Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Travicity

Default Jim Ross Blog: The Rock's WWE Plans After WM27, Lawler's WWE Title Shot

WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross has updated his blog, which you can read in its entirety at JRsBarBQ.com. Here are some highlights of what Jim Ross spoke about:

Jerry Lawler's WWE Title Shot on Sunday: "Jerry is genuinely excited about being in the main event of a WWE PPV which will be this Sunday in Oakland at the Elimination Chamber vs. the Miz for the WWE Title. Personally, I feel that Jerry needs to get away his recent heartaches and get back on the road that he is so comfortable with and, more importantly, get back in the ring which is like a second home for him. King is much more refined and skilled than is the younger, less experienced albeit talented Miz which may bode well for the #1 challenger for the WWE title come Sunday. I would not miss this PPV for the world because I believe that shocks and surprises from WWE will abound over the next few weeks leading into WM27 and no one can argue that Jerry Lawler upsetting Miz to win the WWE title wouldn't be a HUGE shocker."

The Rock's WWE Plans After WM27: "I have no idea what Rock's plans are as they relate to WWE after WM27. I haven't given it much thought but many fans are seemingly obsessed in knowing what the Rock's plans are for the future. I don't see Rock emotionally ever leaving the WWE Universe but I also don't see him appearing as a 'regular' on WWE programming in the future either which is why this Wrestlemania event is so intriguing and is such a must see pay per view. We are attending the event AND buying and taping the PPV."

WWE All Stars: "The new, THQ produced WWE All Star Video game is getting more and more play as the anticipation builds to it's release the Tuesday of WM27 week. There will be a tie in with JR's Family BBQ on this exciting new game so please watch for details. "

LOP

Quote Originally Posted by Travis View Post
    WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross has updated his blog, which you can read in its entirety at JRsBarBQ.com. Here are some highlights of what Jim Ross spoke about:

Jerry Lawler's WWE Title Shot on Sunday: "Jerry is genuinely excited about being in the main event of a WWE PPV which will be this Sunday in Oakland at the Elimination Chamber vs. the Miz for the WWE Title. Personally, I feel that Jerry needs to get away his recent heartaches and get back on the road that he is so comfortable with and, more importantly, get back in the ring which is like a second home for him. King is much more refined and skilled than is the younger, less experienced albeit talented Miz which may bode well for the #1 challenger for the WWE title come Sunday. I would not miss this PPV for the world because I believe that shocks and surprises from WWE will abound over the next few weeks leading into WM27 and no one can argue that Jerry Lawler upsetting Miz to win the WWE title wouldn't be a HUGE shocker."
    I agree, WWE kept The Rock surprise well hidden and it is possible alot more surprises are to come. I don't see why Lawler can not win the title and then maybe lose it again with Miz asking for his rematch the next night. It would be great if The Rock came and somehow screwed Miz over at this PPV and that helped Lawler win.

The Rock's WWE Plans After WM27: "I have no idea what Rock's plans are as they relate to WWE after WM27. I haven't given it much thought but many fans are seemingly obsessed in knowing what the Rock's plans are for the future. I don't see Rock emotionally ever leaving the WWE Universe but I also don't see him appearing as a 'regular' on WWE programming in the future either which is why this Wrestlemania event is so intriguing and is such a must see pay per view. We are attending the event AND buying and taping the PPV."
    I do believe we may see him at RAWs after Wrestlemania to promote his ;Five; movie with Vin Diesel. Maybe just the RAW after Wrestlemania, The Rock would know he would get millions more people watching RAW the night after Wrestlemania than people actually watching the PPV. I may be wrong but even if he does not show up atleast once, I would expect his facebook url to be shown some time during the night and atleast left on wwe.com.

WWE All Stars: "The new, THQ produced WWE All Star Video game is getting more and more play as the anticipation builds to it's release the Tuesday of WM27 week. There will be a tie in with JR's Family BBQ on this exciting new game so please watch for details. "

LOP
    I am actually looking forward to this, it looks good.

The Mac

i was thinking that lawler will win at EC...wwe's way to cheer him up after his moms death, and then have cole cost him the title in a rematch on raw setting up their match at WM

Quote Originally Posted by The Mac View Post
    i was thinking that lawler will win at EC...wwe's way to cheer him up after his moms death, and then have cole cost him the title in a rematch on raw setting up their match at WM
    Yeah, I thought that to also when I thought the Rock, I guess it makes more sense for Cole to do it as it would lead up to their match at Wrestlemania. lol It will be nice to have Cole back to being a bit more quieter after Wrestlemania. I hope lol although he has done a good job being the heel, he is just annoying doing it during a match.

The Mac

i want it to go back to the old days where jr cheered the good guys and the king did all the heel announcing, it just seems weird seeing im cheering all the faces