Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Travicity

Default Pope on Feud With Joe and TNA/WWE

SunSport in the UK recently spoke to TNA star The Pope. Here are some highlights, courtesy of The Sun:

Promoting his own character in TNA versus WWE:
    "It all comes down to the promoting of one's character. That doesn't just involve the person themselves, but it involves the company, as well, that the individual is wrestling for. That plays a big part in what works and what doesn't work.

You watch the company up north and they will take a character and shove it down your throat. They tell you 'this is what we want to work so you're going to cheer or you're going to boo'.

Who remembers Elijah Burke but a diehard fan? Pope has become far more known than Elijah Burke ever was in the three years he was with WWE. What does that say about self-promoting? What does that say about TNA's promoting?"

His current feud with Samoa Joe:
    "I want you to keep a close eye on this situation. I'm going to show how it's going to be THE feud to watch in all of wrestling. You got Pope - I mean, you got POPE - then you got Joe. You got the Samoan Submission Machine, the guy is a monster in the ring, with his aggression and everything.

Pope will handle all the juckin' and jivin', pimpin' and the ridin'. Pope will handle all the talking, the charismatic features and abilities that should be applied in the ring. Pope is going to handle all the showboating. Joe's going to handle the rest. I think it's going to be a great complement to each other, being that we're both so different. When we get in the ring, magic is going to happen."

ND

Main Eventer

I remember Elijah Burke, way better than this awful "Pope" gimmick.

Ring Crew

Maybe it was just me but I didn't really see any magic in their match last night.

That feud could be boring, for the way i watch the match there was like nothing that could be seen that this is going to be a good feud, but what do i know.. But it's TNA so

Travicity

Yea I prefered Elijah as well more him.

The Stingers Smartypants Vick Diesel's Avatar

I prefer Pope over Elijah Burke, he's been way more entertaining IMO

[IMG*]http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o17/W-OLF4/mh.png[/*IMG]
    [IMG*]http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o17/W-OLF4/Burning-Flower-psd38777.png[/*IMG]
    [IMG*]http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o17/W-OLF4/Untitled-1-1997.png[/*IMG]

I've always thought the WWE missed the boat with Elijah Burke. I thought he would've been perfect in that Intercontinental Title mix. That said, I'm glad he ended up in TNA because I dig "The Pope" and think he's become one of the better mic guys they're got. He's got tons of charisma...just wish they were doing something different with this current storyline involving Joe. Personally, until Joe drops about 30 pounds, I have little interest in seeing him try and keep up with Pope in the ring. That match at the PPV pointed out every last one of Joe's flaws...

The Eating Machine! Kenpachi Zaraki's Avatar

yeah Joe's over-rated. Pope should be moved into the TV title mix

If Kenpachi used his Bankai, Armageddon, Ragnarok, and every other form of the apocalypse would march from the depths of hell with their demonic legions of death.... then take one look at him and turn tail and run.

On the bench!

pope gimmick is great pope is a good wrestler he just needs to lose the bionic elbows there lame lol