Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Thumbs up USA TODAY: Anthony Pettis drops to 145, meets UFC champ Jose Aldo on Aug. 3

Two of the most dynamic strikers in all of mixed martial arts will meet Aug. 3 as Anthony Pettis (16-2 MMA, 3-1 UFC) is dropping from lightweight to 145 pounds to challenge current champion Jose Aldo (22-1 MMA, 4-0 UFC) for the UFC featherweight title.

USA TODAY Sports/MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) on Monday learned of the booking from UFC President Dana White.

"Two of the baddest dudes in the fight business are going to fight at 145 pounds," White said. "These guys are two of the most amazing, gravity-defying athletes in the sport. I am so pumped for this fight."

White said the company currently is seeking a venue for the as-yet-unannounced event and that sites in Texas, Chicago, Las Vegas and Rio de Janeiro are all under consideration. Aldo vs. Pettis is expected to headline the card.

Aldo on Saturday defended his title with a unanimous decision win over former lightweight champ Frankie Edgar at UFC 156 in Las Vegas. Afterward, Pettis texted White and requested the matchup.

"Aldo is a tremendous fighter," Pettis said. "I have all the respect in the world for his skills. I just want to be one of the best in the world, and the only way to do that is to beat the best."

The 26-year-old Pettis is best known for this December 2010 win over current UFC lightweight champion Benson Henderson in the final event for the now-shuttered World Extreme Cagefighting promotion. In that bout, "Showtime" clinched a decision win by leaping off the cage wall and knocking down his opponent with a flying kick to the face. After dropping a decision to Clay Guida in his UFC debut, Pettis has since put together a three-fight win streak that includes back-to-back "Knockout of the Night" wins over top contenders Joe Lauzon and, just 10 days ago, Donald "Cowboy" Cerrone.

Meanwhile, Brazilian striker Aldo boasts a 15-fight win streak and has not tasted defeat since 2005. He's earned 11 career first-round stoppages and possesses some of the sharpest and most devastating muay Thai skills in the sport. Still, tae kwon do black belt Pettis believes he's capable of upsetting the 26-year-old champ.

"I wouldn't call him out if I didn't really feel confident I could beat him," Pettis said.

Pettis was expected to challenge for the UFC lightweight title later this year against the winner of an April championship bout between current champ Henderson and Strikeforce import Gilbert Melendez. However, the Milwaukee native said he wasn't comfortable waiting around and instead will now face one of the sport's top pound-for-pound fighters.

"It's a superfight, and I want to be a part of these fights," Pettis said.

DON'T GIE'A FUCK the madscotsman's Avatar

It's showtime folks.