Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ichigo Kurosaki View Post
    the hell he did. WWF had Taker, Bret Hart, Luger, Davey Boy, Hall and many other stars who were over much more than Nash ever was. If you think Nash is a better worker than Sting then ur on some major league stuff. Truth is that Nash alone could never get over or draw after he got over, if he could he wouldn't bitch and moan so much. He didn't draw a quarter of what he did with Hall and HBK and his politics had a major role in getting him where it did and even in killing WCW because "Oh hi I'm Nash and I'm gonna beat Goldberg, the hell did that draw."
    Sorry, but I ain't gonna give you Luger and Davey Boy. Neither of those guys ever drew a dime unless they were piggybacking on someone else. Also, you're missing the whole point of the argument I'm putting out there. I'm not on here saying Diesel was a huge draw like a Hogan or Flair. I'm saying he was a bigger draw than Sting. I've offered facts that support the claim, Jim Cornette and Ric Flair bioth have talked about how Sting was a terrible draw whenever WCW put the belt on him.

Finally, it's ridiculous to say Nash's politics had anything to do WCW falling. Saying that gives me every bit of proof I need that not only do you know nothing about that situation, but your judgement is clouded by your dislike of Nash.
    Last edited by mikedudelang; 01-01-2011 at 07:03 PM.

The Eating Machine! Kenpachi Zaraki's Avatar

ha I quite like Nash but I don't want this Matt Hardy-ish shit he's putting out there. Beating Goldberg should have been a big deal but it was turned into a joke. People never bought as a serious level contender whereas Sting ending it would have been bought more than the Nash thing

If Kenpachi used his Bankai, Armageddon, Ragnarok, and every other form of the apocalypse would march from the depths of hell with their demonic legions of death.... then take one look at him and turn tail and run.

Quote Originally Posted by ichigo kurosaki View Post
    ha i quite like nash but i don't want this matt hardy-ish shit he's putting out there. Beating goldberg should have been a big deal but it was turned into a joke. People never bought as a serious level contender whereas sting ending it would have been bought more than the nash thing
    people never bought sting as a serious level contender either. That's why he was a shit draw.

Quote Originally Posted by mikedudelang View Post
    people never bought sting as a serious level contender either. That's why he was a shit draw.
    The period that you refer to was when he was doing that bleach blonde surfer gimmick. When he ended the reign of Hogan he ws one of the biggest draws. The Crow gimmick and the nWo era got him over major. Him and Goldberg were probably the only non-nWo guys to have got a push

If Kenpachi used his Bankai, Armageddon, Ragnarok, and every other form of the apocalypse would march from the depths of hell with their demonic legions of death.... then take one look at him and turn tail and run.

Starring At Alexa's Ass A Blissful Ass's Avatar

The period that you refer to was when he was doing that bleach blonde surfer gimmick. When he ended the reign of Hogan he ws one of the biggest draws. The Crow gimmick and the nWo era got him over major. Him and Goldberg were probably the only non-nWo guys to have got a push
    Let me stop you there DDP also got a decent push i loved the 2 time 2 time gimmick

Sting was such a huge draw that he held the World Title for 110 days over the course of 8 years. That's how much WCW trusted him to carry to company. And don't bother saying it was because of Hogan or Nash or the NWO that he didn't get more of a push because during those 8 years Ric Flair, Kevin Sullivan, Eric Bischoff, Bill Watts, Kevin Nash, Vince Russo & Dusty Rhodes all booked, and all of 'em knew the same thing: Sting is a great guy to have in the mix, but he ain't the guy you want carrying the company.

Sting was such a huge draw that he held the World Title for 110 days over the course of 8 years. That's how much WCW trusted him to carry to company. And don't bother saying it was because of Hogan or Nash or the NWO that he didn't get more of a push because during those 8 years Ric Flair, Kevin Sullivan, Eric Bischoff, Bill Watts, Kevin Nash, Vince Russo & Dusty Rhodes all booked, and all of 'em knew the same thing: Sting is a great guy to have in the mix, but he ain't the guy you want carrying the company.

true but Nash isn't either

true but Nash isn't either
    Again, you're simply missing the point. I never said Nash was money like Flair or Hogan, but he was much more of a draw than Sting. Sorry, that's just the truth. When I was a kid, I loved Sting and thought he was great. But facts are facts. Sting, when given the ball and told to run with it, failed on such a colossal level, WCW continually had to rush to get the belt back off him. Nash held the WWF World Title for a year straight. Vince McMahon, who I think we all have to agree is the most successful man in wrestling history, trusted Nash enough to allow him to carry his company for a year straight. Despite having guys like Michaels, Hart, 'Taker & Razor, he kept the belt on Diesel. That's all the proof you need.

and my point is that Nash never drew as much as he did with Hall and HBK. The fact that his title reign was one of the lowest drawing is a well documented fact

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast