Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Travicity

Default Goldberg Comments on HHH's HOF Remark and Mae Young Set's a Record on RAW

With Mae Young's win over LayCool on last night's RAW, she becomes the only man or woman in history to wrestle in nine decades - the 1930's, 1940's, 1950's, 1960's, 1970's, 1980's, 1990's, 2000's and the 2010's.

Bill Goldberg wrote the following on Twitter in response to Triple H's recent comments that he isn't a good choice for the WWE Hall of Fame:

"I read HHH and HBK’s views on the #WWE HOF….everyone is entitled to their own opinion.They do have a point if induction is based on tenure"

LOP

Damn that dinosaur can still go.

The Eating Machine! Kenpachi Zaraki's Avatar

Goldberg should be a shoo-in

If Kenpachi used his Bankai, Armageddon, Ragnarok, and every other form of the apocalypse would march from the depths of hell with their demonic legions of death.... then take one look at him and turn tail and run.

Goldberg was the Ultimate Warrior of WCW...a flash in the pan. I mean, since people like Koko B. Ware and Pete Rose are in the HOF, sure why not? But is he deserving...not when there's still guys like The Road Warriors, The Four Horsemen, Mick Foley, The Fabulous Freebirds, Randy Savage, The Midnight Express & The RN'R Express who have yet to be inducted.

Quote Originally Posted by mikedudelang View Post
    Goldberg was the Ultimate Warrior of WCW...a flash in the pan. I mean, since people like Koko B. Ware and Pete Rose are in the HOF, sure why not? But is he deserving...not when there's still guys like The Road Warriors, The Four Horsemen, Mick Foley, The Fabulous Freebirds, Randy Savage, The Midnight Express & The RN'R Express who have yet to be inducted.
    But there is an argument that wrestling is a scripted business and therefore to a certain extent a percentage of guys were gifted prominence. That is however the nature of the business and Goldberg is arguably the biggest name to come from WCW. On that basis, if it is to be a WCW themed year partcularly, he should most definitely be inducted.
    __________________________________________________ ____

And that's really why I don't have a problem with it. I mean, the guy DID draw a lot of money for that year and a half. I guess I just look at guys like The Freebirds and Randy Savage and think to myself, "yeah, but these guys drew money for 2 decades!"

Quote Originally Posted by mikedudelang View Post
    And that's really why I don't have a problem with it. I mean, the guy DID draw a lot of money for that year and a half. I guess I just look at guys like The Freebirds and Randy Savage and think to myself, "yeah, but these guys drew money for 2 decades!"
    Someone like Savage particularly is arguably one of the biggest and most recognisable names throughout the industry, I'm surprised he hasn't been inducted already in fairness.

Having said that rather than what is rumoured to be a WCW themed ppv where a number of high profile names could be inducted, Savage is someone who arguably deserves to go in on a year where he is the main inductee you know?
    __________________________________________________ ____

I think looking over his career, and his "achievements" he should be honored but not inducted. He was a huge deal in '98 and that's it, no one truly cared about him on that level again until 2003 and then he chose to leave a year later.