Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

The Mac

Default Karo Parisyan Released

Karo Parisyan's latest UFC stint will last just one fight.

The troubled veteran welterweight, who pulled out of multiple UFC fights in recent years because of panic attacks and other personal issues, convinced UFC president Dana White to give him one more chance.

But following a quick and uninspired loss to Dennis Hallman (50-13-2 MMA, 3-4 UFC) on the preliminary card of Saturday's UFC 123 event, Parisyan (19-6 MMA, 8-4 UFC) will need to look for work elsewhere.

Parisyan got the ax in 2009 after pulling out of a fight with Dustin Hazelett on the eve of UFC 106. White said Parisyan gave a "laundry list" of excuses.

And earlier in the year, a victory over undefeated Dong Hyun Kim was overturned to a no-contest when Parisyan failed a post-fight drug test due to prescription painkillers he hadn't been prescribed.

Parisyan slowly opened up about his troubles and specifically pointed to the panic attack, family problems and money issues. He finally got back into the cage this past July during an Impact FC event in Australia, where he submitted overmatched Ben Mortimer.

Then came the calls to White.

"A lot of people were asking why I brought him back," White told MMAjunkie.com after UFC 123 at The Palace of Auburn Hills in suburban Detroit. "I get in these positions where there are guys like Karo Parisyan who have put on a lot of great fights for me over the past few years. He falls on hard times, and I don't want to sit here and act like a goof and pat myself on the back, but I've done a lot of things for him.

"He was texting and calling me, and I was like, 'I'll give this guy one more chance.'"

Parisyan, though, looked to be in subpar shape at Friday's weigh-ins, and Hallman needed a mere minute and 47 seconds to pick up a TKO victory. Parisyan, who once has been promised a title shot before injuries derailed the plans, never was competitive in the fight.

White didn't want to divulge specifics about Parisyan's personal life or current issues, but he said he's going to need to see changes before the Armenian ever fights in the UFC again.

"Karo Parisyan's going to have to pull himself together and get his life together," he said. "Karo Parisyan's going to have to figure out the next chapter of his life."

A few months ago, White told MMAjunkie.com he only allowed Parisyan back in the UFC because he had assurances he was making progress in his personal life. He was involved in the efforts. And though White said he'd never put a fighter in danger, he didn't see enough at UFC 123 to think Parisyan is ready to compete against the world's best fighters.

"I'll never put a fighter in harm's way," White said. "But Karo came in here tonight and proved he can't compete at this level anymore."

Travicity

Well I guess after that performance you can't blame them.