...Superhuman

The Boston Herald has a "local boy makes good" story on John Cena today. It talks about tomorrow's 900th edition of Raw and Cena's new movie "Legendary".

There were a few quotes that interested me in the piece such as Cena saying, “I play a superhuman on WWE television and I played damn near a superhuman in ‘12 Rounds’ and ‘The Marine.’ ”

It's nice to see that he knows it at least.

In talking about Cena breaking in to WWE Vince McMahon said, “You have to start with the quality of the human being. John is an extraordinary human being; he’s honest, he’s loyal. He’s full of himself, too. But he’s like a throwback to the type of individual it’s difficult find these days, someone with old-fashioned values. In addition to that, he’s a Neanderthal when it comes to strength.”

As for how Cena broke out ahead of the pack Vince McMahon said he held a meeting with talent and said he was looking for someone to break out. He said, “Step on people on the way over if you have to. Apologize later. I’m looking for someone with courage that wants to break out and be ballsy enough to take on the responsibility of being the top guy. “At the end of the meeting, someone came over and said, ‘I’m your man,’ and that was John.”

PWI