Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Default WWE Wrestlemania 29 PPV News and Discussion Thread –

All Wrestlemania 29 News and Discussion Here!

Official Theme Song:
    DIDDY – DIRTY MONEY'S 'COMING HOME'

CONFIRMED MATCHES

NO HOLDS BARRED - IF LESNAR WINS, TRIPLE H MUST RETIRE

Last edited by LG; 03-27-2013 at 09:15 PM.

Main Eventer

If Rock vs Cena takes place and Brock Lensar will also compete, I wonder on which spot Undertaker's probably last WM match will be put?

A double main event with Rock vs Cena vs Brock Lesnar and Undertaker vs CM Punk could very well fit.

A packed card is great but it also has to culminate towards the end and with too many TOP dogs (Rock, Lesnar, Undertaker, Cena, Punk) plus Ziggler, Sheamus and Orton, one has to fear that WWE screws it up a little bit...

Depends who is hold the belts and which teams have been dismantled. TLC Tag Title Match could have been really something. But if Hell No breaks up, Rhodes Scholars breakup, what would it be Mysterio/SinCara vs Epico/Primo vs PTP vs Usos? Well maybe if they use Ambrose/Rollins or bring back NOA! I can't imagine Wade Barrett vs Bo Dallas making the card, but Cesaro maybe if they can find the right opponent. How about both US and IC belts defended in the same match, first fall goes for the US 2nd fall for the IC? Like they did back with Angle vs Jericho vs Benoit.

I just can't see enough spots on the WM card being open to warrant breaking up Hell No or Rhodes Scholars. Unless Bryan jumps to the World Title picture, or like I brought up awhile back just doing a 6-8 man World Title match to open the show. I get how Bryan vs Kane could work, and I know there is the possibility of Goldust vs Cody. But just seems like a lot of matches on the card already.

Quote Originally Posted by muzi View Post
    If Rock vs Cena takes place and Brock Lensar will also compete, I wonder on which spot Undertaker's probably last WM match will be put?

A double main event with Rock vs Cena vs Brock Lesnar and Undertaker vs CM Punk could very well fit.

A packed card is great but it also has to culminate towards the end and with too many TOP dogs (Rock, Lesnar, Undertaker, Cena, Punk) plus Ziggler, Sheamus and Orton, one has to fear that WWE screws it up a little bit...
    First I've seen a WWE Title Triple threat with Rock vs Cena vs Lesnar. I think most assume Lesnar is fighting HHH.

I'd find it unlikely that Undertaker vs Punk closes the show. They went with Taker vs HBK II over Cena vs Batista. But Cena vs the Rock for the title not closing the show? Unless the streak ends anyways!

**Updated Care*

Rock vs Cena for WWE Title.
    Swagger vs Del Rio for World Heavyweight Title.

Confirmed and Rumored Matches:

The Rock defending the WWE Championship against John Cena has been confirmed as the main event of Wrestlemania 29 on 4/7 in New Jersey at Metlife Stadium.

WWE officially announced the main event on Sunday night after The Rock def. CM Punk at the Elimination Chamber PPV in New Orleans.

Here is the updated card as of now:

CONFIRMED MATCHES:

WWE Title:
    The Rock vs. John Cena 2

World Title:
    Alberto Del Rio vs. Jack Swagger

RUMORED MATCHES:

The Undertaker vs. CM Punk

Triple H vs. Brock Lesnar 2

Daniel Bryan vs. Kane

Sin Cara vs. Rey Mysterio (That may be off the cards though. More soon.)

wzr

Mark Henry vs. Sheamus was recently discussed as a potential match for WrestleMania 29. We should know more on WWE’s plans for WrestleMania 29 following tonight’s RAW and tomorrow night’s SmackDown.
    Last edited by LG; 02-26-2013 at 03:26 AM.

Swagger vs Del Rio is going to be so lame.

I doubt Rock vs Punk for the title was the plan. They wouldn't waste 3 PPV's with The Rock on the same match especially consecutive ones with the 3rd being WrestleMania. It'd also be retarded since Punk dropped the title and there's like a 99% chance Rock will do the same April 7th. Lets just hope Rock vs Cena happens, it doesn't take too long, Cena gets the pin, and we don't deal with it again.

Jericho turned face in June, is quite possibly the most over guy WWE even has at the moment, was heel since 2008 prior, and still garners massive pops regardless of what he is. Why turn one of your biggest faces, who happens to be a part timer who puts people over, heel again? What good comes from that? Putting over Ryback? Then just turn Ryback. Thing is they can't do that either because between Big Show and Mark Henry we don't need another massive asshole of a heel. Jericho and Ryback shouldn't face off. Feed him Shield, feed him Big Show, feed him Bo Dallas for all I care. Just don't turn Jericho.

I remember originally supporting Lesnar vs Triple H II so Trips can redeem himself but who even cares at this point? The match sucked so bad that nobody even remembers. Of course a Team Heyman vs Team WWE match would be awesome but of course it won't happen. In the off chance that it does it needs to be 4v4 however. We wanna stray from Team Teddy vs Team Johnny as much as possible.

Neither Mysterio or Sin Cara can't get a decent 3 month run on TV without getting injured or suspended. They're both morons. They can build a feud but the chances of the match actually happening would still be low because y'know... they're both f*cking idiots.

Less than a month after winning the Royal Rumble Match and announcing his intention of challenging for the WWE Title at WrestleMania 29, John Cena found out who his championship opposition will be on The Grandest Stage of Them All: The Rock.

The Great One upended CM Punk at Elimination Chamber, the last pay-per-view before The Show of Shows, to retain the cherished WWE Championship and solidify his place in WrestleMania’s main event.

In The Brahma Bull, Cena will be facing a foe who helped set in motion the tailspin of a year that was 2012.

A 10-time former WWE Champion, the Cenation leader has not held the title since October 2011, and the disappointment of his drought was exacerbated last year by his high-profile loss to The Great One at WrestleMania XXVIII. The devastating loss bookended one of Cena’s toughest calendar years, to date. A series of distractions, from dealing with former General Manager John Laurinaitis to falling into an ill-fated romance with AJ Lee, kept Cena away from the WWE Title picture for much of the year. And even once he found himself in title contention, he was unable to pry the WWE Title from Punk, making 2012 a largely unproductive year for one of the most decorated competitors in WWE history. (WATCH: Cena's WrestleMania Moments)

Fortunately for the Cenation leader, 2013 appears to be off to a markedly better start, thanks to his huge win at Royal Rumble. The larger question facing Cena is whether he will be able to keep the momentum going all the way to April 7, when he faces the Superstar who dealt him one of the biggest losses of his career.

The Rock has shown no signs of ring rust since returning to WWE and winning the WWE Title in January. In fact, The Great One overcame great obstacles — including The Shield and The Second City Saint’s underhanded tactics — en route to dethroning Punk and subsequently turning back his challenge in a rematch.

With The Rock and Cena informed by their epic encounter last year in Miami, both competitors will assuredly come to MetLife Stadium with a more sharpened focus than ever before. Cena is out to avenge last year’s WrestleMania loss to The Great One. The Rock, on the other hand, appears intent on keeping the championship he waited more than a decade to reclaim — the title that represents the sport that not only propelled him to success on the silver screen, but also captured his heart and mind at a young age. (WATCH: The Rock's WrestleMania Moments)

Now, all that separates The Rock and John Cena is time. On April 7, under the brightest lights that sports-entertainment has to offer, who will leave will the top prize: The Rock or John Cena?

The champion that fights for the people will go head-to-head with a challenger hell-bent on fixing everything about them that is “broken.” For at WrestleMania 29 on April 7, the self-professed “Real American” Jack Swagger challenges World Heavyweight Champion Alberto Del Rio for glory, honor and the top title.

Jack Swagger earned his right to headline The Show of Shows in excruciating fashion, emerging victorious in a brutal World Heavyweight Championship No. 1 Contender’s Elimination Chamber Match at the pay-per-view of the same name, surviving a contest featuring five other former World Champions.

The ultra-aggressive competitor — who returned to SmackDown in early February after a long absence — has embarked on a relentless quest to “correct” all that is wrong with a “broken nation,” creating in its place the improved “Swagger’s America” for “We the people!”

Sided by outspoken compatriot Zeb Colter and armed with an extremely effective arsenal, the crown jewel being his Patriot Lock submission move, Swagger is certainly capable of breaking quite a bit to rebuild WWE with his own brand of patriotism.

But to reach the top of the mountain once again, the former World Heavyweight Champion will have to go through Alberto Del Rio. In recent months, the reigning titleholder has captured the hearts of the WWE Universe. After toppling Big Show to claim the World Heavyweight Title in the first of two explosive Last Man Standing Matches — his third World Championship overall — the Mexican champion has lifted the fans on his shoulders.

While Del Rio has earned the endearment of the people, however, that in no way means that he has become all flash and no substance. Instead, the skilled competitor is more dangerous than ever, armed with his dreaded Cross Armbreaker and skull-rattling kicks capable of putting anyone out at a moment’s notice. And with his personal ring announcer, Ricardo Rodriguez in tow, overcoming the World Heavyweight Champion on The Grandest Stage of Them All will be no easy task.

Find out who will emerge with the World Heavyweight Title around their waist in a battle of a charismatic champion of the people and a supposed “Real American.” Don’t miss your chance to witness the splendor as entertainment’s greatest event comes home. Order WrestleMania 29, Sunday, April 7 at 7:00 p.m./4:00 p.m. PT — only on pay-per-view

According to F4WOnline.com, the undercard for WrestleMania 29 continues to change on a regular basis, but two bouts that have been discussed recently for the event are Mark Henry vs Chris Jericho and Sheamus vs Wade Barrett for the Intercontinental Title.

I don't care about getting the matches signed now. That is not whats bothering me. To many wrestlers are out in limbo. Wrestlers not in feuds right now. Wrestlers in multiple feuds. There is no direction. All we have is possible maybe's. That is what bothering me.

Well start picking something. Is Sheamus going to face Barrett or is he going to face the Shield? They don't have to sign the match, but put one on the back burner and build up for the other one more.

Yes, Ziggler and Jericho has a past together, and recent past at that, but Ziggler is in limbo and Jericho is what, fighting the shield. We don't know.

I do not need to see every match booked right now, but i want to see some direction toward the matches. I do not want to see the week before mania ten thousand promo's by guys just now trying to sell their match for mania.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast