Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Thread: OVW Spoilers

Default OVW Spoilers

OVW returned to the Davis Arena (no longer the "new" Davis Arena) in Louisville Wednesday night with the best OVW tv taping I've been to yet.

In the biggest news, next week's main event was set up as CM Punk and Brent Albright will team up against the 5 members of the Spirit Squad.

This was set up by the Spirit Squad insultingly offering Punk the 6th man on the team spot, to be the backup boy. Punk slapped Mondo and turned them down. Good moment between Punk and Ken Doane on this promo.

Later, Maria tries to interview Brent Albright, who goes all bug eyed on her about the fact he keeps making Punk tap out and yet Punk always Punks Albright out. Brent goes in his locker room, but behind the closed door we hear the sceaming of the crazy Highlanders. These characters have gotten over in 2 weeks with their insane promos. Highlanders notice Punk and Albright, enemies at heart, keep making other teams tap out in less than one minute. The challenge is made. Albright accepts on behalf of himself and Punk, and then starts rambling on about making the Highlanders tap out so there's enough time on tv for Punk and Albright to fight each other.

So then in Punk's locker room, the refs are keeping Punk and Albright seperated when Albright convinces Punk to do the tag team match, so that they will have the time after they make the Highlanders tap out, then they can wrestle each other and settle their issue. After Punk! accepts, he uses Albright's new catch phrase, "Get out or Tap out" and Albright jumps Punk for a big pullapart. Great promo.

Then, in the main event, Punk and Albright take out The Highlanders right away, but then The Spirit Squad jump into the ring. After their "We Hate Punk" cheer earlier in the show, Punk knew what to expect. Punk jumped one of the Spirit Squad and applied a shoot hold. The Squad attacked Punk, and were all kicking him while he was down. Albright returned to the ring with a chair and saved his enemy.

To close the show, Punk and Albright do a promo where Albright says to Punk, "we're never gonna settle our issues until we take those 5 out of the picture." So Albright makes the challenge for the 5 on 2 match for next week at the Davis Arena. Punk accepts, extends his hand, and slights Albright again! This was the best CM Punk moment in OVW yet. Punk walks away from Albight and laughs, "even when we're on the same team, you still get Punked!"

Also on the show was The Idol's Pajama Party with Beth and Shelly coming out with The Idol for a live Pajama Party. When Dean Hill annonced this, I could only start imagining. Idol picked the most opportune time to start his Pajama Party, which was during Paul Burchall's match against Senor Roberto Dawber (who was managed, of course, by Osama Rodriguez Alejandro). This was the wildest segment of the night and Burchall was the best I've ever seen him. Idol's Pajama Party was ruined when Burchall crushed Dawber. This is a really cool angle.

Also, The Boogeyman appeared in a great segment. It was scheduled as KC James against Danny Inferno Gimundo. But before the match, they were joined by Domino, Deuce Shade, and Cherry. Domino did his Dice Clay routine regarding Inferno, but then James wanted to say something and said, "your mother looks like the Boogeyman!" All the heels acted l! ike KC just screwed the goose, and then Boogeyman came out and squahed KC. This was great.

In other news, The Miz made his OVW tv debut against Rene Dupree. During the match, OVW Tag Team Champs Seth Skyfire and Chet The Jet came to ringside and observed Miz. Then The Miz hit The Mizard of Oz finisher, but his partner Chris Cage attacked Skyfire in the leg with a chair from behind. Miz had a decision to make. Go for the cover, or allow his partner to hit Chet with the chair too. Miz dove out of the ring to confront his new partner, and was promptly counted out. Dupree, still laying out face down in the ring, gets his limp hand raised. Great angle to build intrigue in the team of Miz and Cage.

Mikey Batts came out and demanded a match against Beast's partner Titus. You see, Batts is about 5'5'', Titus is about 6'9''. Titus won after Beast helped out. Mikey Batts is the best new cruiserweight, and I've only seen him against two giants. Batts is exciting and really comes across like a crazed little man who won't back down.

This show will be very interesting this weekend on Saturday Night at 11pm on the WB in Louisville. OVW DVD's are available, and directions to next week's TV Taping, on www.ovwrestling.com.

1wrestling
    It is a shame that thease shows are not featured on TWC as they sound a lot better than some of the wwe programming.I hope that Paul Heyman re-signs with the wwe and keeps running OVW as scince he has taken over it looks more like ECW each week.
    'Without Order Nothing Can Exist - Without Chaos Nothing Can Grow'

Indeed sounded like a great show now if we could watch . Well thanks for posting though its the only way to keep up with punk atm.

Never lost a LOW Title
    2010 LOW Hall Of Fame Draven Alexander

WM 22 = Best PPV of 2006 Straight Edge's Avatar

I think i have that show on my PC, well I just downloaded one from last week so we'll soon see whether it's the one mentioned in the news report