While much of the attention for March's "Strikeforce: Feijao vs. Henderson" has rightfully been placed on the evening's main-event competitors, lightweights Billy Evangelista (11-0 MMA, 7-0 SF) and Jorge Masvidal (20-6 MMA, 2-0 SF) are ready to steal the spotlight.

And while both sluggers are expecting to have their hand raised at the end of the night, both have different expectations of what a victory should bring.

With an incredible seven consecutive wins under the Strikeforce banner, Evangelista believes his time for a title shot may finally come. Meanwhile, Masvidal is just looking to get paid, and he'll fight in two divisions to do it.

"I’ve been competing with [Strikeforce] for a while, and I just want a shot at the title one day," Evangelista said in a recent media call promoting the event. "That would be great if I could be considered a No. 1 contender."

Evangelista can certainly make a compelling argument. Undefeated in the first 11 bouts of his professional career, the speedy striker counts key wins over Jorge Gurgel, Nam Phan and Waachiim Spiritwolf, among others. However, he lacks a true signature win.

The veteran Masvidal could certainly provide that, though Evangelista admits he's not too familiar with exactly what his opponent brings to the table.

"I don't really know what type of fighter Jorge is," Evangelista said. "I know he’s very long and has a reach advantage. I'm just going to see how the fight goes along and see whichever way I need to take it."

Meanwhile, Masvidal fights for the first time since a September 2010 loss to Paul Daley under the Shark Fights banner. While Masvidal actually struggled to make the welterweight limit for that fight, he insists he feels comfortable now at 155 pounds.

And while many MMA observers believe Masvidal may have been wronged in the decision loss to Daley, "Gamebred" insists he's put the bout behind.

"I had trouble in my last fight just in my weight-cutting and other circumstances," Masvidal said. "But that fight didn’t give me any confidence or take any away. I feel the same as I always have."

Masvidal hasn't fought under the Strikeforce banner since 2008, and he knows his name value alone won't be enough to earn him instant contender status in either the lightweight or welterweight division. Instead, the 26-year-old brawler just wants to stay busy as he works up the ladder of both weightclasses.

"I plan on staying at 155 (pounds), but I'll fight at 170 as well," Masvidal said. "Wherever the money is at is where I'll go. As long as they pay me, I'll go there and fight the bigger guys. It doesn't matter to me."