Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
    (< . . o . . PowerPill! Smartmark's Avatar

Anyone else besides me who feel that Chris Candido should be inducted together with Tammy?

Considering all the time they gave to showing us shit we've already seen anyone else think it was a bit off not to put a highlights package on Bob Armstrong at least on Smackdown?

Also I personally view Sunny as a weak choice but I guess she's considered the first of the "modern style" Divas.
    __________________________________________________ ____

Quote Originally Posted by Smartmark View Post
    Anyone else besides me who feel that Chris Candido should be inducted together with Tammy?
    Well... as far as the WWE goes, Sunny was known a lot more on her own than with Candido, so it probably makes more sense to induct her on her own. However, I would love to see Candido inducted in the future, but I don't know if I see it happening any time soon.

Very, at least the other guys had storylines. Come on! Jeremy Piven is known for saying SummerFest! Drew took part in a gimmick entry in the Royal Rumble....and it wasn't interesting. Whatever...I don't care.

WWE's facebook just posted:

Welcome "The Madman from the Sudan" to the WWE Hall of Fame!! Former WCW & ECW alumnus Abdullah The Butcher will be inducted April 2 at Philips Arena as part of WWE WrestleMania XXVII weekend. The WWE Hall of Fame presented by WWE All Stars, the video game airs April 4 at 8/7 CT on USA Network!
    WWE 2011 Hall of Fame Inductee: Abdullah the Butcher
    www.wwe.com
    One of the most vicious competitors to ever enter the ring, the ferocious Abdullah the Butcher brutalized opponents across the globe and now joins the WWE Hall of Fame Class of 2011.
    __________________________________________________ ____

Abdullah's officially going in, that's awesome.

Travicity

World Wrestling Entertainment announced on their website that the incomparable Abdullah the Butcher will inducted into the company's Hall of Fame on Saturday 4/2 in Atlanta, Georgia.

Abdullah, who will be inducted by longtime rival Terry Funk, has actually never competed for WWE, making it a pretty unique induction. He's been a longstanding tradition in the Atlanta area, where he lives and operates his restaurant, Abdullah the Butcher's House of Ribs & Chinese Food.

PWI

Travicity

World Wrestling Entertainment announced this afternoon that Abdullah the Butcher will inducted into the organization's Hall of Fame on Saturday, April 2 in Atlanta, Georgia. It's interesting to note that WWE.com's bio on The Butcher notes that while he never brawled two-time WWE Champion Bruno Sammartino or went the distance with Bob Backlund at Madison Square Garden, all three wrestling icons will be together when he's inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame.

The text reads: "Still active today even though he’s in his 70s, The Butcher has battled every legend in nearly every promotion on the planet — except WWE. Despite his decades in the ring, Abdullah never brawled with Bruno Sammartino for the WWE Championship or went the distance with Bob Backlund in Madison Square Garden. These are dream matches that will never happen, but these icons will all be together when The Butcher takes his rightful place in the WWE Hall of Fame Class of 2011."

It appears to be a mistake on the website's part as Sammartino and Backlund aren't members of the WWE Hall of Fame, not to mention that it is far fetched that Sammartino would involve himself with WWE. Since his retirement from in-ring competition in 1987, he has been highly critical of the organization's lurid storylines, over-the-top theatrics, and drug and steroid abuse. The living legend has been particularly critical of Vince McMahon, saying that "Junior" has been detrimental to his father's creation. Sammartino has refused induction into the WWE Hall of Fame, as well as to provide commentary on retrospectives of his career.

Meanwhile, Backlund reportedly refused an invitation into the WWE Hall of Fame in 2004 because he didn't consider himself retired. He competed for TNA Wrestling in 2007 at the age of 58 and made an appearance at the 15th Anniversary of Raw on December 10 of that year, participating in the 15th Anniversary battle royal.

LOP

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213