Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Travicity

Default JR Blogs: NWA Fanfest, TNA-ECW and Heyman

Jim Ross has put up another new blog on his website here are some highlights:

On the NWA Fanfest: To make sure all of those who are planning on attending the NWA Fanfest the first weekend in August in Charlotte, I will be making a one hour stop from 9-10 pm Thursday evening at the BBQ that's being held and at the Hilton hotel and will be signing and posing for photos on Friday. The highlight for me will be the banquet Friday night where I induct Danny Hodge into the Hall of Heroes. It will be awesome to have two of my very first traveling partners in attendance including Danny plus Scandor Akbar. Boy, the stories that I could tell.

On TNA's ECW storyline: We're getting lots of questions on the revisited, ECW TV storyline being used by TNA. For the record, I hope that all wrestling organizations do well as the individuals who comprise the various company's rosters are largely passionate fans living out their dreams. I'm not a 'dream squasher.' Do I think that this matter will be successful? I don't know. It might be o.k. for a one off sort of deal for a company that needs a 'hit.' Time will answer the 'will it be successful question' which is somewhere subjective in itself as what is the true definition of 'success' in wrestling? It varies by company, that's for sure. Paul Heyman will not be a part of this presentation which does it no favors. Heyman was the strategic mastermind behind the original ECW that grew to have a passionate, cult following and lasted much longer than many 'experts' predicted when ECW started up primarily due to Heyman's leadership and creative vision along with a locker room full of passionate athletes who were in their prime and loved kicking ass.

To me, the old ECW officially ended with the last WWE produced PPV in 2005. But as I said, if wrestling fans enjoy something and want to invest their time and energy into it, so be it because it is and always will be about the fans.

On Joey Styles announcing again: Emailer...speaking of ECW...No, Joey Styles has no interest in broadcasting again in WWE on a full time basis, or so he has said to many, and has expressed his happiness in working to build WWE.com to an even bigger brand. Joey and I hope to broadcast one match together some day in the future for WWEClassics.com or WWE 24/7 On Demand.

On the FCW talents: It was interesting how many kids in FCW have college degrees. I was impressed and if I was in a position to make such mandates I would suggest that a college graduate get priority over someone with no degree if it came down to a tie breaker. There's one prospect in FCW that actually has a doctorate.

Be sure to check out the full blog here

EWN

thanks for the post Travis
    EYES OF THE INSANE