Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Official WWE Hall of Fame 2013 News and Discussion Thread

Official Hall of Fame Class of 2013 News/Discussion Thread
    At the Madison Square Garden arena in New York, New York
    April 6th, 2013 the night before WrestleMania XXIX

Inductees - Inducted by

Mick Foley - Terry Funk
    Bob Backlund - Maria Menounos
    Trish Stratus - Stephanie McMahon
    Bruno Sammartino - Arnold Schwarzenegger
    Donald Trump - Vince McMahon
    Booker T - Stevie Ray

For videos, go here.

Last edited by LG; 03-27-2013 at 04:16 PM.

DON'T GIE'A FUCK the madscotsman's Avatar

Foley has to be in.

Main Eventer

Names Being Discussed For 2013 WWE Hall of Fame
    The following are the top names being discussed for next year's WWE Hall of Fame class:

The Rock
    Mick Foley
    Owen Hart
    Bruno Sammartino
    Ultimate Warrior

Both Sammartino and Warrior have turned down numerous WWE offers to be inducted in the HOF, however there remain hope within the company that a deal can be worked out at some point with both legends.

Randy Savage is said to be a long shot due to the fact that Savage stated prior to his death that he would only accept an induction offer if the entire Poffo family was inducted along with him.

Names being discussed for the celebrity wing of the HOF include Mr. T and Cyndi Lauper.

Source: WZ

Default Smith Hart Hall of Fame Thoughts

Smith Hart HOF Thoughts

Smith Hart of the legendary Hart Family posted on his Twitter (@SmithHart1) that he would like to see Mick Foley, The Honky Tonk Man, Mr. Bob Backlund, Carlos Colon, and Lawrence Taylor to be inducted into the 2013 WWE Hall of Fame.

WNS

Default Steve Austin on Who Should Be in the WWE Hall of Fame

Steve Austin On Who Should Be In WWE HOF
    Source: BayNews9.com

ALLISON WALKER: With the recent return of alumni Brock Lesnar and The Rock to WWE, how likely are we to see you compete in a WWE ring again?

STEVE AUSTIN: Ah, that's a good question. Who knows? I'm really happy doing the acting things that I do. I'm really happy doing 'Redneck Island.' I love this show. I love the element of reality television. I'm having a good time. No one's chasing me around with a steel chair. I'm not traveling all over the world. I've been there, and I did it at a high level. I'm not going to rule out a return, but I'm not saying a return is in the near future."

You were introduced to the WWE Hall of Fame a few years ago. Who isn't in it ho deserves to be?

Well, if you're going to go down that road, I think 'Macho Man' Randy Savage needs to be in there. I think the Rock 'n' Roll Express need to be in there. I think the Midnight Express need to be in there. I think a guy like 'Superstar' Bill Dundee, who a lot of people haven't heard of, needs to be in there. I could go on and on, but those are a couple of people who'd be on the top of my list.

WNS

Update on Sammartino/WWE
    Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

In another update on Bruno Sammartino possibly going into the WWE Hall of Fame, WWE COO Paul Levesque (Triple H) definitely wants it to happen, while WWE Chairman & CEO Mr. Vince McMahon reportedly goes back-and-forth about it.

WNS

Thumbs up More 2013 WWE Hall of Fame Rumors

There was a rumor recently going around WWE that Scott Hall and Jake Roberts were under consideration for induction into the WWE Hall of Fame this year, likely because of their recent training with Diamond Dallas Page. The report states that Page may have been the one to suggest the idea to WWE.

We noted before how Hall could be inducted with The Kliq, if they go in. It wasn't clear which group was getting more internal consideration - DX or The Kliq, but both were at least discussed.

An induction for Hall or Roberts is not confirmed and it's said that Roberts would be more likely than Hall to go in by himself. At the same time, Hall would have the support of guys like Shawn Michaels and others.

Thumbs up Kamala Not Being Inducted?

It is noted before that WWE reached out to Kamala for induction into the 2013 Hall of Fame. There's no word yet if Kamala accepted the invite or planning to accept but there was talk over the past few days that former WWWF Champion Ivan Koloff may be inducted in Kamala's place.

nodq

I'm glad Trish is in it not just to have Amy Dumas added into it too. It will be perfect if they induct each other

Thumbs up Divas Comment on WWE Inducting Trish Stratus

WWE's website has a new article up with current Divas reacting to Trish Stratus being announced for the 2013 Hall of Fame. Here are their comments:

Natalya: "Trish was a pioneer for the Divas. There were women that came before, but she broke all the barriers and all the stereotypes. Certainly, I’ve been extremely inspired by my family, but when I decided I wanted to be a lady wrestler, it wasn’t because of my family. It was because of Trish. … She is one of the reasons I’m doing what I’m doing today and I couldn’t be happier for her."

Kaitlyn: "It’s so cool to see. She made such a huge impact and she is so iconic. Everyone aspires to have just a little bit of what Trish had."

Aksana: "I’m really excited for her. I want to say congratulations to her. She’s my idol."

Lilian Garcia: "She totally deserves this. She worked incredibly hard and made such an impact."

AJ Lee: "To anyone in WWE, she’s an inspiration. She has helped us break a lot of glass ceilings. It’s really cool to have someone from our generation — that’s actually classified as a ‘Diva’ — to be in the Hall of Fame."

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast