UFC announcer Bruce Buffer's autobiography, "It's Time!: My 360-Degree View of the UFC," is scheduled for a May 14 release.

Buffer recently announced the release date for the project, which has been in the works for the past few years.

Published by Random House, the book is currently available for pre-order on Amazon.com at a discounted price of $16.33.

"In these pages, I want to tell you about the passion that first led me to bet everything on this sport of ours, way back when MMA was outlawed in half the country and there wasn't a dime to be made on it," Buffer stated. "I want to tell you how that passion all started, with my larger-than-life father, a former Marine Drill Sergeant who, by the time I was 10, had taught me to play poker and blackjack, field-strip a Luger pistol blindfolded and recite poetry. He was a man who thought nothing of confronting a group of thugs armed with nothing but his fists—and who expected the same strength and honor from his sons.

"I want to take you inside the incredible brotherhood that makes up the UFC as nobody ever has before, to tell you about the bond we all share and the crazy times I’ve had over the years with guys like Randy Couture, Tito Ortiz, Chuck Liddell, B.J. Penn and Jon 'Bones' Jones. I want to give you my octagon-side insights on many of the big fights you remember, and just maybe, to tell you about a few memorable fights that took place outside of the octagon, too — from my own sparring match with a youngster named Royce Gracie back before the phrase 'Mixed Martial Arts' even existed, to some other brawls you might've heard about.

"And I want to tell you about the remarkable, late-life meeting with the celebrity brother I never knew I had — a brother whose existence my parents had never once breathed a word about! — that helped inspire me to chase my own dreams of standing up in the octagon."

Buffer, the UFC's longtime in-cage announcer, also manages the career of his brother, Michael Buffer, the boxing announcer best known for his trademark, "Let's get ready to rumble!" catchphrase.