Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    The Mac

Default Couture To Fight Again?

Thanks to FightLine.com for the following:

Though he has been indicating for some time now that he is likely done competing in MMA but is refraining from making any official announcements, UFC Hall of Famer Randy "The Natural" Couture caused a ruckus earlier this week when he posted on his Twitter account that his MMA career was winding down.

"Thanks to everybody who's been tweeting about seeing my fights. I must have missed the memo," he wrote. "I think I'm at the end of it y'all. It's time."

Couture has said for months that he would only consider taking another fight if it were an intriguing bout and he has consistently mentioned both Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida and UFC light heavyweight champion Mauricio "Shogun" Rua as names that, if offered, would have him lacing his gloves back up.

"I think I'm done. The time is right," Couture recently told the LA Times. "I'd fight Machida or Shogun but outside of that, I wanna focus on other things in my life."

For fans of "The Natural," it may not yet be time to despair, as Rua recently took to his own Twitter account to re-express his interest in facing Couture.

"Randy Couture has more to give to MMA and shouldn't retire yet! I would be honoured to fight him, he is a legend of the sport!" posted "Shogun."

Of course, "Shogun" has an upcoming title defense already scheduled against Rashad Evans and Couture himself has admitted that he doesn't have the best claim to a 205-pound title shot, as his last three victories include novelty bouts against Mark Coleman and James Toney and a controversial decision over Brandon Vera. However, Couture's status as a beloved icon and his past accomplishments are enough not to preclude him from getting a title shot, or at least facing Rua or Machida in a retirement bout.

(< . . o . . PowerPill! Smartmark's Avatar

Randy's always been one of my biggest favorites in MMA. I hope he go a couple of big fights in 2011, then retire as a true Legend

Travicity

Yea could be a good idea and then he retires.

^^ Couture draws, so they should book him in a couple of great fights. Superfight maybe?

Any other Legends he never faced by the way?

The Mac

Quote Originally Posted by Smartmark View Post
    Randy's always been one of my biggest favorites in MMA. I hope he go a couple of big fights in 2011, then retire as a true Legend
    he is already a MMA Legend dude

Yeah, I don't know about a couple of fights, but I definitely wanna see him in one more big one. Like I've said before, I don't think his last match should go down in history as being as James Toney, lol.

The Mac

ya that would be sad... but who would u suggest he fight?

id say anther with chuck, or maybe a rematch with tito, open weight fight with royce gracie lol

Travicity

Of course he's a legend lol a true legend wtf But a nice win to end his career would be good.

^^ Give me a break Travis, I'm a bit buzzed

Anyway, sorry if it's a stupid question but how many times have Couture and Cro Cop met?

The Mac

they havent

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast