RAPPER P. Diddy likes to hang out with Russell Brand and watch the news.

The Coming Home star said he doesn’t understand why people view his friendship with the British comedy actor and rock musician Matt Helders — from the Northern English group Arctic Monkeys — as unusual, insisting they do very normal things together.

“When we’re together I’m not being Puff Daddy. He’s not Matt from Arctic Monkeys and Russell’s not being Russell Brand,” Diddy said.

“We are being who we were born. Doing regular things. We just sit on the sofa and watch the news.

“Seriously, we are real boring. It’s not as exciting as people think. There’s no hard partying or chasing girls or doing crazy things when we are together.”

Diddy, 41, starred alongside Russell in the film Get Him to The Greek as a crazy music executive — a role which won him critical acclaim — which he said is a great feeling.

“It’s been a big year for me with the movie and my Last Train To Paris album and getting great reviews for both,” he said. “With movies, people didn’t take me seriously until that role, and that’s why I gave it my all.”