Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Source: JR's BBQ

Jim Ross posted his latest blog at JRSBBQ.com. During his blog, he discussed the top three matches at WrestleMania:
    "What really is the main event of WM29? From a marketing standpoint the answer is obvious, @TheRock defending the WWE Title against @JohnCena...without question and hands down. However, that doesn't mean that particular bout, which has the heavy responsibility of likely closing the near, four hour show, is dancing alone.

"Many fans are just as interested to see if 'The Streak' survives another year. Obviously, @CMPunk and @HeymanHustle feel that it won't and that Father Time and Punk's unique skill set can derail the most impressive accomplishment ever earned on the grandest stage of them all. Just curious, is being the man who finally beats the Undertaker at WrestleMania more of a lasting memory specifically to Punk's legacy than is his long, 400+ day WWE title reign?

"Others are intrigued to see if #TripleH can derail the PPV performing juggernaut Brock Lesnar in a match driven by an intense, personal issue. Will Lesnar's MMA skills be too much for the Cerebral Assassin to handle? I am very anxious to see the strategies utilized by both men which obviously are going to be dictated by the stipulations of the match."

Credit: JRSBARBQ.com

Jim Ross has posted a new blog entry. Here are the highlights…

On Raw’s Not So Hot Open: Perplexing Raw Monday night in Pittsburgh. Obviously, the live crowd was not into some aspects of the broadcast, which resonated at home. Not the hot start to the broadcast that we’ve experienced on RAW the past few weeks. I will say that John Cena has physically never looked better in my view. I’d suggest that Cena’s cardio vascular conditioning could well be a major factor when he challenges The Rock for the WWE Title at WM29. The Rock’s worldwide, travel schedule is freakish and nothing can prepare one’s stamina inside the ring better than being inside the ring on a regular basis.

On CM Punk: The CM Punk biz with the urn made me uncomfortable.

On Booker T Heading Into the WWE Hall of Fame: Congrats to Booker T for being selected to be inducted into the all star, 2013 WWE Hall of Fame Class the night before WrestleMania at the sold out Madison Square Garden. After, self admittedly, making some serious mistakes as a young man, Booker Huffman has made some amazing life changes and is a success story that needs to be heard over and over again. Arguably, over the long haul, Booker T was WWE’s best ‘get’ from WCW when the Turner folks closed their doors. Whether it be wrestling, fan favorite or villain, utilizing scientific wrestling or brawling, cutting entertaining and compelling promos, doing commentary or representing WWE in a variety of ways, Booker has been at a main event level in every thing that he has been asked to do. Knowing Booker’s back story, I am so proud of him and use Book as an example to rookies on a regular basis. Booker and his lovely wife Sharmell are the parents of adorable twins, a son and a daughter, and are living the American dream. Well earned and it couldn’t happen to nicer people.

On The Main Event Angle: Paul Heyman took almost an inhumane, physical beating from HHH before The Game signed his name to a contract that says The Game is done as an active wrestler if he doesn’t beat Brock Lesnar on April 7. I know that HHH would rather wrestle than sit in business meetings even though his long term future as WWE COO is well established. Men like HHH want to end their run on their terms and not the terms of people like Heyman and Lesnar. However, HHH could be facing the same fate as his friends Ric Flair and Shawn Michaels who both ended their in ring careers in WWE at WrestleMania events.

WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross is back with a new blog on jrsbarbq.com. Here are some highlights:
    - We had one of our best nights of TV production ever at NXT on Thursday while taping five, one hour broadcasts of NXT. The marathon took less than four hours which is a credit to all involved on the production and organizational side notwithstanding the talents themselves.

- @BigELangston had an impressive night and I look for 'E' to have a memorable 2013 in WWE. Hugely strong, highly intelligent, athletic with good feet, Big E simply needs experience to become what WWE needs from him and that is to be a break through star ala The Shield.

- Good work at the announce desk by Tony Dawson, Tom Phillips, William Regal and Brad Maddox. Maddox could evolve to be very good in the color commentator role as he has a natural gift of gab, good timing and is a bright kid. I always said that he reminded me of the late, Eddie Gilbert while watching Maddox in the ring down in talent development. @MichaelCole and I enjoy working with the young broadcasters who are getting plenty of reps in NXT.

- WWE has hired a new, strength and conditioning coach which is a brilliant move for the long term development of every talent in the system.

- HUGE RAW Monday in Philly headlined by both @TheRock and @JohnCena in the house live. The redemption vs. legacy tag lines are all well and good and while being accurate never discount the fact that both men are hugely competitive and accustomed to being 'the man.' They are Alpha Males of which is always interesting to observe. I've often wondered how Rock and Cena would have co-existed during parts of the Attitude Era especially when one throws in an element like @steveaustinBSR. It would have made for an interesting locker room. These two men travel in different circles and have never been in the WWE grind long enough together to build the unique and often times unspoken bond that many performers have. Call me naive if you choose but I see two, strong willed men who will try to show up the other on April 7 when finesse inside the ring ropes won't be acceptable to them or the fans.

Jim Ross posted his latest blog at JRSBBQ.com. Here are some highlights:
    Tonight's RAW: "I look at tonight's RAW very simplistically. I feel the show is in a 'must win' situation as it relates to the road to WrestleMania but the same can be said for every Monday Night Raw broadcast since the Elimination Chamber PPV occurred. A heightened sense of urgency, from everyone, some timely surprises and a renewed and enhanced focus on the money match aspects of WM29 are imperative to nail tonight in Philly where the arena is sold out. Hopefully, the broadcast starts off hot and engages the live audience early so as to sustain momentum and build upon it throughout the three hour broadcast. Obviously, what ever closes the show needs to leave fans talking and create some 'water cooler talk.'"

Surprises on tonight's RAW: "As I write this, there is lots of online speculation as to who may be appearing on RAW tonight. I hear that the 'potentials' could be an impressive gathering. Time will tell and I don't have that info and if I did I wouldn't ruin the surprise with 'spoiler' info. Another good reason to tune in."

WrestleMania business predictions: "I'm predicting that WM29 will be the most lucrative event ever produced by WWE from a live gate standpoint, I'm guessing the live gate will be approximately $12M, and over 1M PPV buys."

On Punk vs. Undertaker: The physicality, albeit brief, that ensued between The Undertaker and @CMPunk was unexpected by me but was certainly was explosive and well timed. One can assume that the Streak match at WM29 will be one of Punk attempting to eliminate Taker’s vertical base, use well placed kicks to the quads of the Deadman and attempt to win via submission which would make for a massive victory. Because I see strikes being utilized in the Streak match more than perhaps actual wrestling, I’m guessing that this main event contest might end suddenly and more quickly than some perceive. Punk is a great strategist and deep thinker so his game plan will be well planned and he likely will push the pace against his future Hall of Fame opponent who hasn’t wrestled a complete, single’s match in approximately one year.

On Jericho vs. Fandango: We’re getting some interesting feedback on Twitter @JRsBBQ regarding Fandango. some fans love the persona while others are vehemently opposed to it even though it hasn’t developed fully including Fandango having his first, full match. Perhaps that’s the issue..fans simply have significantly less patience to allow a new, TV persona to develop and want results yesterday. Chris Jericho wrestling Fandango at WM29 is a win in my view if for nothing else Jericho is on the card, and he makes any card that he is on better, and Chris certainly deserves to be at the biggest event of the year. Secondly, @IAmJericho will push Fandango to wrestle and perform at Jericho’s pace and we will all see what Fandango has to offer under pressure at MetLife Stadium. I will assure you that Jericho won’t modify his big event, game to accommodate the young Fandango.

On Henry vs. Ryback: Quite the strong man display by Mark Henry and Ryback Monday as their one on one match at WrestleMania continues to evolve. I’ve seen strongman themed matches that were atrocious but don’t feel as if this one will be whatsoever. Will it be Flair vs. Steamboat? No but what will on any card in today’s world? I do think that both Ryback and Henry will both have great outings and use not only their strength but their strong TV personas to make their collision at WM29 memorable.

On Raw’s Closing Segment: The concept of the last segment of #Raw was intriguing as hell. I loved seeing the Legends Panel and wish, in hindsight, that I had known who all were going to be participating earlier as it would have increased my anticipation for the final scene of the night. Rock and Cena felt natural and organic verbalizing in the lengthy segment that ended with some surprising physicality…at least I did not see it coming. I applaud Cena’s desire to dominate the Rock in the main event at WM29 which tells me that their bout will be more physical than we have seen in the past between the two which always works for me. Physicality and aggression cures many ills in my view. If their aggression was at a 8, for argument’s sake last year in Miami, then it should be at a 10 for the return on a crisp Sunday night in MetLife Stadium. I expect a fast paced contest and many near falls in this show closer as following over three hours of content isn’t an easy task but these two will not wilt under the pressure.

On Ric Flair: Heard Ric Flair was in Philly Monday but was send back to Charlotte for medical reasons. I don’t know any details but hopefully Ric has followed up with his doctor’s in Charlotte to determine what the issue is with apparent swelling in his knee. Naitch will always be Naitch but he’s in his mid 60′s now and Mother Nature and Father Time rarely compromise.

On Terry Funk Inducting Mick Foley into the WWE Hall of Fame: Great choice by Mick Foley to select Terry Funk to induct Mr. Foley’s baby boy at the 2013 WWE HOF induction ceremony. The Funker is Mick’s mentor and idol. I think it’s pretty cool when a Hall of Fame inductee can actually have their all time favorite wrestler, their father like figure within the business and their role model as it relates to in ring style and approach to the game induct them. Speaking of Terry Funk, he was arguably the most UNDERRATED broadcaster that I ever worked with as we did several prime time broadcasts during the WCW days in Atlanta. Terry was a great story teller, understood the business explicitly, was a great listener and he always put the in ring talent first. If I were asked, I’d suggest that the Funk/Foley duo be the first out of the gate on Saturday night April 6 in the sold out Madison Square Garden to kick off the WWE Hall of Fame Ceremony.

On Henry vs. Ryback: Heard the Mark Henry/Ryback weight lifting contest that airs on Friday Night Smackdown was damn impressive and blew the NFL record away as it relates the number of reps on the 225 bench press.

On Fandango: Fandango is a lightning rod right now because many or perhaps a few vocal ‘fans’ don’t like the TV persona even though they have yet to see it fully on display in a match of significance. I’m of the persuasion that I’ll reserve my opinions until I actually see the talent get it on bell to bell. Chris Jericho is the perfect opponent to perform with Fandango at WM29 because Jericho is all about stealing the show ala the great @ShawnMichaels no matter Y2J’s role. Fandango can also expect Jericho to beat the hell out of him along the way. Believe that!

On Ric Flair: Got a text from Ric Flair early this morning and Naitch is feeling great and has been provided medication to dissolve the blood clot that is in his leg. The doctor’s are highly optimistic that the meds will do the trick and eliminate a potentially, dangerous issue. Ric and I will get together Wednesday evening in Jersey to catch up which is one of our WrestleMania traditions.

Source: JR's BBQ

Jim Ross posted his latest blog at JRSBBQ.com. Here are some highlights:
    If Sting or Kurt Angle will ever be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame: "Absolutely, is my best educated guess. When? I have no idea but I hope I'm around to see both inductions."

What match he is most looking forward to at WrestleMania 29: "Several have my interest and ALL are important for those involved on a variety of levels. I certainly look forward to the Shield's 6 man tag in their debut at the 'Big Event.' Very curious to see how @TripleH and Brock Lesnar engage. I love these physical, hellbent for leather type of matches. The Streak is a WM highlight and no element in WrestleMania history has been more significant than the Undertaker going 20-0 at the Super Bowl of WWE. As one who had a hand in signing both @JohnCena and @TheRock I am proud that they are going to close the show, again, but also am nervously anxious to see how they follow all that precedes them. Big time players step up and play when the game's on the line and closing a WrestleMania event is akin to the game being on the line."

His WrestleMania appearances: "Yes I am gong to WrestleMania and will be appearing at the WWEShop Super Store Friday afternoon from 1-3 signing and taking photos, as I understand it. The Super Store which is located just inside the MetLife gate at the Stadium is going to be a big hit and they will be stocking all JR's products Thursday-Saturday and everything but the Beef Jerky on Sunday but I'm hoping that we well out of Jerky by Sunday.

"I have one AXXESS appearance. It is Saturday morning 8-10 at the Legends booth. Autographs and photos as usual there and I hope we have a big crowd. Bring your JR's products Saturday morning and I will be happy to sign them."

Much more is contained in Ross' latest blog, including which WrestleMania match he called that had the most reaction, the most emotional WrestleMania for him, which match he would "do over" at WrestleMania, how Fandango will do against Chris Jericho and much more.

pwi

Credit: JRSBARBQ.com

On who will feel the pressure to deliver at WrestleMania: Fandango is on the list even though I have gone on record as say that his bout at WM29 with Chris Jericho will exceed the expectations of many cynics. I find it somewhat ill advised (read, silly) that some fans have written me venom-filled emails that Jericho “deserves’ better of which I find laughable and I’m sure that @IAmJericho would as well. Throw Big E on the pressure filled list. Add The Shield, too and let’s not forget Ryback either. There are obviously others that could take residence on our list of pressure packed performers at WM29. I’ve seen the NXT talents in action and have the utmost confidence in each of them and expect them to come out of their first WrestleMania experience proud of their effort, accomplishment but wanting more.

On Rock vs. Cena main eventing the show: While some mindlessly complain about a return match, a staple within the wrestling business seemingly forever, in the show closing, main event slot at WM29, I prefer to be optimistic and address the fact that so many talents are making their WrestleMania debuts this Sunday.

On tonight’s RAW: Have to believe that RAW will be an interesting broadcast tonight especially how it chooses to address the top, three, marquis matches for WrestleMania. I’m as curious as the next fan as to how that will be approached and executed. There may actually be more pressure on many talents regarding tonight’s final RAW before this Sunday than WM29 itself. The sold out crowd in Washington, D.C. will also contribute greatly to the feel of the program.

On DDP helping Scott Hall and Jake Roberts: I am very proud of the work that DDP is doing to attempt to help rebuild the lives of Jake Roberts and Scott Hall. If I could wish for one thing regarding the business in general this year, it would be for The Snake and The Bad Guy to get healthy and enjoy their lives as they deserve…and that would be clean and sober. There isn’t a day that goes by that I don’t think of both men and so many others I’ve known in the business, and in life in general, who have made the wrong turn at the proverbial fork in the road of life. Many of us have had that same decision to make over the years and by the Grace of God, fate, a good woman/partner, friends, or whatever, it did not happen to all that it easily could have. This problem isn’t just a ‘wrestling problem’ but one that is an epidemic the world over. People have to make better choices or pay dire consequences.

JRs Full Blog for this week:

Monday Blog, Who's Under Pressure?, JR's 20th Anniversary in WWE, Cauliflower Alley Club, Online Biz is Booming!

It's the start of a huge week in WWE kicking off with tonight's last, Monday Night Raw broadcast prior to this Sunday's WrestleMania. We had several new, Q&A's submitted over the weekend of which we have updated here on our site. With that said, the bell has rung...

Heading to New Jersey in a few days to attend the WM29 festivities. For the first time, WWE is building a Super Store inside MetLife Stadium which is where I will be this Friday from 1-3 doing a signing and providing photo op's. The WWE Store at the stadium is where you can find ALL our products including our JR's Cookbook that I will personalize and sign on Friday if you drop by. JR's products will NOT be available at AXXESS and only at the Super Store.

Speaking of AXXESS, I have one appearance there and that is Saturday morning from 8-10 at the Legends area.

Looking forward to attending the WWE HOF Induction Ceremony Saturday night in MSG in New York City which is the toughest ticket to obtain that I can recall for any WrestleMania oriented event. I've had many friends ask for them and I haven't been able to accommodate one request. I'm fortunate that I got the two for Mrs JR and me.

While some mindlessly complain about a return match, a staple within the wrestling business seemingly forever, in the show closing, main event slot at WM29, I prefer to be optimistic and address the fact that so many talents are making their WrestleMania debuts this Sunday.

Who has the most pressure on them to overachieve inside MetLife Stadium this Sunday? Valid arguments could be made for several entities, quite honestly.

Fandango is on the list even though I have gone on record as say that his bout at WM29 with Chris Jericho will exceed the expectations of many cynics. I find it somewhat ill advised (read, silly) that some fans have written me venom-filled emails that Jericho "deserves' better of which I find laughable and I'm sure that @IAmJericho would as well.

Throw Big E on the pressure filled list. Add The Shield, too and let's not forget Ryback either. There are obviously others that could take residence on our list of pressure packed performers at WM29. I've seen the NXT talents in action and have the utmost confidence in each of them and expect them to come out of their first WrestleMania experience proud of their effort, accomplishment but wanting more.

At the end of the day, who that has a role at WrestleMania isn't under pressure and it that a bad thing?

Arguably, the two men that will close the show are under more pressure than anyone else on the card. Cena and Rock get the live audience after multiple hours of, hopefully, an emotional investment, and sitting in one's seat on a crisp, April evening in New Jersey longer than usual.

Have to believe that RAW will be an interesting broadcast tonight especially how it chooses to address the top, three, marquis matches for WrestleMania. I'm as curious as the next fan as to how that will be approached and executed. There may actually be more pressure on many talents regarding tonight's final RAW before this Sunday than WM29 itself. The sold out crowd in Washington, D.C. will also contribute greatly to the feel of the program.

I am very proud of the work that DDP is doing to attempt to help rebuild the lives of Jake Roberts and Scott Hall. If I could wish for one thing regarding the business in general this year, it would be for The Snake and The Bad Guy to get healthy and enjoy their lives as they deserve...and that would be clean and sober. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think of both men and so many others I've known in the business, and in life in general, who have made the wrong turn at the proverbial fork in the road of life. Many of us have had that same decision to make over the years and by the Grace of God, fate, a good woman/partner, friends, or whatever, it did not happen to all that it easily could have. This problem isn't just a 'wrestling problem' but one that is an epidemic the world over. People have to make better choices or pay dire consequences.

At the end of the day, the person that we look at in the mirror largely determines our success or our failure.

Good luck to all the promotions, there are too many to name, that are playing off the WWE brand and WrestleMania specifically to promote seemingly countless events in the NYC area this weekend. I'm one that has trouble keeping up with what I'm paid to do much less attempt to know of all the events taking place during WrestleMania weekend but I wish them well nonetheless.

It's always good to see all talents earn a payday and for the fans to enjoy all the wrestling that they can digest.

It's hard to believe that it was 20 years ago this week that I made my debut in WWE after only a 19 year journey to get to the top level of our business. Quite the over night sensation, right? Working on my first, live WWE broadcast was the WWE's biggest event of the year, WM9, and a unique WrestleMania being outdoors and at Caesar's Palace with elephants, togas, etc. Plus, it was a three man announce booth, something that I had done very infrequently, with two men that I had never worked with before...Bobby Heenan and Randy Savage.

Vince McMahon made a bold move putting me on the air for the very first time in WWE at that event and one that I know some within WWE weren't too sure of to say the least. Guys like me coming in from WCW who were perceived as the enemy weren't welcomed with open arms by all involved. All I can say is that the last 20 years have been the best I've ever experienced both professionally and personally (married wife Jan in 1993, too). As I always say about my life, the best is yet to come and I have yet to do my best work. So to address the same, old tired subject, I have not retired, I have no plans on retiring and I am having a wonderful time working in WWE Talent Development along with a multitude of other projects that I'm entrusted in which to participate.

The announce team this Sunday for the four hour PPV will undoubtedly wear dark clothing and may be even NASCAR like under garments as 4+ hours without a bathroom break may be the greatest "pressure packed" moment of the night.

I wish more fans and wrestling media folks wold take an interest in http://www.caulifloweralleyclub.org. It's a wonderful organization and one that I'm proud to say that I'm a life member. Their big, annual get together is April 15-17 in Las Vegas at the Gold Coast Hotel and Casino.

Business is really picking p with the grilling season nearing for many. Thanks to those ordering online at http://www.wweshop.com and at http://www.americansoda.co.uk.

Be well and count your blessings. Join me for live Tweeting tonight during RAW @JRsBBQ.

Boomer Sooner!
    J.R.

Thumbs up Jim Ross Blogs About WrestleMania 29 Matches

WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross is back with a new blog on jrsbarbq.com, where he talked about the three top WrestleMania 29 matches and Monday's RAW:

- Thought that the final segment of Raw involving Taker and Punk was controversial and dramatic and it made me want to see the match between the two even more. I can certainly see where some viewers were uncomfortable with the presentation but perhaps that was the intent. Mark my words, @CMPunk vs. Undertaker will be tougher than a $2 steak to follow.

- The hay is in the barn for Rock vs. Cena. It;'s been over a year since this rivalry started and Sunday is the time for the talking to end and the show closer to deliver. Following everything on the card and attempting to engage the audience who has been at the stadium for hours is daunting but that comes with the territory. I have every belief that the two men that I signed to WWE contracts will rise to the occasion.

- Thought the addition of HBK in HHH's corner vs. Brock Lesnar was a timely touch and that Paul Heyman was excellent on the mic representing his client. Slobber Knocker time for the Cerebral Assassin and the former WWE and UFC champion without question. This one won't be a Brisco vs. Funk catch as catch can masterpiece but it will be car crash-like. I see some sweet chin music in @HeymanHustle future in Jersey. Just saying.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast