Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Travicity

Default R.I.P: People's Thoughts on the Now Retired WWE Women's Title

World Wrestling Entertainment has retired the WWE Women's Championship, which lineage dates back to 1956. It was the oldest active professional wrestling championship in company history. WWE is continuing the title lineage of the Divas Championship with the Unified belt. Layla is the last recognized Women's Champion.

Beth Phoenix, a three-time Women's Champion, expressed her disappointment in WWE's decision to put the title to pasture.

"It saddens me to see the historic Women's Title moved into retirement, but I am so grateful to have had the honor of holding it," she wrote on Twitter. "My sights remain on the Unified Diva's Championship."

Meanwhile, former WWE star Mickie James, a five-time holder of the belt, released an emotional statement on Twitter concerning its retirement.

"The retirement of the Women's Championship breaks my heart," she wrote. "The nostalgia and the legacy built off the backs of every woman who paved the way for women like me... Who gave it credibility... Honor... Prestige... & Truth! For every woman who's carried the championship through the generations... Who know the power & history you feel in holding it high above your head.. That can never be replaced by anything in my mind... In my heart... I am truly honored and forever grateful to be among the women who have graced its presence... Thank you..."

Ex-WWE star Carlito wrote in response to James, "Dont worry, there's now 2 butterfly belts!"

EWN

Lol Yea there's 2 butterfly belts screw history :hmm:

oh thats incredible .thanks for the update

Mid-carder

So stupid. Should have retired the Divas strap.

(< . . o . . PowerPill! Smartmark's Avatar

Of all the stipid decisions WWE have done in the last couple of years, to unify the Womens Title was one of the most stupidest!

Thanx for posting Travis!

wtf....thats sooo gay...the divas title looks like shit...i wish they woulda just kept the womans title

Idiot Extrodinair Dragón De Muerte's Avatar

Only reason they probably kept diva title over womans is that they already ruined womans title by cutting it in half. End of they day lets face it women wrestling in wwe is pretty much a joke at the moment, if they wanted to use the divas correctly melina would be champ.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------