Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Travicity

Default Change in WWE's Hiring Protocol?

In the last few weeks, We have heard of a number of older talents on the independent scene being told that World Wrestling Entertainment is now only seeking to hire talents under the age of 30, especially talents that would enter the promotion's developmental system.

While no one I've spoken to has noted it's been an official edict on record, I've heard of at least 3-4 different talents who have been told this in recent weeks when looking into potential work with the company.

If this is true, it could very well prove to be a mistake. A number of performers from the last big boom were well over 30 when they made their debut for the WWF. There are a number of talents who grow as they age and gain experience and if the company is putting an "age cap" on that growth, someone like Mick Foley wouldn't end up hired today - and Foley was a major reason names like Triple H and Randy Orton made it to the upper-tier of the company's roster.

PWI

I have to agree, why only look at the younger stars, as wrestlers get older they do grow in talent and should be considered IMO.

It would be very silly to have an age cut off of 30. It's cutting down their options severely too.

Also, ok not when they signed to FCW but when Sheamus, Tyson Kidd, Morrison and Daniel Bryan are some of WWEs most exciting performers currently and they're all 30 or older I believe.
    __________________________________________________ ____

Travicity

Lot of Indy stars under 30 .