Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    On the bench!

Quote Originally Posted by Ichigo Kurosaki View Post
    eh this is not about MMA sucking Christopher its about Wrestling > MMA

And I'll tell ya why MMA isn't a sport

1. No sport has weekly TV shows
    2. NO SPORT HAS COMPANY SPECIFIC CONTRACTS
    2. Real Sports don't have heels and faces and before you go on rambling there's no heels or faces that Koscheck guy himself said he plays a heel so yeah

3 major reasons why its sports entertainment and not sports. And to say that boxing is a part of MMA so MMA is a sport that's just stupid
    Your couldnt be more incorrect lol its a sport because its a real form of fighting. They call WWE sports entertainment thats a term WWE invented because its fake with alot of acting. DO you follow boxing? Floyd mayweather hes a heel anthony mundine is a big heel its all about marketing UFC is a sport its a real contest it is martial arts also is a SPORT!!!!!!!!!!

The Mac

gunner doesnt think anything but soccer and cricket are real sports lol

eh this is not about MMA sucking Christopher its about Wrestling > MMA

And I'll tell ya why MMA isn't a sport

1. No sport has weekly TV shows
    2. NO SPORT HAS COMPANY SPECIFIC CONTRACTS
    2. Real Sports don't have heels and faces and before you go on rambling there's no heels or faces that Koscheck guy himself said he plays a heel so yeah

3 major reasons why its sports entertainment and not sports. And to say that boxing is a part of MMA so MMA is a sport that's just stupid
    1. Monday night football is weekly, Sunday night baseball is weekly, and Friday night basketball is weekly
    2. You cant sign a contract for Man U and then go sign a contract for Chelsea
    3. LeBron James is the heel of the NBA, The yankees are the heels of the MLB, Bret Favre is the heel of the NFL.

3 reasons on why you are wrong

gfx credit: Role Model

"The best in the world" Andre Jones
    Triple Crown Winner
    2x LOW Heavyweight Champion
    2x Mr. Money in the Bank
    2013 Superstar of the Year
    1X Universal Champion
    1X LOW Tag Team Champion
    42-18-2 1-NC

Ashley Lane
    1X Women's Champion
    6-4-1

The Eating Machine! Kenpachi Zaraki's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Mac View Post
    weekly shows?

what weekly shows they have ppv's just like boxing...so try again gunner... u saying boxing is a sport and mma isnt is hypocritical and just shows how little you know about mma
    so what's the little shit they do on Spike TV every week

make some legit points or go away Mac

If Kenpachi used his Bankai, Armageddon, Ragnarok, and every other form of the apocalypse would march from the depths of hell with their demonic legions of death.... then take one look at him and turn tail and run.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
    1. Monday night football is weekly, Sunday night baseball is weekly, and Friday night basketball is weekly
    2. You cant sign a contract for Man U and then go sign a contract for Chelsea
    3. LeBron James is the heel of the NBA, The yankees are the heels of the MLB, Bret Favre is the heel of the NFL.

3 reasons on why you are wrong
    1.They are weekly sure but they don't run around the year.
    2. Man United and Chelsea are teams not some groups
    3. How?

Again ur making stupid points

If Kenpachi used his Bankai, Armageddon, Ragnarok, and every other form of the apocalypse would march from the depths of hell with their demonic legions of death.... then take one look at him and turn tail and run.

The Mac

3. How?

there r only 5 days all year with no sports
    they r still exclusive contracts
    everyone hates them

the only one making stupid points is u gunner

3. How?

you are obviously not trying to see my points thats why you call them stupid.

1. The ultimate fighter has seasons just like the other sports
    2. The point is that they ARE exclusive because you cant change your contract
    3. Like Mac says, everyone hates them which makes them heels

you havent brought one intelligent thought to the conversation dude.

Triple Crown Winner
    2x Mr. Money in the Bank
    1X Universal Champion
    1X LOW Tag Team Champion
    42-18-2 1-NC

Ashley Lane
    1X Women's Champion
    6-4-1

you are obviously not trying to see my points thats why you call them stupid.

1. The ultimate fighter has seasons just like the other sports
    2. The point is that they ARE exclusive because you cant change your contract
    3. Like Mac says, everyone hates them which makes them heels

you havent brought one intelligent thought to the conversation dude.
    Okay so last I checked Ultimate Fighter was a damn reality show.
    Next, exclusive contracts WITH promotions are a sports entertainment thing. In boxing, you might have 4 groups but anyone can fight anybody. In football, being contracted to a team is completely different. What you have in MMA is that ur contracted to a company so you cant compete for any other that's like saying you have tournament specific contracts.
    People hating a person doesn't make em a heel. People deliberately doing gimmicky stuff does which is what you have in MMA.

Again u people are being ignorant

1. Ill give you the Ultimate fighter. Even though I literally just watched a reality show about college Basketball
    2.Thats a decent point, but your overlooking one little thing. That a contract for a team is a contract for the entire league. you cant sign a contract to the New york Yankess, and then go sign another contract for some Mexican league just because you want to.
    3.So i guess to you boxing wasnt a sport with Ali, Frasier, and Foremen. Where Ali would go out of his way to taunt people and pander to the media. but since no one does that anymore (according to you... last i checked Floyd Mayweather Jr. does it all the time, and actually went to WWE to help promote himself)

I dont get how you can call us ignorant. You are by far the most ignorant person on this site. You never give anything a chance just because you dont like it initially you deem it "gay", and "it sucks." Explain to me how I am being ignorant. Please tell me how defending my opinion with facts makes me ignorant.
    Last edited by Punisher; 01-08-2011 at 06:47 PM.

Triple Crown Winner
    2x Mr. Money in the Bank
    1X Universal Champion
    1X LOW Tag Team Champion
    42-18-2 1-NC

Ashley Lane
    1X Women's Champion
    6-4-1

1. Ill give you the Ultimate fighter. Even though I literally just watched a reality show about college Basketball
    2.Thats a decent point, but your overlooking one little thing. That a contract for a team is a contract for the entire league. you cant sign a contract to the New york Yankess, and then go sign another contract for some Mexican league just because you want to.
    3.So i guess to you boxing wasnt a sport with Ali, Frasier, and Foremen. Where Ali would go out of his way to taunt people and pander to the media. but since no one does that anymore (according to you... last i checked Floyd Mayweather Jr. does it all the time, and actually went to WWE to help promote himself)

I dont get how you can call us ignorant. You are by far the most ignorant person on this site. You never give anything a chance just because you dont like it initially you deem it "gay", and "it sucks." Explain to me how I am being ignorant. Please tell me how defending my opinion with facts makes me ignorant.
    Ali and Floyd are trash talkers yes and you could argue the thing about boxing okay but inmost other sports you don't have that. Only in America in fact do you have that

Mayweather going to WWE was not his idea alone he was getting a lot of money any sane person would have done it like Lesnar which makes MMA marks hate him for reasons known only to them.

As for the contract thing, team sports are entirely different to individual sports. Then again, with UFC and Strikerforce etc contracts you can only work against a select bunch of people whereas in football you have the same teams playing a whole lot of different teams in different tournaments so there is a difference

Finally the ignorant thing was more towards Mac who's not even reading the entire thing and posting random replies

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast