Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    The Mac

flyers definetly stole this deal

The Mac

Default Leaf Make Yet Another Trade

The Toronto Maple Leafs acquired Aaron Voros from the Anaheim Ducks on Tuesday in exchange for a conditional 7th round draft pick.

Voros will report directly to the Leafs' American Hockey League affiliate, the Toronto Marlies.

In 12 games with the Syracuse Crunch of the AHL this season, Voros has no points and 43 minutes in penalties.

The Mac

Default Sens Make Yet Another Trade

The rebuild in Ottawa continues.

The Senators dealt centre Chris Kelly to the Boston Bruins on Tuesday in exchange for a second-round pick in this year's draft.

The Bruins get a two-way forward who can kill penalties and contribute offensively, while Ottawa continues to look to the future.

"I just traded one of the good guys and most-respected players on this hockey team," Senators general manager Bryan Murray said in announcing the deal after Ottawa's 4-3 shootout loss to the New York Islanders. "To have to make the moves we're making are difficult, but that's the way we have to go at this point in time."

The 30-year-old Kelly was in his sixth full season with Ottawa after being drafted in the third round (94th overall) in 1999.

"It's pretty tough to get traded, it's my first time, but these things happen, especially the way things have gone this year," Kelly said. "Obviously, Bryan had to make some moves."

He won't have too wait long to make his return to Scotiabank Place. Ottawa hosts the Bruins on Friday night.

"It'll be a weird feeling coming out on the other side of the rink. Ottawa's all I know, being drafted here and playing my whole career here," Kelly said.

"I would have loved to have been part of the organization for a long time to come, but that's not the case and I wish them a lot of luck going forward."

Ottawa, which traded fan favourite Mike Fisher to Nashville last week and sits last in the Eastern Conference with 45 points, now has two first- and two second-round picks at this summer's draft.

"Obviously, to see a guy like Mike traded, who's been here so long and really was an idol, then everyone could possibly be moved," Kelly said.

Murray says he's open to discussing trading the picks he's acquired in the trades, but dealing two big pieces of his team back-to-back was tough.

"They're two character people, two guys you respect as much as you can possibly respect a hockey player. Funny how it goes, that's what other teams want," Murray said. "If they're going to make a deal, it seems to start (with) those are the type of players."

Murray says Bruins general manager Peter Chiarelli, a former assistant GM in Ottawa, asked about Kelly a few days ago and the deal progressed from there.

"It was important to get this one done. We need help in a couple of areas and this is one of the areas," Chiarelli said after Boston's 4-3 loss to Toronto. "He's a smart player and a responsible player.

"He can play up the middle and he can play the wing, but he's a natural centre."

Kelly will go from a last-place team into the thick of the playoff race. Boston is currently tied for first in the Northeast Division with Montreal. Both teams have 69 points, though Boston has a game in hand.

"I spoke with Peter Chiarelli and he seemed excited and I told him I was excited. I get an opportunity to play in the post-season and an opportunity to go, hopefully, deep in the playoffs," Kelly said.

Kelly became a full-time player with the Senators in the 2005-06 season and recorded 75 goals and 101 assists in 462 regular-season games. In 36 career playoff games, the Toronto native has four goals and nine assists.

Kelly, who has 12 goals and 13 assists this season, is making US$2,125,000 both this season and next before entering unrestricted free agency.

Despite dealing Fisher and Kelly out of Ottawa in the last week, Murray says he's far from finished in trying to rebuild the former Eastern Conference powerhouse.

"If you're going to rebuild the organization, there has to be more than that to go," he said

Travicity

Default NHL Trade Deadline Coverage

NHL Trade Deadline Coverage in here.

The Mac

thanks for making the tread travis

The Mac

ya but metal this is a blowup they r wanting to trade everyone but the captian and some younger guys and rebuild

The Mac

The Montreal Canadiens have acquired defenseman Paul Mara from the Anaheim Ducks for a fifth-rounnd draft pick in the 2012 Entry Draft.

Mara, 31, has appeared in 33 contests for Anaheim this season, scoring 1 goal and 1 assist with 40 PIM.

He appeared in 42 games for Montreal in 2009-10, collecting 8 points with 48 PIM.

The Mac

Bryan Murray was active on the NHL trade front again Thursday.

The Ottawa Senators GM completed his third trade in less than a week, dealing left-winger Jarkko Ruutu to Anaheim for a 2011 sixth-round draft pick. And with his club languishing in last spot overall in the Eastern Conference standings, Murray said he's not finished tinkering with his lineup heading into the NHL trade deadline Feb. 28.

"I don't think so," he said during a conference call. "I've had a variety of calls on different people so I think at some point we know we have to keep a core of players here because some of the kids that are possibly going to play on the team next year aren't available to us now.

"There are other people I'm talking to about other people, so I suspect that there will be a couple more, at least."

Murray has started rebuilding well ahead of the trade deadline, sending forward Mike Fisher to Nashville and forward Chris Kelly to Boston in separate deals over the last week.

Ruutu, 35, had 10 points (two goals, eight assists) and 59 penalty minutes in 50 games this season with the Senators. He has 140 points (57-83) and 1,040 penalty minutes in 629 career NHL games with Ottawa, Vancouver and Pittsburgh.

"Jarkko is an effective, two-way player that we feel will help us down the stretch," Ducks general manager Bob Murray said in a statement. "He's the energetic, gritty type of addition we were looking for."

The prevailing sentiment is Ottawa will head into the summer with plenty of space under the NHL salary cap, which would allow Murray to dip into the free-agent waters to improve his hockey club. But the Senators GM said he can't predict just how active he'll be.

"Obviously we have some spots that are going to have to be filled," he said. "I think if we do the right thing and explain what we're doing here I think we can end up getting a couple good players to come to Ottawa.

"I think it's a very attractive city and with the core of the team we have here I think some players see it as an opportunity for them, but we won't know that until it comes. We will try our very best, of course."
    Last edited by The Mac; 02-18-2011 at 07:51 AM.

The Mac

The Ottawa Senators have traded goalie Brian Elliott to the Colorado Avalanche, acquiring netminder Craig Anderson in return.

In 33 games with the Avalanche this season, Anderson has 13 wins, 15 losses and three overtime losses. He has a 3.28 goals-against-average and 0.897 save percentage. The 29-year-old, who missed 10 games this season to a knee injury and three to a groin injury, is due to become an unrestricted free agent this summer.

The eight-year NHL veteran has played 213 regular-season games, earning 87 wins, 83 losses, 19 overtime losses and 14 in shootouts, along with a 2.85 career goals-against average and 0.911 save-percentage.

Elliott, 25, has 13 wins, 19 losses, eight overtime and three shootout losses in 43 games played this season. He is set to be a restricted free agent in the off-season.

In his fourth full season with the Senators, Elliott has played in 130 games, recording a 59-45-15 record, nine shutouts, a 2.81 goals-against average and 0.903 save percentage. The native of Newmarket, Ont., was Ottawa’s ninth-round pick (291st overall) in the 2003 NHL Entry Draft.

The Mac

Tomas Kaberle's time as a Toronto Maple Leaf has finally come to an end.

After 12 seasons in blue and white, the Maple Leafs have traded the veteran defenceman to the Boston Bruins in exchange for prospect centre Joe Colborne, the Bruins' first round pick in 2011 and a conditional draft pick.

The trade call still has to go through the league to confirm the deal.

Kaberle, 32, has been a mainstay on the Leafs' blue line for the past decade and is the second-highest scoring defenceman in team history behind Borje Salming - with 83 goals and 437 assists in 878 games. Kaberle led the Leafs in assists this season with 35.

While the Leafs haven't made the playoffs since the 2003-04 season, Kaberle has played in 77 career post-season games.

The Bruins will be on the hook for the remainder of Kaberle's $4.25 million contract. He will be an unrestricted free agent in the summer

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast