Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

No problem at all with Anderson getting the strap. He had a strong year and was clearly going to win it sometime in 2011. Hardy clearly ahd to drop it incase he gets sent down.

Match by match?

Kazarian vs Lethal 3/5
    Decent as expected, Lethal on the offensive immediately, Kazarian comeback and he got the win.

Mickie James vs Madison Rayne 2/5
    Mickie did some nice flowing moves and had all the momentum. Madison didn't seem to do a single wrestling move. Very surprised she kept the title.

MCMG vs Beer Money 4/5
    Far from their best encounter with one another but as you'd expect a very solid match. Stuck with a solid beatdown occurring followed by a rousing comeback which seemed to be the theme of the PPV. Here at least the finish involved multiple momentum shifts.

Bully Ray vs Devon 3/5
    Slightly better than I was anticipating although just as formulaic. Devon dominating the start with a lot of out of the ring brawling followed by Ray getting back into it and then the finish. Some form of no DQ match at the next PPV one would assume. When they went into the crowd though they'd been out there for ages yet the ref's count was only at 5.

Abyss vs Doug Williams 2.5/5
    Largely forgettable encounter with Abyss dominating before Williams started to get back into it only for AJ to come out and nail him with the belt. Obviously the match had to happen on the fly effectively cuse of AJs injury but it was really something of nothing in the end.

RVD vs Matt Hardy 2.5/5
    The first match not to follow the pattern. Seemed quite a slow pace for two guys of their calibre. Matt looked overweight but the match, whilst being average was fine enough. A shit ending though. I hate this ruling of being under the ropes. Both WWE and TNA have been using it of late and I think it's really weak personally. Get a leg onto the ropes or grab it, ffs at least touch the bloody thing. Both these guys can and I'm sure will be in better matches.

Jarret vs Angle 1/5
    WTF was up with this shit? Stare each other out a bit, Angle shoots in a few times then just as it's getting going we'll stop for a rest period. Angle will then slap on various holds as though performing for a class before Jarrett comes back and gets the match thrown out but only after another rest period of course. Utter shite and simply a massive waste particularly given the slot on the card.

Anderson vs Morgan 3.5/5
    Pretty much as expected but it was entertaining enough and after a very dull show overall it was good to see the linear structure not so much in use here and two guys clearly giving their all.

Mr Anderson vs Jeff Hardy as an overall match was piss but it was more of an angle and in that sense was entertaining and certainly surprising.

After a very strong showing in 2010 and getting the crowd firmly on his side I have no problems with Anderson getting the belt and I hope it will give him the boost needed to carry on improving.

Overall though I had very high hopes for Genesis and had actually been genuinely looking forward to seeing it for well over a week, even badgering a few TNA knockers to watch it and see for themselves how good it can be. I really hope they dind't bother.

A handful of good matches, but a couple of really atrocious ones too.

All bar two followed the same linear structuring and for such a promising event following on from the excellent Final Resolution I and the others I watched it with all ended up bored and really disappointed with what should have been a benchmark for the year to come in TNA. Instead what we got for the most part was more resembling "and here's how NOT to do it"
    __________________________________________________ ____

On the bench!

yeah the hardy vs anderson match wasnt great but it did make the PPV it would have been a terrible PPV without it the only decent match prior was MCMG vs Beer money

Pretty much although there was nothing wrong with Kazarian vs Lethal particularly and Anderson vs Morgan was as good as it was ever going to be.

On the bench!

actually yeah kazarian vs lethal was good I just dont buy kaz's reverse tombstone lol doesnt look like there head even hits the ground lol but that was a good match yeah true morgan anderson was ok the other thing I didnt like about the PPV is there were millions of finnishing moves hit with kickouts lol they shouldnt have done so much of that in the morgan match if they were going to do it in the hardy. And you can understand why MCMG/Beer Money did it but add that in with the other 2 matches and thats alot lol stuff like that should be saved for bound for glory and at special times. Remember ANderson was ment to have a concussion WTF happened to that he didnt play it at all if Mike Tennay and tazz didnt constantly talk about it no one would know that was the whole storyline for the last month lol

I noticed that. Talk about making your stars look weak.

Also on a similar note when Anderson hit the Green Bay Plunge on Hardy at first Hardy got back to his feet then it was as if he suddenly realised "Oh no I will sell it a bit".

In the tag match ok, the two teams had been feuding often last year and it worked fine but there was a hell of a lot of it in other matches as you said.

Ive lost count now how many times in the last few months the Twist Of Hate has been kicked out of.

On the bench!

Quote Originally Posted by Metalitia View Post
    I noticed that. Talk about making your stars look weak.

Also on a similar note when Anderson hit the Green Bay Plunge on Hardy at first Hardy got back to his feet then it was as if he suddenly realised "Oh no I will sell it a bit".

In the tag match ok, the two teams had been feuding often last year and it worked fine but there was a hell of a lot of it in other matches as you said.

Ive lost count now how many times in the last few months the Twist Of Hate has been kicked out of.
    yeah I remember hardy getting up its like they were ment to bounce up at the same time lol. Yeah that reverse tombstone has never ever looked remotely real lol

I dunno I like Kazs finisher personally.

Travicity

The C4?

Burchill does that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12