JUST like when he went to earn millions in AFL, Israel Folau will miss rugby league more than we'll miss him.

And when he realises that the 15-man code can be as frustrating as AFL, there's no way we should welcome him back to rugby league.

Why? Ask Eels coach Ricky Stuart and he'll shake his head and use phrases like "dishonourable and greedy" about Folau and his unaccredited manager Isaac Moses.

Ask Eels great Steve Edge, who played in the first State of Origin match and captained Parramatta to three premierships and the response is also in the negative.

"It's not desirable behaviour," Edge said. "When someone comes to you as Folau did and makes a decision you should stick to it.

"It would be disappointing from Parramatta's point of view but the club should just move on."

Maybe Parramatta should have known better.

When Folau quit the AFL he told media representatives he had not spoken to any clubs, despite already initiating discussions with Parramatta.

His manager lost his accreditation with the NRL for being involved in the Storm's salary cap rorts.

Folau hinted at a switch to rugby union when he walked out of AFL last month.

"It's an option. I played rugby union when I younger as well," he said. "I've got the passion to play (rugby) as well ... I'm leaving all options open."

I$rael and his manager asked rugby league to wait two years while he went off and made millions playing AFL.

They asked the Eels to welcome him back to the game he loved.

And they asked the Eels to break the salary cap to get him back to rugby league.

You know what I$rael, we don't want you back.

Go and play rugby union, stand on the wing where you will see the ball twice a match.

And you can all but rest assured we won't be seeing him playing in Waratahs colours next season.

Their salary cap is stretched and they'd have to rely on a top-up from the Australian Rugby Union, which now more than ever, is hard to imagine.

Perthnow