Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Starring At Alexa's Ass A Blissful Ass's Avatar

Default Mike 'The Hippie' Boyette Passes Away At 71

Wrestler Mike Boyer, aka Mike Boyette, passed away this past Thursday in Mobile, Alabama. He was 71 years old.

Boyette had broken his hip several months ago and never recovered. He was well known throughout the wrestling community, and his work was well respected. He formed the original Hollywood Blondes with Micky Doyle, and worked for Bill Watts in the UWF before that promotion merged with the NWA.

AL.com has an article remembering Boyette here.

Jim Ross also remembered the late wrestler in his latest blog, writing, "The former United States Marine and judo expert was a noted, territory wrestler back in the day and I got to know him while we both worked for Cowboy Bill Watts.

"The Viet Nam vet was also a skilled archer who had many dangerous and deadly assignments in the Viet Nam war. Stories had it he was a sniper and used the bow with deadly effectiveness. Mike Boyette was an American Hero."

Ross also recalled a funny story about Boyer and his fondness for cannabis,

WI

R.i.p.

The Superczar Glorious Maxxwell's Avatar

Michael Hayes got his start in the business by carrying Mike Boyette's bags....

That... and The California Hippie was so popular in the Alabama.Mississippi reigion... he would never get in trouble for smoking weed lol...

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx View Post
    Michael Hayes got his start in the business by carrying Mike Boyette's bags....
    I did not know that ..

R.I.P

The Superczar Glorious Maxxwell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LionDen View Post
    I did not know that ..

R.I.P
    Paul Bearer talked a bit about Boyette in one of his ROH shoots. He was one of the premier bumpers in the 60/70s

Quote Originally Posted by 'Lord' Michael Hayes - Part 1 ; By Percy Pringle III
    Although Robert was younger than all of us, we would all kiss his butt because his brother Ricky was already a wrestler. So, we were Ricky Gibson’s little brother’s buddies, which really made us special. It always seemed to be a contest to see which one of us would make it into the business first. Hayes used to hang out in the arena parking lot, and carry Mike Boyette’s bags in for him.

Then that fateful night came that I’ll never forget, Cousin Marcel and myself were at The Pensacola Bayfront Auditorium, standing at the door that lead to the outside. The door opened, and who walked in? Michael Hayes! This time without Hippie Boyette’s bags, he came from home already dressed in a zebra referee’s outfit. Damn it, he got the first call. Needless to say, we were fit to be tied.
    Last edited by Glorious Maxxwell; 01-15-2013 at 12:34 AM.