Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Jim Ross posted his latest blog at JRSBBQ.com. Here are some highlights:
    This Monday's RAW: "I expect Monday's RAW to have ample amounts of 'surprise' elements, particularly with some of the returning old school talents and how they are utilized and a definitive feel as to what we can expect to experience at WM29. In addition, thanks to some of the 'Legends' in attendance, I would expect to see some,hopefully, timely humor infused into the show. What will be the proverbial water cooler talk regarding #Raw come Tuesday morning?

"Whoever wrestles in the main event of the evening will have huge shoes to fill following last week's John Cena vs. CM Punk instant classic."

Triple H vs. Brock Lesnar: "Starting the show off with Mr. McMahon, Paul Heyman, Brock Lesnar and HHH will be hard to top this week but I'm anxious to see how WWE sets the stage for the much anticipated three hour broadcast that will obviously be focused on WM29."

Added pressure heading into WrestleMania: "I always looked at these last few Road to WrestleMania shows like an athlete competing in the playoffs. Nothing but one's absolute best will do no matter one's assignment or the segment in which they appear. Every role is important and any one with a "business as usual" mindset needs a heart to heart talk."

Much more is contained in Ross' latest blog, including his thoughts on last week's RAW, business picking up for WrestleMania season, last Friday's Smackdown, and much more

Legends on tonight's RAW: "WWE.com released an impressive list or names earlier today that are slated to appear on tonight's Old School Raw. Happy to see them all especially guys like the Honkytonk Man who hasn't been involved in WWE programming in quite some time. Always good to see my old Mid south Wrestling buddy Hacksaw Jim Duggan get a call as well as Nature Boy Ric Flair who I'm sure the Buffalo, live audience will embrace. I know that Mean Gene Okerlund has been looking forward to this night for quite some time. The Million Dollar Man will be on RAW tonight with two, newly replaced knees."

John Cena vs. The Rock: "One could realistically expect some sort of confrontation between The Rock, the WWE Champion, and his number one contender and WM29 opponent, John Cena. If this confrontation does occur, I'd guess that both men will be compellingly serious. The responsibility that they carry in closing the show at WM29 is massive. The top guys always carry the heaviest load but with that comes the greatest rewards. Some guys can handle the pressure and some fold like a cheap shirt....and often blame the promotion for their lack of push or general success."

CM Punk: "It's also a huge night for @CMPunk, arguably WWE's MVP for the past year and change, as he has to re-position himself for WM29. There's lots of speculation on this matter and we'll hopefully know more conclusive info during tonight's three hour broadcast. @HeymanHustle will be knee deep in whatever happens, as well, one can assume.

"I'm guessing that we come out of tonight's Old School RAW with a much clearer picture of what we can expect to see from an upper card level respect at WM29 on April 7 at MetLife Stadium.

Much more is contained in Ross' latest blog, including his thoughts on Bruno Sammartino being honored at the Arnold Classic, title belt designs, broadcasting with Bruno and much more

Credit: JRSBARBQ.com

Jim Ross has posted the following blog on the passing of Paul Bearer. Here is what Ross had to say…

It’s never easy reflecting back on the life of a great friend and someone so universally well liked. My friend Bill Moody aka Paul Bearer aka Percival Pringle 3 passed away Tuesday at the age of 58. Here are some personal thoughts….

I met Percy, as I called him for the duration of our relationship, while he worked in Dallas for WCCW and the Von Erich’s in the wrestling office in Dallas and while managing a variety of villain wrestlers. Our mutual friend Dennis Brent introduced us as Percy also did some work with Dennis to help make ends meet. This was in the early 80′s.

We hit it off immediately as we both had the love of the business in common and we both were in the business in a non wrestling role. Were we earning as much money as ‘the boys?’ Of course not but we were having fun because we were living out our boyhood dreams of being involved in the most unique of genres.

Percy was one of the funniest guys that I ever met in the wrestling biz. He could make anyone laugh and enjoyed doing so. He was also a natural ‘heel’ and had the psychology of being a villain manager down to a science. Calling Paul Bearer a student of the game would be an understatement.

Growing up in the Pensacola, Florida area with Michael Hayes and others who also made their way into the business Percy always dreamed of being in the biz but knew that athletically speaking that he would have to take a different route than most to make it to the big time. He took that challenging road and navigated it successfully scratching out a living but loving every minute of the journey.

In 1990, PP3′s big break came when Vince McMahon brought him to WWE and paired the licensed mortician to be the Undertaker’s manager.

As great as Taker’s run has been in WWE, arguably the most marvelous, long term run in WWE history, it would have not been the same without Paul Bearer being added to the presentation in the Phenom’s formative years.

They went together like BBQ sauce on a great rack of ribs and created a presentation that including the perfect music, with perfect lighting and special effects to go along with the amazing package of the Dead Man and his scary, unmistakable figure of a manager.

When I got to WWE in 1993 I was so happy to reunite with Percy and so proud that he had made it to the top of the mountain in the biggest promotion in the world. That’s a long way from P’Cola and working multiple jobs for the fading WCCW territory while taking on a second job to pay the bills.

Percy was so proud of his sons and loved his family deeply. His southern roots ran deep as he never moved, for long any way, from Alabama. During the football season we would exchange messages or talk about his Crimson Tide and my Sooners hoping that they would meet for the national title in our life time. If I got a ‘Roll Tide’ message on my phone or on Twitter I did not have to think twice about who sent it.

He always laughed about me calling him a “Rotund Demon” on a broadcast and often identified himself in that manner when we would speak on the phone.

Percy dearly loved George Jones and occasionally when a new talent would come into the WWE some pranksters would put the newbie up to telling Percy that George Jones had just passed away. Wrestlers have strange senses of humor and Percy never thought that ‘rib’ was a funny one. He would commence to cutting a promo on the unsuspecting newcomer AND who ever put the kid up to the unappreciated shenanigans.

Some of my fondest memories was Percy enjoying a taste of Jack Daniels and singing George Jones tunes especially ‘He Stopped Loving Her Today.’

Percy dearly loved George Jones but that love paled in comparison to his love for his late wife Diana who passed from breast cancer a few years ago. I’m not sure Percy ever recovered from that loss.

One of Percy’s closest, long time friends text me last night that “Paul is happy now. He’s back with Diana.”

Rest in Peace old friend until we meet again.

WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross is back with a new blog on jrsbarbq.com. Here are some highlights:
    - The new, @BretHart DVD collection just released this week is exceptional. When a talent sits down and emotionally invests themselves in a project such as a DVD, inevitably the product is that much better.

That was certainly the case with the last @steveaustinBSR DVD and same goes for the two DVD presentations that Bret has helped produce.

Emotionally investing in one's life, totally, generally equates to positive results. Living in one's comfort zone isn't advisable.

- Got an email from a NFL writer/friend where former Tough Enough winner Andy Leavine is preparing to try his hand at pro football again. I wish him the best on such a daunting challenge and getting a free agent deal.

My theory is that, if one does the math, that it's harder to make a WWE primary roster than it is to make a NFL team. Certainly an arguable point but the number of 'spots' available for both entities favors football.

- Anxious to see the follow up Monday night in Indy on RAW especially between @CMPunk and The Undertaker notwithstanding Brock Lesnar and @TripleH. Two hugely compelling WM 29 scenarios. Do I expect Lesnar to commit to fighting HHH at WM29? Do I want to sell you some JR's? Hell, yes! This is crunch time for everyone associated with WWE as the Road To WrestleMania separates the wannabe's from the players.

- Amazed at how busy @JerryLawler stays virtually each and every weekend doing appearances and signings. However, there's no doubt that Jerry would rather be wrestling. I'd be surprised if things work out to where The King has had his last bout.

Jim Ross has posted his latest blog online. Check out the highlights:

On tonight’s Raw: “There are many things to keep an eye on tonight on the live, three hour RAW that emanates from Indianapolis. Obviously, it will be WM29 oriented as the big day of April 7 will be upon us before we know it. How can we expect to see the Undertaker presented on RAW tonight?”

On CM Punk vs. Undertaker: “The amazing Deadman is slated to defend the most auspicious streak in the history of the business at WM29 against the talented and opportunistic @CMPunk. Punk has been, arguably, WWE’s MVP the past many months highlighted by his long reign as WWE Champion. Versus ‘Taker, at least in my view, Punk has everything to gain and nothing to lose which makes the controversial, expert of the pipe bomb even more of a threat to pull off what many of us feel will never happen…someone, anyone ending the Undertaker’s undefeated streak at WrestleMania. Many fans suggest that it is ‘time’ for WWE’s longest running, major star to ‘go down.’ Mother Nature has not been kind to the Demon of Death Valley has he has had his share of serious injuries that were brought upon by a fierce, in ring style that featured a plethora of non, big man moves for a near 7 foot, 300 pounder. Not to mention, a hellacious road schedule for many, many years that are especially challenging to maintain for anyone much less a man the size of Taker. Airplane seats or normal automobiles are not made for mammoth men of Taker’s proportions. “

More on Undertaker vs. Punk: “Punk is, arguably, more unpredictable than any opponent that Taker has ever faced at a WrestleMania event including the legendary Shawn Michaels as certainly Punk has a completely different style than HBK. Punk’s Muay Tai based, submission approach to the game versus HBK’s more traditional catch as catch can style with some calculated, high risk thrown in for good measure pose a different set of problems for the man we have not seen compete on TV since last WrestleMania. One has to wonder what that match took out of the Phenom. It is easy to fathom that Punk will wrestle Undertaker with an enhanced sense of urgency at WM29 but will that be enough to hang the only loss at WrestleMania on the all time great? Some speculate here on our Q&A’s and via Twitter @JRsBBQ that they think that if Taker loses at WM29 that he will hang it up. I don’t know abut that but I do know that the day that the Undertaker feels that he can’t be ‘The Undertaker’ that he will fade into the darkness and not attempt to perpetuate what once was as so many of his peers have embarrassingly attempted to do. The Deadman has too much pride.”

On whether a breaking of the Streak would hurt Undertaker’s legacy: “So, does Taker being 20-1 at WrestleMania’s adversely affect his legacy? Not in my view. However, does beating the Undertaker at WrestleMania essentially make Punk even more special? Absolutely. A Punk win at WM29 would essentially punch Punk’s WWE HOF ticket and whether the outspoken Punk would admit it or not, being inducted into the WWE HOF is an amazing honor even for the most devout of individuals. Time will tell and it’s a main event match of which I’m extremely interested. Undertaker and Punk have my attention and are likely to have even more of it after tonight’s RAW in Indianapolis.”

On Brock Lesnar vs. Triple H: “That brings us to one Brock Lesnar. The amazingly gifted fighter/wrestler who we recruited straight out of the University of Minnesota where he was a national, NCAA heavyweight wrestling champion and a multiple time All American for Coach J Robinson’s Golden Gophers. Lesnar was always a uniquely complex individual to manage but many extraordinary athletes in a variety of sports are. Lesnar has always had an obsession with being the best and with also being the alpha male in any environment that he resides. It is my opinion that Lesnar doesn’t need WWE’s money but what he does need is to re-validate to himself that he is still the best/toughest in the sports entertainment genre just as he was when he abruptly left the business to try his hand at the NFL and before dominating UFC as their PPV cash cow and UFC Heavyweight Champion. I see Lesnar accepting @TripleH WM29 challenge tonight but not without significant fanfare. There is only so much spotlight to go around the evening of April 7 and world class athletes like Lesnar want the bulk of that spotlight to be on them. Plus, the Psycho Viking has @HeymanHustle in his ear. Enough said.”

On Chris Jericho: “Speaking of men who crave the spotlight, @IAmJericho Chris Jericho is another. Arguably, no one in WWE is more driven to conquer more world’s than is Jericho. Jericho is one man that his peers don’t embrace ‘following’ at any major event and WM29 is the biggest ‘major’ the biz has to offer. As of yet, Jericho isn’t slated for a WM29 bout but how can he not be on this showcase of Hall of Fame level talent? Perhaps we will find out tonight in Indy what awaits Jericho at WM29 but be assured that if and when Y2J is booked he will turn his sights directly on creating yet another WrestleMania moment.”

WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross is back with a new blog on jrsbarbq.com. Here are some highlights:
    - For those complaining about the usage of Paul Bearer's image less than a week after his sudden passing last Tuesday at the age of 58, I suggest that they relax. I'm guessing that I knew Percy better than most complaining within the internet wrestling community and I can say without hesitation that he would have loved how his TV persona was honored notwithstanding how he contributed to one more storyline leading into WrestleMania.

Punk interrupting the final moments of the opening Paul Bearer tribute was villainy 101.

As a matter of fact, I felt like Punk had more antagonist angst when Raw was going off the air than he did when he first arrived on the scene in the first segment of the show.

The idea is to motivate fans to pay to see the villain get his ass handed to him and if that theory is accurate then WWE succeeded in regards to the Taker-Punk 'Streak' match at WM29.

- WWE utilizing John Cena's divorce in the WWE Title video package surprised me. However, it made perfect sense and is an issue that most people can relate to in some fashion. It also helps realistically explain Cena's own self proclaimed downward spiral in 2012.

- Proud of The Shield guys after having seen them evolve and develop in NXT even though some will either hit me on our Q&A's or on Twitter @JRsBBQ that both Rollins and Ambrose were ready for prime time upon leaving ROH. I have a different opinion on that matter and I think that the talents themselves would concur. That's no knock on ROH who I am pulling for in a big way to be successful.

- Add @WWEDanielBryan vs. @HEELZiggler to my list of 'Best of Seven' candidates. They had one helluva wrestling match on RAW Monday night. I'd expect both men to travel in different circles post WrestleMania as in faster circles or so I hope.

Credit: JRSBARBQ.com

Jim Ross has posted a new blog entry. Here are the highlights…

On Ric Flair: Got a nice call this morning from @RicFlairNatrBoy who was in great spirits and talking about how proud he was of his son Reid who is in Japan wrestling for All Japan Pro Wrestling and is apparently learning a great deal and doing well. I’d suggest Reid stay in Japan for a year or longer and really refine his game before attempting to make his mark in the USA. Tough last name to have and even tougher to step away from the shadow of one of the most influential and famous fathers in the history of the business. I’m looking forward to catching up with ‘Naitch’ in a social setting during WrestleMania week.

On Attending WWE AXXESS: I know that I will be at WM29 AXXESS the Friday before the PPV at the WWE Super Store where they will be selling JR’s products. I think the time is 1:30 until ??. When I get my official AXXESS schedule I will pass it along. JR’s products will only be available at AXXESS and NOT inside the stadium. Order now from WWEShop.com to get yours shipped to your home for WM29 gatherings.

On The UFC: Nick Diaz is actually doing the #UFC a favor with his alleged ‘bad boy’ behavior prior to this Saturday’s PPV vs. GSP. Diaz’ every move is seemingly being documented and the talented albeit combustible MMA athlete will have many people paying big bucks to see perennial hero St. Pierre silence GSP’s controversial nemesis in the heroes hometown. Perfect scenario for a momentous upset even thought Diaz is a huge betting underdog. If GSP comes out looking to humiliate and decimate Diaz and not fight his usual strategic fight, strange things could happen in Montreal.

Great ‘villains’ are the one’s who can motivate fans to invest financially in the villain’s demise or comeuppance. It’s been that way in sports entertainment for decades and it happens every Sunday in the NFL which is why the NFL rarely plays a game on a neutral site. The visitors play the role of the ‘villain.’

Speaking of the UFC, their primary broadcast team, who I happen to really enjoy, @MFG16 and @JoeRogan, work like government mules on show day just on the air alone. Facebook bouts, prelims on cable and then the PPV which equates roughly to a 6 hour broadcast. That’s insane. That means that the most important thing that they do, the PPV Main Event, is at the end of a marathon day of double digit hours.

JR's Random Thoughts, 'NAITCH,' Ref Korderas Book, Diaz-GSP, Duck Dynasty, Order JR's Products Today for WM29!
    Thu, 03/14/2013 - 12:06pm — J.R.
    Posted in:

Wrestling

Thanks for stopping by our site on a beautiful day in Norman, Oklahoma where you can buy JR's products off the shelf at great prices. There are four, Norman @HomelandStores and all do a great job with our brand. Let's get random....

Nick Diaz is actually doing the #UFC a favor with his alleged 'bad boy' behavior prior to this Saturday's PPV vs. GSP. Diaz' every move is seemingly being documented and the talented albeit combustible MMA athlete will have many people paying big bucks to see perennial hero St. Pierre silence GSP's controversial nemesis in the heroes hometown. Perfect scenario for a momentous upset even thought Diaz is a huge betting underdog.
    If GSP comes out looking to humiliate and decimate Diaz and not fight his usual strategic fight, strange things could happen in Montreal.
    Great 'villains' are the one's who can motivate fans to invest financially in the villain's demise or comeuppance. .
    It's been that way in sports entertainment for decades and it happens every Sunday in the NFL which is why the NFL rarely plays a game on a neutral site. The visitors play the role of the 'villain.'
    Speaking of the UFC, their primary broadcast team, who I happen to really enjoy, @MFG16 and @JoeRogan, work like government mules on show day just on the air alone. Facebook bouts, prelims on cable and then the PPV which equates roughly to a 6 hour broadcast. That's insane. That means that the most important thing that they do, the PPV Main Event, is at the end of a marathon day of double digit hours.
    Funny how some fans are just discovering my original 'pipe bomb' promo from 1996. It pales in comparison to @CMPunk but it was somewhat unique for the day. I remember wearing poor, Jerry Brisco out as we rode together from Philly to Hershey as he had to listen over and over to what I thought I would say.
    My pal @JoeyStyles tweeted the DeAndre Jordan dunk with my voice over on it and it's at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLDS3q. This has had a much longer life span than I would have ever dreamed and even made the Sports Illustrated website this week.
    Several asking about if I think that the Cruiserweight division will be returning to WWE any time soon. Answer is that I have no idea but if forced to speculate I'd give that one a no. many wrestlers feel that being labeled a Cruiserweight hampers there professional growth.
    Plus, it's another title to attempt to establish which can be challenging.
    I hope that the #Rams get ample offensive line help for my man and former #Sooners QB Sam Bradford. Securing some WR's is important too but it all starts up front with any football team...American football team that is.
    Nice, pro wrestling mentions on @DuckDynastyAE Wednesday night including WWE HOFer Hacksaw Jim Duggan was a HUGE star in Mid South Wrestling back in the day and was making an impact all over Louisiana. Mid South generally promoted the Monroe Civic Center every Tuesday night back in the day and that's where the Duck Commander folks reside. @steveaustinBSR also got some nice props. I'm waiting on the call to come down to my old stomping grounds and do a 'cameo.'
    Got a nice call this morning from @RicFlairNatrBoy who was in great spirits and talking about how proud he was of his son Reid who is in Japan wrestling for All Japan Pro Wrestling and is apparently learning a great deal and doing well. I'd suggest Reid stay in Japan for a year or longer and really refine his game before attempting to make his mark in the USA. Tough last name to have and even tougher to step away from the shadow of one of the most influential and famous fathers in the history of the business. I'm looking forward to catching up with 'Naitch' in a social setting during WrestleMania week.
    Just got a copy of former WWE referee Jimmy Korderas book, "THREE COUNT: My Life in Stripes as a WWE Referee. Going to start on it ASAP. It's a soft cover book covering 232 pages and I'm sure that it will be a fun read. Jimmy was an excellent referee, always reliable and hard working. One of the good guys and I hope that his book does wonderfully. It's being published by ECW Press. Check it out. I'll have more on it when I've finished reading it.
    I hear that the bout between @RealJackSwagger vs. @IAmJericho this Friday night on Smackdown is a dandy. Anxious to watch it.
    Happy @JCLayfield is back from his latest mountain climbing adventure unscathed. John does wonderful work for underprivileged kids in Bermuda. I recommend that you download the @LayfieldReport App.
    I know that I will be at WM29 AXXESS the Friday before the PPV at the WWE Super Store where they will be selling JR's products. I think the time is 1:30 until ??. When I get my official AXXESS schedule I will pass it along. JR's products will only be available at AXXESS and NOT inside the stadium. Order now from WWEShop.com to get yours shipped to your home for WM29 gatherings.
    Anyone having WM29 parties in the UK or Europe with JR's from @americansoda? If so, send us photos on Twitter @JRsBBQ.
    I've updated the Q&A's elsewhere on this site and they await you. Boy, there are ample, judgmental people who enjoy hiding behind a keyboard these days, eh? I didn't know so many perfect people existed.
    I appreciate you stopping by and come back and visit any time.
    Boomer Sooner!
    J.R. @JRsBBQ

CM Punk interrupting The Undertaker's tribute to Paul Bearer on RAW: "Still getting some lingering feedback regarding @CMPunk interrupting The Undertaker's tribute to the late, Paul Bearer Monday night. Again, I did not and do not have a problem with it especially considering that WWE honored the memory of my late friend throughout the night. For PB to be involved in another major, storyline leading into WrestleMania, would have thrilled him to no end. Villains do bad things and usually get their comeuppance in the end. Time will tell on the latter as it relates to Punk ending 'The Streak' which would be as big a defining moment as when the Ultimate Warrior beat Hulk Hogan at WM6, in the eyes of some."

What moment from his career that he would do over: "Was asked about if there was something that I could do over in my career what would it be. There aren't too many things because I'm a believer that things happen for a reason and we generally get what we have earned in life. However, I would love to have a 'do over' on my part of the call of @ShawnMichaels vs. @NatrBoyRicFlair bout. They deserved better from me at WM24. Perhaps I was TOO invested in the retirement match. However, no excuses just wish I had nailed it better."

Steve Austin: "@steveaustinBSR about to head to Mexico to tape season three of CMT's Redneck Island and then onto his ranch in south Texas to start a new, reality show for CMT taped on the Broken Skull Ranch. Plus, the Texas Rattlesnake and devout JR's BBQ Sauce and Chipotle Ketchup user is about to step into the world of weekly podcasts. Stay tuned and follow Steve on Twitter for more info."

Much more is contained in Ross' latest blog, including his thoughts on tonight's UFC 158 PPV, Chris Jericho vs. Jack Swagger on RAW and much more. You can check out the full entry by clicking here.

Jim Ross has posted his latest blog entry online. Check out the highlights:

On UFC production values: “I have issues with how UFC mic’s their live audience as I feel that the announcers should have to work harder and have to have a more distinct tone and infliction at the loudest moments of the live event. That did not occur. On entrances that are hot, like GSP and Diaz, there is really nothing that any announcers can say that exceeds the organic and real feel of what the audience is providing the PPV customer…as long as the audience is mic’ed well. So, in my view, those two entrances in particular would have been perfect examples where the broadcast team would have simply sit back and allowed the viewer to soak in the moment. By the way, Mike Goldberg and Joe Rogan did stellar work on their marathon assignment Saturday night which started late Saturday afternoon, if not much earlier, and finishing well after midnight Saturday night. No one should overlook how hard those two work during a PPV day for UFC.”

On Johny Hendricks’ win: “Happy for Johny Hendricks, a native Oklahoman who was a stud, high school wrestler with three state championships and a Division One star who was a 4 Time All American at Oklahoma State in wrestling, getting his biggest win to date against the highly skilled Carlos Condit. If this fight had been a 5 rounder instead of 3, Condit would have likely pulled it out. As it stands. apparently Hendricks, aka Big Rig, is the next challenger for George St. Pierre’s welterweight title. Suggestion to Hendricks…don’t fight GSP in Montreal.”

On Nick Diaz’s loss: “Nick Diaz is a tough dude with many fights under his belt but has some issues at times expressing himself. (He also had issues Saturday night in figuring out how to create offense against GSP.) How’s that for a revelation? I feel that many of Diaz’ issues are out of his own frustrations. I’ve dealt with many talents in the genre of sports entertainment that were miserable to be around, at times, and challenging to manage but the old theory of solving a problem or eliminating it resonates here. I am not advocating that UFC rid themselves of Diaz because Nick is still a viable commodity who fans, like me, will still pay to see fight. Diaz isn’t boring but he’s a unique communicator to say the east with a polarizing personality. I’m sure that there are bigger pains in the backside that UFC officials have to deal with other than Diaz.”

On financial planning: “Any company can provide the proper financial tools to a talent whether they be a WWE performer or a UFC fighter but no one can make these men and women be responsible with their cash and fulfill their financial and moral obligations. So, one way to address that matter is to recruit and sign athletes who come into an organization with some level of structure and the intellect to help them make better decisions. Honestly, those values start at home when the individuals were kids which is always why I liked to learn about the talent’s family when I could. Is there a fool proof way to address this matter? Absolutely not. That’s why there are so many sad stories that we hear from every walk of life where one has found success in athletics or entertainment or any other field one can name and have squandered their money and turned their back on their obligations because of ignorance, irresponsibility and being so egocentric that the world was only about one thing, them.”

On unions preventing financial mistakes: “Some critics decry that if these men and women were not independent contractors that these issues would be significantly lessened and to that I call BS. Look at all walks of society where men and women are members of unions, are fulltime, regular employees and they still can’t be forced to spend their monies wisely, to pay their taxes, and to prepare for their future.”

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast