Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    On the bench!

Quote Originally Posted by EeL View Post
    So lots of people here actually say that The Dashing One doesn't have a main event gimmick and basically will not be a main eventer because of the gimmick. I think they're all wrong. As seen with The Miz, he proved me wrong by showing me that you don't need in-ring skills or a good look to be a main eventer but you have to get over any way possible and The Miz used his almost above average mic skills to get there. Cody, on the other hand, has great mic skills, in-ring skills and an amazing/unique gimmick. So what's the problem with Cody getting to the main event? People "claim" it's the gimmick, but it's getting him over a lot. When his awesome theme "Smoke & Mirrors" hits, the crowd boos quite loudly and when he talks he gets even more heat (look at the promo he cut when SD! was in England). So even if people want to say that the gimmick isn't a "main event gimmick" he's still getting over which is apparently all that matters to reach the main event. Not to mention that Cody is one of the reasons that I have to watch SmackDown! on a weekly basis.

DISCUSS.
    Miz is legendary on the mic man in my opinion and in ring is ten times better than rhodes I just cant ever see it happening with rhodes didiase should be getting pushed more.

See now from what Ive seen over the last year Rhodes has shown far more talent and potential to carry a story off in the ring than DiBiase has.

DiBiase seems solid BUT without really shining and seems to have gone backwards (however he is being booked pretty poorly).

Rhodes to feud with Kingston over the IC title for now and I would suggest it may be between he and Mcintyre to win Smackdowns MITB match assuming there is one at Mania which is won by Del Rio.
    __________________________________________________ ____

Main Eventer

Quote Originally Posted by ironicicon View Post
    Not really sure why they gave the IC title back to Kofi when there's so many underutilized talents on the show like Rhodes. I suppose his time will come but I would've loved to see Cody get it. Would've been a great opportunity for him.
    I think if they did a Fatal 4-Way match for the title and then let Dashing win it, that would have been better for Dolph's sake because he doesn't look weak going into the world title scene. Especially if they let Cody pin someone else like Kofi or something. If they did the singles match just for the sake of him using the rematch immediately after, they could have just done that with the 4-way as well.

Quote Originally Posted by danniboi View Post
    Miz is legendary on the mic man in my opinion and in ring is ten times better than rhodes I just cant ever see it happening with rhodes didiase should be getting pushed more.
    The Miz is above average on the mic, at best. I'm not a Miz hater, I like him a bit but I honestly can't stand people saying that his promos are "amazing" and comparing them to the promos of Jericho. The Miz hasn't even proved himself on promos yet, I haven't even seen him do a promo for more than ten minutes straight without someone else by his side helping with the promo (the Christmas thing). Also, none of his promos are memorable to me unlike the many promos of Jericho, HHH, Austin, Rock, Goldust and other top people on the mic.

Dashing is way better than The Miz on the mic, he's just not been given what The Miz was given to get him over. The Miz was given a feud with John Cena right off from splitting up with Morrison and obviously saying exactly what the Internet was thinking about Cena to Cena on LIVE TV was going to get the Internet behind him and have people proclaim "amazing" mic skills. Yes, Dashing's mic skills aren't as great as the great ones I mentioned before but to be unbiased he's around the same level as Miz or higher. The thing about Dashing's promos though are that they sound like they're coming from a different voice. We all know that almost all superstars unless they're at the top, has a script written for them and they have to say exactly that. The Miz's promos sound like they came from the same guy who wrote promos for Orton, Ted DiBiase etc. Hence, he just sounds like them but saying different things. He's not really unique, I see his gimmick as just "generic heel" actually. Dashing on the other hand sounds different than other people, like Drew McIntyre etc.

And you want to claim that The Miz is ten times better than Dashing in the ring? First of all, I still don't think The Miz understand ring psychology of a match that isn't a stipulation/gimmick match because all of his "main event" level singles matches be it with Cena, Orton or Edge (he had one on SD watched it on the DVD yesterday) were really bad and they had to carry him severely. Only one of his singles matches really says to me he can put on a good match with the right person and that's Daniel Bryan, the one where he lost the US title to him was a really good match although the Danielson fan in me would have to say that he carried The Miz. Anyway, that's not the point except that at least when Dashing gets normal singles matches people on the Internet (the people that so love The Miz) aren't actually afraid to watch, while for The Miz I already know there's a lot of people not even wanting to see The Miz/Orton at the Rumble because we all know that'll be a train wreck or just plain boring, your pick. Dashing puts on consistent entertaining matches on SD each week, and doesn't bring excitement to his matches by just endless cheating. I KNOW that's The Miz's gimmick but maybe that's WWE's way of trying to cover up the fact that The Miz can't put on an entertaining match without some controversy occurring.

Quote Originally Posted by Metalitia View Post
    See now from what Ive seen over the last year Rhodes has shown far more talent and potential to carry a story off in the ring than DiBiase has.

DiBiase seems solid BUT without really shining and seems to have gone backwards (however he is being booked pretty poorly).

Rhodes to feud with Kingston over the IC title for now and I would suggest it may be between he and Mcintyre to win Smackdowns MITB match assuming there is one at Mania which is won by Del Rio.
    DiBiase is rubbish but I do agree they're booking him poorly. Dashing should feud with Kofi for the IC title and maybe at next year's MiTB PPV Dashing can win the briefcase if they build him up enough with a single title run by then. They just need to keep doing what they did with the IC title and Ziggler and they'll keep making stars. Some people just will never get into the main event like Kofi, but Dashing has a chance because he has both ring and mic skills.

(< . . o . . PowerPill! Smartmark's Avatar

I have a problem seeing Cody as a main eventer to be honest, but weirder things have happened in WWE (read The Miz)
    But he could be built as a strong mid-carder. As I see it, it's nothing wrong with being a strong mid-carder, as every company needs good mid-carders.
    One of the problems I have with Cody is that every time I see him, I think about Legacy. It's hard to build a solid gimmick after being part of a tag team or stable for so long. Just look at Dudley Boyz. Cody will never be anywhere near his father when it comes to fame in the ring, but he's got no problem in building a career of his own. I just don't see him as a future main eventer.

On the bench!

I dont know I can see where your coming from but ZI still just dont think cody rhodes is any good at all im yet to see him have a decent match unless it was tagging with dibiase if you have any matches that you can reference for me to watch maybe I missed one but yeah in my opinion dude hes awful on the mic hes ok hes good as a heel but int he ring he doesnt cut it in my books

Main Eventer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9x9Tp96_F44
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EA7dN...eature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtagY...eature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyvQF...eature=related - Orton vs. Dashing, short but still better than any plain singles match The Miz has had with Orton.

All of those matches were better than any normal singles match The Miz has had, when The Miz has a normal singles match, the crowd is DEAD and the action is extremely slow. Unless the title is on the line or there's a stipulation/interference, The Miz's matches are not that good.

On the bench!

watched two of them still sticking my guns lol we will have to agree to disagree on this one lol dont get me wrong rhodes is ok id like to see him with IC title round his waste but not the world heavyweight.

Main Eventer

Quote Originally Posted by danniboi View Post
    watched two of them still sticking my guns lol we will have to agree to disagree on this one lol dont get me wrong rhodes is ok id like to see him with IC title round his waste but not the world heavyweight.
    Well I'm saying he'll be main event in the future. Ziggler seemed like mid-card only but he got a good run with the IC Title and he looks like main event material. I think Dashing needs maybe a short run with the IC title, then feud a bit more with the same guy then win it back after losing it to him then have a nice long run with it.

Travicity

Cody Rhodes is the Greatest Wrestler ever

:spam:

I think he could possibly make it to the main event I mean his gimmick is pretty good maybe a small small change here and there and he'll be ready and perfect

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast