Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Starring At Alexa's Ass A Blissful Ass's Avatar

I don't even know who pope is
    If you watched ECW when it was branded in WWE in 2006 you'll remember Elijah Burke Leader of the New Breed & hailed by Vince as the future of WWE but got fired by WWE in 2008
    made his Debut with TNA in 2009 as Pope D'Angelo Dinero.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bad Guy View Post
    If you watched ECW when it was branded in WWE in 2006 you'll remember Elijah Burke Leader of the New Breed & hailed by Vince as the future of WWE but got fired by WWE in 2008
    made his Debut with TNA in 2009 as Pope D'Angelo Dinero.
    I did not. I saw one of the ecw house shows when it was first rebranded and was still trying to exist as a separate brand, but that was before any new breed storylines. I actually haven't consistently watched wrestling in several years. The backstage aspects and the whole basis of taking a business that was nothing more than a sideshow circus act and turning it to a worldwide billion dollar industry fascinates me, but the actual product doesn't do anything for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    I did not. I saw one of the ecw house shows when it was first rebranded and was still trying to exist as a separate brand, but that was before any new breed storylines. I actually haven't consistently watched wrestling in several years. The backstage aspects and the whole basis of taking a business that was nothing more than a sideshow circus act and turning it to a worldwide billion dollar industry fascinates me, but the actual product doesn't do anything for me.
    Interesting. So, you admit you essentially know nothing about the current product/rosters, yet continue to come on here say things which are equal parts incorrect/misinformed.

You say RVD has the worst mic skills of any World Champion ever. Obviously, you've never heard Jeff Hardy, The Great Khali, The Iron Sheik, Sid Vicious and/or Scott Steiner. All current or former World Champions, all BRUUUUUUUUTAL on the mic.

You say you don't know Pope. Well, that's your loss because not only is he a great talker, he's also a fantastic in-ring performer.

I know you're not a fan of Mr. Anderson, but saying he's a "no-talent ass clown who lucked into a gimmick" does little else than show your lack of depth. Truth is, he's yet another performer with quality mic skills and in-ring ability.

Finally, saying that Sting and Nash have more talent that these guys pretty much proves that the one time you've been right was when you said you no longer consistently watch wrestling. This is plainly obvious, because if you actually think Sting and Nash, at their current ages are still more talented than RVD, Pope and Anderson, then you're obviously stuck in 1995. Both men are legends in the business and have made a TON of money but even Nash himself has said that at his age, he couldn't carry a company.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but when you come on a pro wrestling forum, admit you don't even watch the product, then shit all over guys you've never even seen in the ring, it pretty much discredits EVERYTHING else you say which might contain some legit insight. Rather than posting misinformed b.s. in an effort to get a rise out of someone, why not just stick to the threads where you can actually converse on a topic with some actual knowledge? Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by mikedudelang View Post
    Interesting. So, you admit you essentially know nothing about the current product/rosters, yet continue to come on here say things which are equal parts incorrect/misinformed.

You say RVD has the worst mic skills of any World Champion ever. Obviously, you've never heard Jeff Hardy, The Great Khali, The Iron Sheik, Sid Vicious and/or Scott Steiner. All current or former World Champions, all BRUUUUUUUUTAL on the mic.

You say you don't know Pope. Well, that's your loss because not only is he a great talker, he's also a fantastic in-ring performer.

I know you're not a fan of Mr. Anderson, but saying he's a "no-talent ass clown who lucked into a gimmick" does little else than show your lack of depth. Truth is, he's yet another performer with quality mic skills and in-ring ability.

Finally, saying that Sting and Nash have more talent that these guys pretty much proves that the one time you've been right was when you said you no longer consistently watch wrestling. This is plainly obvious, because if you actually think Sting and Nash, at their current ages are still more talented than RVD, Pope and Anderson, then you're obviously stuck in 1995. Both men are legends in the business and have made a TON of money but even Nash himself has said that at his age, he couldn't carry a company.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but when you come on a pro wrestling forum, admit you don't even watch the product, then shit all over guys you've never even seen in the ring, it pretty much discredits EVERYTHING else you say which might contain some legit insight. Rather than posting misinformed b.s. in an effort to get a rise out of someone, why not just stick to the threads where you can actually converse on a topic with some actual knowledge? Just my opinion.
    well that was much too long to read, so i'm just going to comment on the part that I read before I gave up on your ability to converse thoughts in an efficient and interesting manner. I heard Jeff talking last week on impact, he may still suck but he's still better than rvd. The new gimmick is helping him alot. I probably dont recall the shieks mic skills since his relevance was 3 decades ago. His shoot interviews are amazing though. He's a complete whackjob and, again, much better working the mic than rvd. Sid was awesome, to a kid as I was when he was actually relevant. Psycho beats stoner in the world of professional wrestling.Steiner was another case of whackjob on the mic and it worked for him.

On a related subject, just for the record, "not consistently watching" and not watching are not the same things. The "consistently" makes it different. Its a thing, in the English language, where each word in a sentence means something in the grand scheme of the sentence. Its really the most basic of grammar concepts.
    Last edited by Will; 11-30-2010 at 12:03 AM.

The Eating Machine! Kenpachi Zaraki's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mikedudelang View Post

If you can understand what Khali says his promos are pretty funny and intersting. Iron Sheik is awesome RVD talks like a stoner "Imma get High Dude", "I'm so cool dude" what nonsense. The phone interview he did after Abyss nearly killed him he's like I'll be rehabbing and what. Seriously? SHow some passion, show that you wanna kill the monster but no RVD can't stop talking like a stoner because he actually is one

If Kenpachi used his Bankai, Armageddon, Ragnarok, and every other form of the apocalypse would march from the depths of hell with their demonic legions of death.... then take one look at him and turn tail and run.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12