Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Owner

Default Hogan Fans What's So Great About This Guy?

No offense to anyone.

I'm simply just asking a question...
    1) He can't wrestle for shit
    2) He plays the politics game better than anyone
    3) He refuses to put anyone over
    4) He'll walk out if he doesn't get his way
    5) And did I mention he can't wrestle for shit

So what is it? Nostalgia? I don't get it. Now I'll admit that when he was big in the 80's, I was like 3yrs old,but from what I've seen over the years and the footage I've seen, he aint shit.

ya,he used to be great but now hes a true has been.there is nothing great about him now. his matches are boring he doesnt have to me any charisma at all when he does his moves. The only thing I can think of that is good about him is his daughter.

Quote Originally Posted by sweet
    The only thing I can think of that is good about him is his daughter.
    ^ LoL

Hogan = GoodLuck!

The King of Kings Dubbz4president's Avatar

People love Hogan for what he represents. I believe that deep inside everyone loves Hogan. He not only made wrestling what it is today but his approach towards total goodness and his comebacks and Hulking up, people just love it! Also the fact that he was in one of the greatest factions in history (NWO) people just love his history and the fact that he's still rocking it.

^GREATEST DAY OF MY LIFE^

DON'T GIE'A FUCK the madscotsman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbz4president
    People love Hogan for what he represents. I believe that deep inside everyone loves Hogan. He not only made wrestling what it is today but his approach towards total goodness and his comebacks and Hulking up, people just love it! Also the fact that he was in one of the greatest factions in history (NWO) people just love his history and the fact that he's still rocking it.

Now that's just rubbish not everybody loves Hogan. I hate him, he can't wrestle and has manipulated his way through his career

Jobber

i think he should just quit it now and stop wreslting maybe he can do a cuople of storylines as a manager or a side man

Screwed up in a HOSTEL the phenomenal sid's Avatar

see guys,hogan existed in a time when people believed what they were shown and internet as well as forums like uow didnt exist.Hogan used to be one of the few muscled up guys in wwe then coz then shape was not the norm but size was.He used to be like a good-doing guy in the ring.the very reason why vince didnt make him a proper heel till nWo happenned was hogans larger than life good doer image.he was a hit with teens bcoz they wanted to be like him,have a body like him and all.parents loved him bcoz as far as i know or remember,he used to promote good stuff like i remember how in his ads he used to ask children to eat their proteins and vitamins,and used to try to discourage drugs and stuff.even publicly he was never embroiled in any controversy regarding possession of drugs or alcohol or anything else.so he was able to relate to all people of the society

so all in all he may not have been a good wrestler but he was a good guy and people loved that.and that generation who grew up idolising hogan still forms a large part of the hulkamaniacs.so thats what is great about him.if you disagree with me,please tell me where i am wrong?
    [IMG][/IMG]

Jobber

Quote Originally Posted by sweet
    ya,he used to be great but now hes a true has been.there is nothing great about him now. his matches are boring he doesnt have to me any charisma at all when he does his moves. The only thing I can think of that is good about him is his daughter.

Nothing great about him now? when was he ever great? The guy was possibly the worst wrestler to ever hold a world title and the only time he was ever interesting was when he was the heel of the nwo. He sucked back in the 80s and he still sucks. I hope Orton ends his career once and for all and we never see him again but I know that won't happen cuz Mr Ego won't job to anybody.

Jobber

Quote Originally Posted by the phenomenal sid
    see guys,hogan existed in a time when people believed what they were shown and internet as well as forums like uow didnt exist.Hogan used to be one of the few muscled up guys in wwe then coz then shape was not the norm but size was.He used to be like a good-doing guy in the ring.the very reason why vince didnt make him a proper heel till nWo happenned was hogans larger than life good doer image.he was a hit with teens bcoz they wanted to be like him,have a body like him and all.parents loved him bcoz as far as i know or remember,he used to promote good stuff like i remember how in his ads he used to ask children to eat their proteins and vitamins,and used to try to discourage drugs and stuff.even publicly he was never embroiled in any controversy regarding possession of drugs or alcohol or anything else.so he was able to relate to all people of the society

so all in all he may not have been a good wrestler but he was a good guy and people loved that.and that generation who grew up idolising hogan still forms a large part of the hulkamaniacs.so thats what is great about him.if you disagree with me,please tell me where i am wrong?

LMAO at hew tried to discourage kids from doing drugs when he was the original roid wonder of the WWF

Screwed up in a HOSTEL the phenomenal sid's Avatar

whats exactly ur age??if u have an elder sibling or someone who saw him in 80's and 90's will see my point
    [IMG][/IMG]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast