Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

The Mac

Default Upcoming Main Event Changed Due To Injury

The UFC's first-ever trip to Washington has undergone a major overhaul.

UFC president Dana White today announced that Tito Ortiz has been forced out of the UFC Fight Night 24 main event after receiving stitches, and Phil Davis has been tapped as a replacement opponent for Antonio Rogerio Nogueira.

MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) has learned from sources close to the promotion that an accidental training-session headbutt forced Ortiz to receive 22 stitches. An MRI indicated no serious damage, but the wound was severe enough to force Ortiz to withdraw from the bout.

A timetable has not yet been determined for Ortiz's return – a bout White has referred to as a "must-win" matchup for the former light heavyweight champion.

UFC Fight Night 24 takes place March 26 at KeyArena in Seattle and airs live on Spike TV.

Davis (8-0 MMA, 4-0 UFC) had been expected to fight Matt Hamill at April's UFC 129 event, then Jason Brilz when Hamill was pulled in favor of a UFC 130 matchup with Quinton "Rampage" Jackson.

Davis, a former NCAA Division I national wrestling champion for Penn State, has made a smooth transition since his pro MMA debut in 2008. After signing with the UFC in early 2010, he extended his undefeated streak with decision wins over Brian Stann and Rodney Wallace and submission victories over Alexander Gustafsson and Tim Boetsch.

The recent win over Boetsch, which came via a modified hammerlock that Davis jokingly calls "the Mr. Wonderful" after his fighting nickname, earned him a "Submission of the Night" award.

Nogueira (19-4 MMA, 2-1 UFC), the twin brother of former UFC champ Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira, recent suffered a unanimous-decision loss to Ryan Bader in a key UFC 119 bout. Prior to the defeat, the PRIDE vet owned a seven-fight win streak, which included UFC wins over Luiz Cane (which earned a "KO of the Night" bonus) and Jason Brilz ("Fight of the Night").

I was looking forward to seeing Tito fight again... although there's a good chance he would have lost and been released, so maybe this is for the best, lol. I really do think he could have beaten Little Nog though, but this should be an interesting fight too. I think this will be a bigger win than Jason Brilz for Phil Davis though, if he can get it, even if Brilz actually RIGHTFULLY beat Little Nog in their fight.

The Mac

ya he easily won that fight idk what the hell those judges saw

Damn I was sooo looking forward to seeing Tito get his ass kicked again

gfx credit: Role Model

"The best in the world" Andre Jones
    Triple Crown Winner
    2x LOW Heavyweight Champion
    2x Mr. Money in the Bank
    2013 Superstar of the Year
    1X Universal Champion
    1X LOW Tag Team Champion
    42-18-2 1-NC

Ashley Lane
    1X Women's Champion
    6-4-1

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
    Damn I was sooo looking forward to seeing Tito get his ass kicked again
    Well... it's not like it was happening either way, so... :wink:

The Mac

idk tito woud have had some probems with little nog, but i think title could have won but it definelty wouldnt have been a easy fight

Quote Originally Posted by The Mac View Post
    idk tito woud have had some probems with little nog, but i think title could have won but it definelty wouldnt have been a easy fight
    Yeah, it would have been a close one and could have gone either way, really.