Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Default Cardiff line up Man Utd's Smith

Manchester United have accepted an offer from Cardiff City to take England striker Alan Smith on loan, BBC Sport Wales has learned.
    But a deal depends on the 26-year-old agreeing terms with the Bluebirds.

Smith broke an ankle against Liverpool in February and has not played regularly since returning.

Cardiff, who top the Championship, need cover as first-choice striker Steve Thompson will be out for most of November with an Achilles injury.

The move is thought to have been instigated by Cardiff chairman Peter Ridsdale, formerly Smith's chairman at Leeds.

In his time at Leeds, Smith was sent off against Cardiff for elbowing Andy Legg in the Bluebirds' famous 2-1 FA Cup win at Ninian Park in January 2002.

Smith is in need of regular football, but since returning to fitness in August he has struggled to force his way into Ferguson's thinking.

He was substituted after 60 minutes in the shock Carling Cup defeat to Southend on Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by AFC1986 View Post
    Manchester United have accepted an offer from Cardiff City to take England striker Alan Smith on loan, BBC Sport Wales has learned.
    But a deal depends on the 26-year-old agreeing terms with the Bluebirds.

Smith broke an ankle against Liverpool in February and has not played regularly since returning.

Cardiff, who top the Championship, need cover as first-choice striker Steve Thompson will be out for most of November with an Achilles injury.

The move is thought to have been instigated by Cardiff chairman Peter Ridsdale, formerly Smith's chairman at Leeds.

In his time at Leeds, Smith was sent off against Cardiff for elbowing Andy Legg in the Bluebirds' famous 2-1 FA Cup win at Ninian Park in January 2002.

Smith is in need of regular football, but since returning to fitness in August he has struggled to force his way into Ferguson's thinking.

He was substituted after 60 minutes in the shock Carling Cup defeat to Southend on Tuesday.
    Think this is very wise move as Smith hasnt been as sharp as usual and needs regular play so hope he does well with them and returns with his form intact!

Current Rank
    Prestige Level 3

Level 48

On the bench!

Keeper Hedman seals Chelsea move

Chelsea have signed former Sweden goalkeeper Magnus Hedman until the end of the season.

Hedman won 55 caps for his country and has experience of British football after spells at Coventry and Celtic.

The 33-year-old has been working for Swedish television channel TV4 since retiring from the game in 2005.

He will act as cover to Carlo Cudicini and Henrique Hilario with Petr Cech set to be on the sidelines until late January after fracturing his skull.

Czech international Cech had two metal plates inserted into his head after sustaining the injury in October's Premiership win at Reading.

Previous third-choice Hilario has deputised for Cech and Cudicini, who was also knocked unconscious at Reading but returned for Chelsea's League Cup win over Aston Villa.

Credit - BBC Sport

Default Larsson Barca dream rekindled

credit: www.eurosport.co.uk

Barcelona are trying to set up a shock return for Helsingborgs striker Henrik Larsson.

The former Celtic marksman, recently inducted into the Scottish Hall of Fame, helped Barca win the UEFA Champions League last year.

However, he has returned to Sweden to play his club football and former Bhoys boss Martin O'Neill declared on Monday that the veteran attacker is very settled in his homeland.

"I don't want to enter into the speculation," commented Larsson. "To the best of my knowledge, nobody has spoken with Helsingborgs nor to my representative.

"It's all rumours but, if something more happens, it will be a question of talking.

"I have to wait and see."

Barca president Joan Laporta admits re-signing Larsson is an option after injuries have upset the Catalan club's attacking options.

"We have not closed the door on Larsson and this is something which should not be ruled out," he stated.

Helsingborgs say they will not stand in the way of the player if a loan bid from Camp Nou is forthcoming.

Default Valencia consider Reina swoop

credit: www.eurosport.co.uk

Valencia are closely monitoring Jose Reina's situation at Liverpool, according to reports in Spain.

The UEFA Champions League hopefuls are believed to be scouring the transfer market for a new keeper as Santiago Canizares is still to sign a new contract.

Reina has attracted criticism for his performances this season, particularly during the Merseyside derby defeat to Everton, but would not come cheaply even if Rafa Benitez did think about selling his fellow Spaniard.

After joining from Villarreal in 2005, 'Pepe' has made the number one jersey at Anfield his own, seeing off the challenge of Champions League final hero Jerzy Dudek.

Mestalla sports director Amedeo Carboni is said to be contemplating the merits of making a move for the 24-year-old.

Reina, meanwhile, has written off Liverpool's title chances after the defeat to Arsenal on Sunday.

"Fourth place is our target now," he stated.

"We have to fight for that.

"The championship is probably too far away for us because, mathematically, [Manchester] United and Chelsea are so superior.

"We have got to start showing more character."

Default Bordeaux weigh up Luque approach

credit: bbc sport

Bordeaux are weighing up a move for Newcastle striker Albert Luque.
    The Spaniard, 28, is unsettled and growing increasingly frustrated at his limited opportunities with the Magpies.

"We'd like a centre-forward immediately and Luque is a player who we know well and who we always follow," said Bordeaux president Jean-Louis Triaud.

Barcelona have also been linked with Luque, who has endured a sorry spell on Tyneside since joining in a £9.5m deal from Celta Vigo 15 months ago.

Bordeaux attempted to sign Luque on loan in the summer, but any move may fall down as the player is keen to return to Spain.

With Barca suffering a striker crisis which has seen Samuel Eto'o, Lionel Messi and Javier Saviola all sidelined with injury, Luque has been touted as a possible transfer target for the Catalans.

He was a youth-team player before being released as a 19-year-old and would relish a return.

Luque told Radio Marca: "If things continue as they are I'd look to leave. In the meantime I'm going to work hard.

"I'm not playing as much as I'd like, and for that reason I don't rule out returning to Spain.

"Barcelona are a great team and it would be a pleasure to return to Spain. I'm from Barcelona, and being a Catalan I am very fond of Barca.

"My priority is to return to Spain. I have had opportunities to leave England and go to Greece or France, but I if I am to leave England it will be to go to Spain."

Luque has made just 26 appearances for Newcastle - six this term - and recently gave manager Glenn Roeder an ultimatum to play him or let him leave in January.

He has scored twice in three Uefa Cup starts, but has had to make do with coming off the bench in his other three appearances - against Wigan, Aston Villa and Sheffield United.

"My situation is now desperate. I'm unhappy. I want to play in every game," he was recently quoted as saying in the Daily Mirror.

"The final decision is with the coach and if he is not interested the best solution is for me to go in the winter market."

"At the moment it is play, bench, play, bench - it isn't ideal.

"If I can get a run of five or six games, then I promise I will do well here.

"After that I want to do well and get back into the Spain squad.

"I want to be a success here, but I need to play games. I can play here and do a job for this club, but I need matches."

Default Man Utd capture Larsson on loan

credit: bbc sport

Manchester United will sign veteran striker Henrik Larsson on a three-month loan deal in January.
    The 35-year-old former Celtic striker will leave current club Helsingborg on 1 January and will return on 12 March in time for the Swedish season.

Larsson said: "United have been after me before, after the first or second season with Celtic.

"It feels good to come and play for such a big club. I may not start every match, but it feels like a fun thing."

United boss Sir Alex Ferguson is short of options up front, with Ole Gunnar Solskjaer injured and Alan Smith still seeking full fitness.

That leaves Wayne Rooney and Louis Saha as his only recognised strikers.

Ferguson said: "I have always admired Larsson. I made a move for him when he was at Celtic but then they managed to persuade him to stay.

"He is a great player. It is a terrific bit of business for us. We are bringing someone in who can change a game."

Larsson left Barcelona at the end of last season to join hometown club Helsingborg, helping them to a fourth-placed league finish and the Swedish Cup in his first season.

However, their normal season ended in November, leaving Larsson free to play for United.

"I know the players," said Larsson. "I have played against many of them, so it's not a new thing. I hope the situation will be easier, knowing the faces and names.

"I will go over there to play as much as possible - but I have no idea of how they want to use me.

"We will see how much playing time there will be. Am I a back-up? Yes, at the beginning.

"Then you will see what I can contribute and how things are going. We have not discussed a jersey number at all. We will see what it will be."

Larsson spent two years in Spain and played a decisive role in this year's Champions League final when he came on in the second half and set up both goals in the defeat of Arsenal.

The Swede joined Barca in 2004 following a hugely successful seven-year spell at Celtic, where he is widely hailed as one of the best players in the club's history.

He scored 242 goals in more than 300 appearances for the Scottish club.

Former Celtic boss Martin O'Neill was recently asked if he might be interested in signing Larsson for current club Aston Villa, but said he had not been in contact with the striker.

The pair will meet again on 13 January when United meet Villa at Old Trafford.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234