Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I wonder if macho man will every get in

awesome seeing Trish in this year well deserved I also think they should add Lita in this years one too

Thumbs up BREAKING NEWS: Bruno Sammartino Announced For 2013 WWE Hall of Fame

Source: WWE.com

The official WWE website announced today that Bruno Sammartino will be the forth inductee into the 2013 WWE Hall of Fame during a ceremony which is to take place on April 6, the night before WrestleMania 29. Sammartino is the longest-reigning WWE Champion of all time regularly headlining Madison Square Garden the location of this year's Hall of Fame which will also see the inductions of former WWE Champions Mick Foley and Bob Backlund and former Women's Champion Trish Stratus.

Bruno made the following comments to WWE.com on why he felt 2013 was the right time to finally enter the WWE Hall of Fame after many years of turning it down: "Triple H contacted me and started telling me all the things that had changed and everything that was going on with WWE," Bruno said. "I started watching it after talking to him and when I saw it, I was very, very impressed."

Triple H added: "I love the history of this business," Triple H said. "Without the history, there is no tomorrow. To look back on the history of WWE, one of the most important figures in the long story of where this all came from wasn't recognized. And that was Bruno."

Thumbs up HHH Talks Bruno's Reluctance

WWE published an article featuring quotes from Bruno Sammartino and Triple H regarding Sammartino’s upcoming induction into the WWE Hall of Fame. Here is an excerpt from the article.

When asked Triple H's thoughts on Bruno’s previous reluctance to be inducted? Triple H replied, "Bruno has had his gripes about the company in the past and they were completely justified. But we’ve changed, we’ve grown and we’ve evolved as a company. We’ve evolved as a business. And I felt like if Bruno knew those things and was comfortable with those things, I felt like he would want to be involved. [Wrestling] is in your blood. It’s who you are. And it was important for me for a lot of reasons to have Bruno back with WWE."

nodq
    Last edited by Konan; 02-07-2013 at 09:01 AM.

Partial Source: Pwinsider

– There was discussion about inducting Madison Square Garden (the building) into the WWE Hall of Fame. At this time it doesn’t seem as if it will happen, but there were talks.

– Plans are to induct another celebrity into the “celebrity wing” of the Hall. While not confirmed, most feel that it will be Cindy Lauper.

wzr

I still can't believe that Trish Stratus is in the past. Gosh I miss the Attitude Era, but after watching the new Attitude Era, I remember why WWE went PG LOL

Thumbs up Details on Bruno Sammartino's WWE Future, Who Helped Triple H Change His Mind

Bruno Sammartino reportedly approached the WWE Hall of Fame offer from Triple H as purely a business decision, giving Triple H a price that he thought would be turned down. Bruno didn't think the deal would go through and eventually believed that Vince McMahon likely nixed the deal due to his asking price. The price is apparently in line with what WWE would pay one of their top stars for a WrestleMania pay off. Nobody going into the Hall had ever asked a deal anywhere near what Bruno asked. Sammartino ended up getting a significant deal.

Vince McMahon and Bruno still have not spoken as Triple H has handled the deal. Triple H is hoping to get Vince and Bruno together to talk in April. Regarding Triple H's talks with Bruno, he portrayed himself as a student and a fan of Sammartino's era. Triple H told Bruno from the start that WWE cleaned up their product and that when he got more power, he wanted to make WWE's product similar to the product that Sammartino headlined years ago.

One of the connections between Bruno and WWE is Pittsburgh neurosurgeon Dr. Joseph Maroon. Maroon had operated previously on Bruno and worked on WWE's medical team. Sammartino credits Maroon with keeping him out of a wheelchair after successful back surgery years ago. Sammartino viewed Maroon in high regard when he spoke of changes that had been made when it came to the health of WWE's performers and their strict drug testing.

Sammartino said during negotiations that if the deal didn't happen this year, he was not open to it any time in the future. The deal will see Sammartino be involved with WWE after his Hall of Fame induction. Sammartino was asked to be part of DVD's on his era. He will also do voice-overs for some of his matches and a straight Sammartino DVD release is likely. Sammartino will also appear on WWE's Legends Roundtable shows at times.

So HHH lied to Bruno. That's nice.

Thumbs up Foley Suggests Celebrity for WWE HOF

Mick Foley says Bob Barker should be inducted into the celebrity wing of the WWE Hall of Fame this year. Foley tweeted:

"I might be biased WOZ93 but I think this is shaping up to be one of the strongest Hall of Fame classes ever. I think we just need Bob Barker in the celebrity wing, and the 2013 class is set. I will have no problem at all being inducted 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or anywhere else I'm asked to at the 2013 Hall of Fame."

Thumbs up HBK, Trish and Others Comment on Bruno's Induction

WWE's website has a new article up with various stars commenting on Bruno Sammartino's Hall of Fame induction. Here are some highlights:

Tommy Dreamer: "It’s great that Bruno is being inducted into the Hall of Fame; it’s long overdue. To see him change his attitude about WWE is awesome. I credit Triple H with reintroducing Bruno to today’s WWE. I’m really glad he’s back as part of the WWE family."

Joey Styles: "As an Italian-American whose family is also from the Abruzzi region of Italy, Bruno Sammartino was and is an inspiration. The haunting story of his childhood in German-occupied Italy during World War II is even more amazing than his wrestling career. Back in high school, my paesans and I had a very bare bones gym above my friend’s garage that was adorned with posters of Arnold Schwarzenegger, Franco Columbu, Lou Ferrigno, Lee Haney and, the only non-bodybuilder who inspired us to load more weight on the bar, Bruno!"

Trish Stratus: "Bruno being inducted is long overdue. It’s like how the Hockey Hall of Fame would be incomplete without Wayne Gretzky; Bruno being inducted makes the WWE Hall of Fame complete. I'm absolutely honored that I'm going to be inducted in the same class as one of our industry’s greats."

JBL: "I don’t know what has happened in the past between him and sports-entertainment, but Bruno Sammartino belongs in the Hall of Fame. He sold out the Garden 187 nights. Most people go their entire career without 187 appearances in the Garden. Phenomenal record, what Bruno Sammartino did."

Shawn Michaels: "As a Hall of Famer, I feel that, respectfully, the Hall of Fame takes on a legitimacy [with Bruno] that, could be argued, was not there before. The entrance of Bruno Sammartino is an example of the exclusivity, prestige and honor that should be the hallmark of any Hall of Fame."

nodq

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast