Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Six Pack Challenge for the WWE Title
    Edge vs. Randy Orton vs. Chris Jericho vs. Wade Barrett vs. John Cena vs. Sheamus

Was a decent match overall although in keeping with the theme of the night by some frustrating creative decisions. Read; Jericho being humiliated and even though eliminated, Cena still saved the day by taking out Nexus with chair shots. Good call on going down to Sheamus and Orton with the Viper winning the belt mind. 7/10

No Holds Barred Match for the World Title
    The Undertaker vs. Kane

Despite it not being one of the final two matches on the night I was pleased with this one overall, the storyline with Taker I was concerned would make for a poor showing but luckily it didn't and the finish was well played out. I'd like to see them build for Undertaker coming back to full strength in time for November to complete his 20 years. 6/10

WWE Intercontinental Title Match
    Kofi Kingston vs. Dolph Ziggler

They finally let Ziggler win clean! Excellent. Not a fan of both Ziggler and Kingston running around the ring when they're supposed to be in a debilitating sleeper hold mind. 6/10

WWE United States Title Match
    Daniel Bryan vs. The Miz

Ok in parts but largely disappointing. Bryan winning with the Labelle Lock was the right call. Now a US Title feud with Evan Bourne please 5/10

WWE Tag Team Title Turmoil Match
    The Hart Dynasty vs. The Usos vs Santino and Kozlov vs Henry and Bourne vs Rhodes and McIntyre

Wrestling wise overall was decent enough but there were some bad parts and the set up was horrible.The WWE tag division will continue to be horrible if you throw guys together and call them a team whenever there's a spotlight on the titles. Harts and Usos deserved to be there but the rest were horrible choices just there to get guys on the PPV. Would have been better overall if it was Hart Dynasty vs Usos vs Gallows and Mercury (SES) vs Archer and Hawkins vs Dudbusters vs Nexus or something. 5/10

WWE Women's & Divas Unification Lumberjill Match
    Melina vs. Michelle McCool

They jobbed Melina out to McCool again Despite Layla being the womens champion it was frustrating enough having McCool in teh match. Beth is injured so that can't be helped but Gail deserves much better than just one of the lumberjills. Either way one of the 3 divas who are decent loses to a sloppy looking kick in the face? Not even a proper finisher? Terrible. On a side note anyone else notice Rosa Mendes' apalling attempt at a forearm to Jillian? Awful. 3/10

Big Show vs. CM Punk
    Boring and predictable. Punks promo was good but you could see the angle of it coming a mile off. Was funny though. Yep I'm mostly talking about the promo as that sums the match up perfectly. Piss poor punch to finish means Punk doesn't even get to win in his hometown. 4/10

Overall a PPV that showed good promise was definitely watchable but isn't likely to stick in the memory for very long and had some baffling decisions to highlight the various problems throughout WWE atm. 6/10

(< . . o . . PowerPill! Smartmark's Avatar

^^ I understand that, but it's silly either way, having No-Contests, DQ victories and Count Out victories on PPV's

I dont necessarily want this to happen but its an idea. Rather than doing a Kane vs. Undertaker match right off the bat at Night of Champions they could do a "Championship Challenge" match similar to the one they did at Vengeance 2007.

For those that don't know its a match of just former world champions. So pretty much this match could be Kane vs. Taker vs. Punk vs. Show vs. Swagger. Just an idea really to get guys on the card that would otherwise be off due to the whole championship matches only themed card.

(< . . o . . PowerPill! Smartmark's Avatar

A feud between Bryan Danielson and Evan Bourne would be awesome!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Konan View Post
    I dont necessarily want this to happen but its an idea. Rather than doing a Kane vs. Undertaker match right off the bat at Night of Champions they could do a "Championship Challenge" match similar to the one they did at Vengeance 2007.

For those that don't know its a match of just former world champions. So pretty much this match could be Kane vs. Taker vs. Punk vs. Show vs. Swagger. Just an idea really to get guys on the card that would otherwise be off due to the whole championship matches only themed card.
    I agree, it would be a good idea. I enjoyed the match at Vengeance; Night Of Champions. Even Foley was in it that time

Ive seen a lot of rumours of Miz vs Bryan for the US Title, Bryan winning and Miz then cashing in MITB. I did agree with that but have also seen rumours that Miz might be moving to Smackdown ready for when it airs on SYFY.

The MITB is supposedly RAW exclusive for him so what they could do is have him just say something like he's biding his time and then crucially only mention it sparingly since he'll be on a different show then have an angle where Miz shoots down Teddy Long because he's pissed off at not being one of the top guys on Smackdown and he uses his briefcase to get a title match (hopefully against Orton) at Bragging Rights.

Still think and hope he loses the US belt to Bryan though or even better loses it in a triple threat between Miz, Bryan and Bourne which then leads to Bryan and Bourne having a fued going over the US Title.

Kane vs Taker , and probably a triple threat with Cena, Orton and Sheamus (yawn)

Regarding The 6 Pack Challenge:

Was anyone else slightly pissed when the GM Said the match was being turned into a 6-pack challenge?

Don't get this wrong, I've got nothing wrong with Cena, Edge, Jericho and Barrett but there's clearly other things for them to do at the PPV. Cena and Barrett could face off whilst Edge and Jericho battle (Weeks back on Raw, There was some mention of this). I hate the 6-pack concept. It means that 4 or 5 wrestlers will be laying on the ground at any given moment. The finish will include everyone's finishers (Similar to last nights debacle) and then Sheamus will pin someone (Probably Jericho or Edge) and retain the gold. So damn boring.

If anyone should win the belt, I suggest it be Randy Orton or Wade Barrett. It appears that WWE are U-Turning fast on the Nexus storyline since they only appeared once last night as a faction and that moment was to stare at Nexus. As for Orton, I would strongly accept another title reign. I think we need a face as champion for when Miz cashes his MITB in.

I didn't like the storyline that was aired on RAW (Sheamus got to pick his own challenger only for the GM to deny him of this). WWE should have announced that the matches were going to be qualifying matches where the winner would be entered into a 6-pack challenge; Sheamus still being present at ringside.

Anyway, I will go into this match with an open mind and expect to be pleasantly surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post

I hate the 6-pack concept. It means that 4 or 5 wrestlers will be laying on the ground at any given moment. The finish will include everyone's finishers .
    And that's the best part about the whole thing!
    I just can't wait to watch this match wohoooooo I'm going crazy!

Was anyone else slightly pissed when the GM Said the match was being turned into a 6-pack challenge?

Don't get this wrong, I've got nothing wrong with Cena, Edge, Jericho and Barrett but there's clearly other things for them to do at the PPV. Cena and Barrett could face off whilst Edge and Jericho battle (Weeks back on Raw, There was some mention of this). I hate the 6-pack concept. It means that 4 or 5 wrestlers will be laying on the ground at any given moment. The finish will include everyone's finishers (Similar to last nights debacle) and then Sheamus will pin someone (Probably Jericho or Edge) and retain the gold. So damn boring.

If anyone should win the belt, I suggest it be Randy Orton or Wade Barrett. It appears that WWE are U-Turning fast on the Nexus storyline since they only appeared once last night as a faction and that moment was to stare at Nexus. As for Orton, I would strongly accept another title reign. I think we need a face as champion for when Miz cashes his MITB in.

I didn't like the storyline that was aired on RAW (Sheamus got to pick his own challenger only for the GM to deny him of this). WWE should have announced that the matches were going to be qualifying matches where the winner would be entered into a 6-pack challenge; Sheamus still being present at ringside.

Anyway, I will go into this match with an open mind and expect to be pleasantly surprised.

Six Pack Challenge. It will be Sheamus vs. Edge vs. Randy Orton vs. John Cena vs. Chris Jericho vs. Wade Barrett. What the hell? This is stupid. 3 fueds in one match, Sheamus Orton, Cena Barrett, Jericho Edge.

Than even though they haven't announced it yet Miz vs Bryan. We all know Bryan is going to win

Undertaker vs Kane Kane will win by DQ

Ziggler vs Kofi boring

Harts vs Nexus but which two since Sheffield is hurt

Mabee Laycool vs Melina

All together boring

Quote Originally Posted by Konan View Post
    Six Pack Challenge. It will be Sheamus vs. Edge vs. Randy Orton vs. John Cena vs. Chris Jericho vs. Wade Barrett. What the hell? This is stupid. 3 fueds in one match, Sheamus Orton, Cena Barrett, Jericho Edge.

Than even though they haven't announced it yet Miz vs Bryan. We all know Bryan is going to win

Undertaker vs Kane Kane will win by DQ

Ziggler vs Kofi boring

Harts vs Nexus but which two since Sheffield is hurt

Mabee Laycool vs Melina

All together boring
    Pretty much agree with this, Nexus would make sense to be Otunga and Gabriel. Out of the Nexus members they're the two most similar to Hart Dynasty in size and/or style.

I really hope the Laycool vs Melina thing happens as a triple threat to unify the titles. Likely with LayCool double teaming Melina but Layla changing her mind on letting McCool get the pinfall and taking her out only for Melina to pin Layla.

Pleasantly surprised by a mass finisher/beat down elmination ending, Orton being one of the first knocked out of the ring with a Broag Kick, going down to Cena hitting the Attitude Adjustment on Sheamus to look like winning only for the Viper to strike with an RKO and get the 3 count?

Only question really is whether Miz will cash in his MITB. If Orton wins I don't think he will.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast