Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    The Mac

With defenceman Tomas Kaberle in the fold, the Boston Bruins made another big deal sending forward Blake Wheeler and defenceman Mark Stuart to the Atlanta Thrashers in exchange for centre Rich Peverley and defenceman Boris Valabik.

In his third season in the NHL, Wheeler has 11 goals and 15 assists with a plus-8 rating through 58 games. He recorded a goal and four assists in his last seven games for the B's.

Drafted by the Phoenix Coyotes in the first round (5th overall) of the 2004 NHL Entry Draft, the Robbinsdale, Minnesota, native signed a one-year deal with the Bruins last July and becomes a restricted free agent this summer.

More to follow.

Wow. They are some major deals.

Kaberle is finally no longer a Leaf... and all they got was their draft pick back, lol. Okay and Joe Colborne, who I really don't know much about and a conditional draft pick, but still. Not that they can't use the first round pick though.

Anderson for Elliott is pretty huge for the Senators. Ottawa has always had huge trouble with goaltending and if Anderson can stay healthy and play like he has, he may just be able to fill that gap and if Leclaire manages to stay healthy for more than a handful of games they have a pretty good goalie tandem there.

I really like Blake Wheeler on the Thrashers, I think he'll rit in really well there and Rich Peverly is a great addition to the Bruins and will help out and fill in well while Savard's out.

The Mac

Quote Originally Posted by Swinny View Post
    Wow. They are some major deals.

Kaberle is finally no longer a Leaf... and all they got was their draft pick back, lol. Okay and Joe Colborne, who I really don't know much about and a conditional draft pick, but still. Not that they can't use the first round pick though.

Anderson for Elliott is pretty huge for the Senators. Ottawa has always had huge trouble with goaltending and if Anderson can stay healthy and play like he has, he may just be able to fill that gap and if Leclaire manages to stay healthy for more than a handful of games they have a pretty good goalie tandem there.

I really like Blake Wheeler on the Thrashers, I think he'll rit in really well there and Rich Peverly is a great addition to the Bruins and will help out and fill in well while Savard's out.
    its bostons first round pick, not the one leafs traded...and colburne is a huge center with good hands and decent speed

sens r taking a risk, hopefully he reaches the heights he had in 09 where he was the suprise of the year

scary part of the bruins-atlanta trade is that the ther guy in the trade is another 6'7 defensmen

Oh, really? So we don't even get a good first rounder for it? Well... shit.

The Mac

ya but that guy is one of bostons top prospects in the system

The Mac

The Carolina Hurricanes have traded defenceman Ian White to the San Jose Sharks in exchange for their second-round pick in the 2012 NHL Entry Draft.

"We’ve been very confident in Brett Carson’s play with the Hurricanes this season, and that has given us the opportunity to make today’s trade," Hurricanes GM Jim Rutherford said in a release. "This move gives us some flexibility going forward, and we thank Ian for his service to the Hurricanes this season."

The Mac

The St. Louis Blues are trading their captain away.

Defenceman Eric Brewer has agreed to waive his no-trade clause, and is on his way to Tampa Bay, in exchange for prospect Brock Beukeboom and a 2011 third round draft pick.

Brewer, 31, has eight goals and six assists this season, while manning the blueline in St. Louis.

He was originally drafted by the New York Islanders fifth overall in the 1997 NHL Entry Draft, but also spent time with the Edmonton Oilers fromm 2000-2004.

Brewer leaves the Blues after six seasons in St. Louis.

More details to follow.

The Mac

Carolina Hurricanes acquired defenceman Derek Joslin from the Sharks in exchange for future considerations

The Lightning continue to beef up their team. Eric Brewer should be a great veteran presence on the blueline. I've heard good things about Brock Beukeboom though, so make be a good addition to a St. Louis team that could be great in the future.

The Stingers Smartypants Vick Diesel's Avatar

Some awesome trades and hope the players/teams will be happy w/the trades they have made/acquired! thanks for posting guys

[IMG*]http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o17/W-OLF4/mh.png[/*IMG]
    [IMG*]http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o17/W-OLF4/Burning-Flower-psd38777.png[/*IMG]
    [IMG*]http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o17/W-OLF4/Untitled-1-1997.png[/*IMG]

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast