Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

The Mac

Default Should Number One Contender Bouts Be Five Rounds?

so in my opinion the fight last night between gray maynard and KenFlo shoulda been a five round fight... if the fight is gonna earn you a championship it should have more importance then a regular bout... also it would show dana if the fighter could go five rounds cuz if th guy who wins gasses but still wins in the fourth maybe dana should reconsider him as a potential contender

so this is my thought whats yours?

Travicity

I dont think I could of watched 5 rounds of that lol. I don't think so I think it should stay 3 and titles 5 but maybe special occassions

The Mac

ya last night was boring but vitor and okami could be a good 5 rounder CroCop and Mir plus lots of past ones woulda been better a 5 rounds instead of three

Travicity

If two people have long and hard path's and it's a good build up then maybe a 5 rounder yar.

Nope, I disagree entirely. Only title fights should be 5 rounds and exclusively 5 rounds because they are the most important fights. 3 Rounds is enough to settle the score in any other fight, anyway Dana White answered this question when someone asked if Couture/Nogueira should have been 5 rounds, and he bascially said no non title matches will be over 3 rounds ever.

I've never really thought about this, but it might not be a bad idea. However, I have often thought that main event fights, whether they're title fights or not, should be five rounds. Fights like Rampage vs. Rashad and Tito vs. Forrest ended way too quickly and with two extra rounds, things may have been a lot different.

The Mac

exactly

I think 5 rounds should only be for title fights like the way it is. I feel like every main event is 5 rounds, it would take away from the actually feel of a 5 round bout. Like there would be nothing special about it anymore

gfx credit: Role Model

"The best in the world" Andre Jones
    Triple Crown Winner
    2x LOW Heavyweight Champion
    2x Mr. Money in the Bank
    2013 Superstar of the Year
    1X Universal Champion
    1X LOW Tag Team Champion
    42-18-2 1-NC

Ashley Lane
    1X Women's Champion
    6-4-1

The Mac

ya but number one contender matchs r special too lol they aint just a normal bout