Ohio native Richard Hale (15-3-1 MMA, 0-0 BFC) is Bellator Fighting Championship's newest signee.

Bellator officials today announced the 25-year-old "Rare Breed" is the sixth official entrant for the promotion's upcoming light-heavyweight tournament.

"Richard is another guy we have had our eye on for a while, and his size and experience should enable him to make some noise this season," Bellator chairman and CEO Bjorn Rebney stated in today's official release.

The 6-foot-4 Hale has held Rage in the Cage titles in three different divisions – light heavyweight, heavyweight and super heavyweight – but feels the 205-pound division is the best fit.

"My strength and my stamina is better, and just everything all around," Hale stated. "With the weight cut and everything, it pushes me to be a better athlete."

Bellator's eight-man light heavyweight tournament kicks off in March on MTV2. The winner earns $100,000 in total pay and becomes Bellator's first-ever 205-pound champion.

Carpenter joins Daniel Gracie, Nik Fekete, Chris Davis, D.J. Linderman and Tim Carpenter as confirmed participants. Additional entrants and opening-round matchups will be announced in the coming weeks.

"I'm looking at this tournament as an opportunity to display my skills to the world," Hale stated. "I feel like this is my opportunity to make a statement, and I'm absolutely going to take advantage of it.

"I'm not coming to Bellator just to put on a fight; I'm coming to put on an entertaining fight. This is an entertainment sport, so my opponents have to be ready for anything."