Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Main Eventer

Exclamation "Dashing" Cody Rhodes: Future Main Event

So lots of people here actually say that The Dashing One doesn't have a main event gimmick and basically will not be a main eventer because of the gimmick. I think they're all wrong. As seen with The Miz, he proved me wrong by showing me that you don't need in-ring skills or a good look to be a main eventer but you have to get over any way possible and The Miz used his almost above average mic skills to get there. Cody, on the other hand, has great mic skills, in-ring skills and an amazing/unique gimmick. So what's the problem with Cody getting to the main event? People "claim" it's the gimmick, but it's getting him over a lot. When his awesome theme "Smoke & Mirrors" hits, the crowd boos quite loudly and when he talks he gets even more heat (look at the promo he cut when SD! was in England). So even if people want to say that the gimmick isn't a "main event gimmick" he's still getting over which is apparently all that matters to reach the main event. Not to mention that Cody is one of the reasons that I have to watch SmackDown! on a weekly basis.

DISCUSS.

He seems to be getting a pretty solid push, but nothing can be assumed because Wwe changes their minds about pushes on a daily basis (Swagger is hunting the Intercontinental title and McIntyre is teaming with Chavo ffs)

The Eating Machine! Kenpachi Zaraki's Avatar

The gimmick is losing steam already. They already did away with the grooming tips what next? Also he's not a great talker in England all he did was crack dental jokes that's like a 100 year old stereotype.

Finally the only man who could make (and did indeed make) this gimmick work is not alive anymore..... Rick Rude

If Kenpachi used his Bankai, Armageddon, Ragnarok, and every other form of the apocalypse would march from the depths of hell with their demonic legions of death.... then take one look at him and turn tail and run.

Main Eventer

Quote Originally Posted by Ichigo Kurosaki View Post
    The gimmick is losing steam already. They already did away with the grooming tips what next? Also he's not a great talker in England all he did was crack dental jokes that's like a 100 year old stereotype.

Finally the only man who could make (and did indeed make) this gimmick work is not alive anymore..... Rick Rude
    I don't see where the gimmick is losing steam. They didn't do away with the grooming tips, they just haven't had enough time to do them is all (although they wasted time with Hornswoggle vs. Eagle).

Anyway, they just need to let him get some more time on the mic and more clean wins. Then he can get a nice long IC title run then go for the world title.

the IC title run followed by the World Title thing ceased to exist ages ago. Nowadays it's either you win the MITB or forget it and well there's a lotta guys ahead of him.

If Kenpachi used his Bankai, Armageddon, Ragnarok, and every other form of the apocalypse would march from the depths of hell with their demonic legions of death.... then take one look at him and turn tail and run.

Main Eventer

Quote Originally Posted by Ichigo Kurosaki View Post
    the IC title run followed by the World Title thing ceased to exist ages ago. Nowadays it's either you win the MITB or forget it and well there's a lotta guys ahead of him.
    I have no idea who else is ahead of him. There are no other young guys I see WWE trying to put into the main event, it's like the last one they had in mind was The Miz which means that he has a chance to be a main eventer.

Mid-card title then world title ceased to exist? What about The Miz with the US Title then WWE Title? If you're referring to a young guy winning a mid-card title then winning a world title through non-MiTB matches then maybe you're right.

yeah that's what I meant but still I see Morrison, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler all ahead of him and let's not forget Kingston would have been a main eventer by now had Orton not been a **** (c-word auto censor )

Main Eventer

Well getting a clean win over Mark Henry should indicate he's still being pushed. I know it's Mark Henry but he's a giant and a small guy like Cody beating him makes him get a lot of credibility.

The gimmick isn't the problem I don't think at all. If anything it was previously when he didn't have a gimmick that was holding him back.

I don't like the direction they've taken, having him rush off for his mirror jacket when he gets truck in the face everytime but the gimmick overall is working as a heat generating persona.

I'd like and half expect them to give him an Intercontinental title run as a kinda of feeler to see how he fits into having a title.
    __________________________________________________ ____

Main Eventer

The fact that he was shown on RAW, SmackDown! and at TLC makes me think they want to give him a serious push. I can't wait until he gets a singles title reign.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast