Thanks to FightLine.com for the following:

Though he has been indicating for some time now that he is likely done competing in MMA but is refraining from making any official announcements, UFC Hall of Famer Randy "The Natural" Couture caused a ruckus earlier this week when he posted on his Twitter account that his MMA career was winding down.

"Thanks to everybody who's been tweeting about seeing my fights. I must have missed the memo," he wrote. "I think I'm at the end of it y'all. It's time."

Couture has said for months that he would only consider taking another fight if it were an intriguing bout and he has consistently mentioned both Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida and UFC light heavyweight champion Mauricio "Shogun" Rua as names that, if offered, would have him lacing his gloves back up.

"I think I'm done. The time is right," Couture recently told the LA Times. "I'd fight Machida or Shogun but outside of that, I wanna focus on other things in my life."

For fans of "The Natural," it may not yet be time to despair, as Rua recently took to his own Twitter account to re-express his interest in facing Couture.

"Randy Couture has more to give to MMA and shouldn't retire yet! I would be honoured to fight him, he is a legend of the sport!" posted "Shogun."

Of course, "Shogun" has an upcoming title defense already scheduled against Rashad Evans and Couture himself has admitted that he doesn't have the best claim to a 205-pound title shot, as his last three victories include novelty bouts against Mark Coleman and James Toney and a controversial decision over Brandon Vera. However, Couture's status as a beloved icon and his past accomplishments are enough not to preclude him from getting a title shot, or at least facing Rua or Machida in a retirement bout.