Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

The Mac

Default Jose Aldo Offically UFC Champion

Meet Jose Aldo (18-1 MMA, 8-0 WEC), the UFC's first-ever featherweight champion.

The 24-year-old Brazilian, who closed out his WEC run with two successful defenses of that promotion's 145-pound belt, was granted the UFC's first-ever featherweight championship when Zuffa LLC elected to merge the UFC and WEC.

Today, in a ceremony held at The Palace of Auburn Hills in advance of this evening's UFC 123 event in suburban Detroit, UFC president Dana White awarded Also his belt.

MMAjunkie.com and other media members entered the cage to snap photos of the ceremony.

The soft-spoken Aldo was decked out in his finest suit as he and White posed for photos with manager Ed Soares nearby.

Aldo debuted for the WEC in June 2008 with a second-round TKO win over Shooto legend Alexandre Franca "Pequeno" Nogueira.

Following five consecutive knockout wins to open his WEC run – including three in the first round – Aldo was granted a title shot against then-champion Mike Brown. Aldo halted Brown with strikes in the second round.

Aldo then defended his belt twice with wins over Manny Gamburyan and Urijah Faber and is currently considered among the top pound-for-pound fighters in the world.

Aldo defends his newly issued UFC belt for the first time against top contender Josh Grispi (14-1 MMA, 4-0 WEC) at "UFC 125: Resolution," which takes place Jan. 1 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas

Travicity

Oh wow featherweight champ can't wait to see the first defense.

He looks good with the UFC belt. Pound for pound, he's my pick for the best fighter in the world.

The Mac

i rank him prob 3rd or fourth

Mid-carder

dude is a beast, but DAMN UFC for merging WEC into them no more free PPV quality matches on Vs. now i bet

The Mac

i feel bad for the lightweight guys cuz there is gonna be a lot of firings coming soon and some big names are gonna be gone but the local promotion here in edmonton MFC picks those guys up so its good for me hahaha

(< . . o . . PowerPill! Smartmark's Avatar

Thanx for posting Mac!