Henman ready for Murray rematch

Tim Henman is determined to put up more of a fight when he faces Andy Murray for the second time in a week at the Cincinnati Masters on Tuesday.

The Englishman lost 6-2 7-6 (7-3) to the 19-year-old Scot in Toronto last week, and they meet again at 1600 BST.

"Obviously it's not an easy match, it never is when you play against somebody from the same country," he said.

"But it's a good opportunity for me as last week's loss to Andy left a bitter taste in my mouth."

Murray has risen to 21 in the world rankings after reaching the final in Washington and the semis in Toronto, and Henman knows he is up against a man in form.

"There are a handful of players that are on a roll at the moment and Andy's certainly one of those," Henman told his website.

"His record since the beginning of Wimbledon is very positive and he must be more confident now than he ever has been.

"That's going to make life very difficult for me but on the plus side the courts are a lot faster here in Cincinnati and I have a good record here."

Murray expects to face more of a challenge from his fellow Briton on Tuesday.

"His preparation will probably be a bit better for the match," said Murray.

"He is experienced enough to know what happened earlier on in the week and I'm sure he'll change a few things.

"The way Tim plays is tough to play against. You don't see it too often nowadays.

"Tim will be pretty close to the baseline and trying to come into the net as much as possible. It's going to be a tough match, for sure."

The winner is likely to face world number one Roger Federer in round two.

British number three Greg Rusedski is also in the draw, and faces fourth seeded Croatian Ivan Ljubicic at approximately 1900 BST.

Credit - BBC Sport