Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

I like his gimmick and think he's doing a pretty good job with it. He's not a great talker but has really embraced his gimmick and that's making all the difference in the world for him, I believe. It's funny, I thought out of he and DiBiase, he'd be the one most likely to end up being a 'first match' kind of wrestler. Turns out, he's blowing up and DiBiase is stuck in a horrible storyline with Maryse.

Main Eventer

It looks like they're sticking him in a feud with Big Show which IMO sucks because Big Show puts on awful matches and promos. What it could be good for is getting Dashing over as being able to defeat bigger men despite his size as he already handled Mark Henry clean in the ring. I was hoping he'd have continued feuding Masters but as long as they have him win the feud against Big Show I'm OK. He really needs to win a singles title soon though.

I think the Rhodes-Big Show thing could work well at turning him into a truly hated heel performer, provided the WWE does it correctly. With Big Show doing some things with Eve Torres and Hornswaggle, Cody's promos should be all about how Show and Horny are both misfit freaks and how Eve needs to quit hanging out with losers, etc. Mix in the cockiness he's been rolling with in the vignettes and the WWE could have something really good on their hands, especially if they could put him over Show.

Cody Rhodes is a great wrestler, and has a fantastic level of "GO AWAY" heat. I'm positive that he shall be a main eventer in the future, possibly even a World Champion. His gimmick is what lets him down, in my opinion. Currently, he's doing a DASHING (I can't say the word Dashing anymore without thinking of this guy.. Yes, I did say Dashing before Rhodes made it his) gimmick and it's just awful. I can't stand how he tells us to pull our nose hairs (To those who have them), get the hair leg off our legs and do other things. Cody (Although I find the gimmick funny on him), could do so much better than this.

Main Eventer

Clearly his feud with Big Show will continue, does anyone think that it could result in a PPV match to settle things? The thing is that I can legitimately see Dashing beating Big Show clean because Dashing beat Mark Henry in a clean match on RAW a few weeks ago. If he does continue his feud with Big Show, I see a potential singles title run shortly after. Maybe Swagger takes IC belt from Ziggler as he moves to main event and Kofi/Swagger feud and Kofi wins then Dashing feuds Kofi and takes the title.

Quote Originally Posted by EeL View Post
    Clearly his feud with Big Show will continue, does anyone think that it could result in a PPV match to settle things? The thing is that I can legitimately see Dashing beating Big Show clean because Dashing beat Mark Henry in a clean match on RAW a few weeks ago. If he does continue his feud with Big Show, I see a potential singles title run shortly after. Maybe Swagger takes IC belt from Ziggler as he moves to main event and Kofi/Swagger feud and Kofi wins then Dashing feuds Kofi and takes the title.
    Don't forget the time of year though, Rumble will only likely feature the two world title matches and maybe tag/divas match and Elimination Chamber will likely have Show in Smackdowns if not Rhodes as well so I don't see the two having a match on PPV anytime soon.

I'd rather Rhodes beats Show on Smackdown and goes on to have an IC Title shot against Ziggler at Elimination Chamber.
    __________________________________________________ ____

The Eating Machine! Kenpachi Zaraki's Avatar

lmao beating Mark henry doesn't mean a thing EeL. The gimmick is where he'll miss out big time because main event matches do not have comedy. He might be in the Chamber but even that there's a very small chance of

If Kenpachi used his Bankai, Armageddon, Ragnarok, and every other form of the apocalypse would march from the depths of hell with their demonic legions of death.... then take one look at him and turn tail and run.

Main Eventer

Quote Originally Posted by Metalitia View Post
    Don't forget the time of year though, Rumble will only likely feature the two world title matches and maybe tag/divas match and Elimination Chamber will likely have Show in Smackdowns if not Rhodes as well so I don't see the two having a match on PPV anytime soon.

I'd rather Rhodes beats Show on Smackdown and goes on to have an IC Title shot against Ziggler at Elimination Chamber.
    I get what you're saying about there not being enough time on the upcoming PPVs to host the match but maybe Rhodes can win the IC Title on SmackDown then feud with Big Show on a PPV for the title while Ziggler is in the Elimination Chamber? But a feud settling match on SmackDown could work but they need Dashing to do more promos and build up the feud some more.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichigo Kurosaki View Post
    lmao beating Mark henry doesn't mean a thing EeL. The gimmick is where he'll miss out big time because main event matches do not have comedy. He might be in the Chamber but even that there's a very small chance of
    Dashing is not comedy and yes the main event does have comedy, if Miz can be WWE Champion ANYONE can be WWE Champion especially Dashing because his gimmick is way better than Miz's which I don't even know what that is exactly. I do agree that Big Show and Dashing should be in the Elimination Chamber for SmackDown. Beating MArk Henry means a lot for someone Dashing's size, it shows me that he can take down giants like Big Show and Undertaker.

Main Eventer

After watching SmackDown! where Dashing was placed in a number one contender's match for the World Heavyweight Championship, I think it's safe to say that he's at least being considered main event material. I mean he's been in matches with Randy Orton, Shawn Michaels, Triple H, Undertaker etc. so it's clear that he can roll with the big boys, he just needs to get a chance. With SmackDown in its current state, there's lots of positions open for him.

I think now that Big Show is going to feud with Barrett, Dashing can go feud with Kofi for the Intercontinental Championship and win it from him as we all know Kofi is a boring champion and has enough IC title reigns under his belt.

Quote Originally Posted by EeL View Post
    After watching SmackDown! where Dashing was placed in a number one contender's match for the World Heavyweight Championship, I think it's safe to say that he's at least being considered main event material. I mean he's been in matches with Randy Orton, Shawn Michaels, Triple H, Undertaker etc. so it's clear that he can roll with the big boys, he just needs to get a chance. With SmackDown in its current state, there's lots of positions open for him.

I think now that Big Show is going to feud with Barrett, Dashing can go feud with Kofi for the Intercontinental Championship and win it from him as we all know Kofi is a boring champion and has enough IC title reigns under his belt.
    Not really sure why they gave the IC title back to Kofi when there's so many underutilized talents on the show like Rhodes. I suppose his time will come but I would've loved to see Cody get it. Would've been a great opportunity for him.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast