HECTOR LOMBARD VOLUNTEERS FOR INJURY REPLACEMENT DUTY AT UFC ON FX 7
BY STEVEN MARROCCO ON DEC 15, 2012 AT 3:05 AM ET

GOLD COAST, Australia – If Vitor Belfort is forced to withdraw from UFC on FX 7, Hector Lombard would like the UFC to call him – stat.

Lombard (32-3-1 MMA, 1-1 UFC) called out Belfort's next scheduled opponent, Michael Bisping, after knocking out Rousimar Palhares on the first main-card bout of UFC on FX 6.

"I will jump in," Lombard told MMAjunkie.com

Belfort (21-10 MMA, 10-6 UFC) and Bisping (23-4 MMA, 13-4 UFC) headline UFC on FX 7, which takes place at Ginasio Estadual Geraldo Jose de Almeida (Ginasio do Ibirapuera) in Sao Paulo.

If Belfort doesn't get hurt in preparation for the bout, Lombard said he'll wait to meet the winner.

It remains to be seen whether Bisping will oblige a meeting with the former champ. The Brit has been vocal in his desire to get a title shot and expected his most recent win, a decision over Brian Stann, to earn him one.

Lombard, who heckled Bisping in a recent interview, will lobby nonetheless for the fight. He got started on Saturday.

"I would love to fight Michael Bisping – he's said a lot of things about me lately and I want to settle it in the Octagon," Lombard said after knocking Palhares into orbit at the Gold Coast Convention Centre in Gold Coast, Australia.

Lombard's win over Palhares reversed a lackluster decision loss to Tim Boetsch at UFC 149.