Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Travicity

Default John Cena's New Movie Tanks

Legendary, WWE Films' newest release, opened this weekend and drew $135,210 in a total of 177 theaters. This was good for #12 on the Limited Release chart and an average of $764 per theater.

Even though this was a limited release, the number is still well below what WWE Films was hoping for out of the production.

The theatrical release was small by design and it was designed for all the money to be made back in DVD form. Previous John Cena movies have done well once they hit DVD.

To be honest, these numbers are a freakin disaster!

EWN

Yeah they should stick with the action movies... most people will watch an action movie at least once, and having a wrestler star in it might be a better draw... a guy like Cena should stick to action, I don't think any wrestlers are cut out for dramas.

Hahahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Kage View Post
    Hahahahahaha
    ^^^ This.

Main Eventer

Yeah, they should do what I said to do a long time ago:

Jericho & Edge in a crazy/intense drama-thriller, they are amazing actors. Forget your hero John Cena and his garbage action/drama movies.

Default Legendary? John Cena's New Movie Falls Short of Expectations

Yep, IWC your were right, it tanked. John Cena's Legendary only made $135,210 in theaters. Placing itself at No. 12 in the Box Office. The movie release was limited but WWE expected it to make more than it did.

Though they expected it to make most of its budget back in DVD sales as Cena's past movies made plenty in DVD sales.

My opinion on the subject is the movies plot never really caught attention like 12 Rounds & The Marine.

It has a more somber setting. Most WWE fans probably were looking for more action. Mat wrestling doesn't exactly help them in that situation.

Maybe WWE Film's can bounce back with Edge & Triple H's future releases. Those are movies I am already looking forward to.

Bleacher Report

that is some of the worst numbers ever stick to action movies www.

Ring Crew

he cant wrestle why would you expect that he can act?

Jobber

It is a mix of the type of movie, which was released as basically an art house film, and that's why Samuel Goldwyn as the releasing house and then they release it on notoriously, one of the worse box office weekends of the year. Resident Evil is the only type of film that can do anything on the weekend after Labor Day and they consider $27 million blockbuster for it (the best release of any of the R.E. movies and it will most likely mean a fifth movie). Clooney only made about 5 million in wide release in its second weekend. They set this film up to fail at the box office and only so they could say it released in theatres, in order to help dvd sales. Imagine on the box, "The number 1 Art House film" or some twist like that. I won't judge this film on a box office that never had a chance to succeed. I'm a filmmaker and I was home this weekend watching college football, followed by the NFL, as many non-filmmakers did. Horrible, horrible choice to release a film that didn't have Milla Jovavich kicking zombie ass.