Credit: Portal do Vale Tudo

Before the UFC Heavyweight Championship belt can even get warm around newly crowned champion Cain Velasquez's waist, another hungry contender is waiting in the wings looking to shake the division up again and force the title to change hands. That man is Junior "Cigano" dos Santos and, in a recent interview with Portal do Vale Tudo in Brazil translated by Fighter's Only, the Black House team member stated that the new champion is on his mind more than a girlfriend.

"[Cain] Velasquez is more than a girlfriend, he doesn't leave my head," said dos Santos of his upcoming opponent.

Though it seems a foregone conclusion that "Cigano" will be fighting for the belt next, dos Santos himself won't feel at ease until the fight is officially confirmed.

"I'm just waiting for confirmation of when the fight will take place. I am very excited and happy for the opportunity to fight for the UFC belt. It's a dream come true. I am going to work really hard and I'm sure I'll be able to cope and bring this belt to Brazil."

"Cigano" was last seen in action against Roy Nelson at UFC 117 this past August, where he earned a unanimous decision victory after dominating Nelson completely over three rounds. The 26-year old Brazilian striker is currently on a seven-fight winning streak including victories over Fabricio Werdum, Stefan Struve, Mirko Filipovic, Gilbert Yvel, Gabriel Gonzaga and Nelson.

There has been no date set yet for dos Santos' title shot against now-champion Cain Velasquez, but it is clearly a bout that promises to deliver fireworks.