Jim Ross commented on Shawn Michaels being named to the WWE Hall of Fame in his latest blog entry on www.JrsBarBQ.com, commenting:

"Raw was highlighted, IMO. by the announcement of Shawn Michaels being the first inductee into the WWE Hall of Fame for 2011. HBK is SO deserving and is arguably the greatest in ring performer of all time and let me tell you folks that statement covers a lot of ground.

Announcing HBK as being the centerpiece of this year's HOF Induction Ceremony the night before WM27 certainly give one even more viable reason to buy tickets for the event which go on sale Saturday.

While having dinner in OKC a few weeks ago with HBK we talked about three hours about a zillion things seemingly including family and business. During the conversation the subject of the WWE HOF came up and Shawn mentioned to me how much going in 'some day' would mean to him. Little did either of us know at that point in time that Shawn wouldn't have to wait long and nor should he."

Ross wrote in much greater detail about Michaels' in-ring career, which I highly suggest checking out at Ross' website. You can also check out Ross' comments on Raw as well.

PWI