Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Default *Official Jim Ross Blog Thread*

WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross is back with a new blog on jrsbarbq.com. Here are some highlights:

- Will the Undertaker wrestle at WM29? I honestly and truly have no idea. However, I don't believe all that I read online from those who are speculating multiple tales regarding the subject.

Do I think that the Undertaker is done? No. Absolutely not.

- Would Bruno Sammartino have made it in today's wrestling business? Absolutely. Bruno had 'it.' 'It' cannot be taught or feigned. Bruno knew how to connect with the paying customers. He was believeable. Just because Bruno never did a hurricanrana or a tope doesn't mean he would not have done well. It's all about talent and television and how the talents are perceived on TV. That means it takes a partnership between the two entities with the talent being the key component.

- Who was the MVP of the Royal Rumble PPV? Another subjective question with multiple right answers but for me, in my personal opinion, it was Chris Jericho, @IAmJericho. That's no knock on any of the other 'boys.' I think the live audience attending in Phoenix would likely agree.

- Do I think that JBL gets the credit he deserves for his long, title run? No. @JCLayfield reinvented himself multiple times after we hired him and each time he got better. He's a smart Texan who likely overachieved, as he and I both did in marriage, in the eyes of his peers. John was an excellent athlete who did not want to be average. He was a competitor who wanted the spotlight and was willing to put in the work to get it. If that meant pushing someone aside, so be it. I applaud that mindset and am proud of John's certain, HOF career. He's also a breath of fresh air on WWE TV and brings a high IQ to the broadcast table in his antagonist role.
    wzr

JR Blog: This Week's WWE Tryouts at Developmental, Thursday's NXT TV Tapings
    By Marc Middleton
    Feb 3, 2013 - 7:58:09 AM

WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross is back with a new blog on jrsbarbq.com, talking about the tryouts at NXT this week and Thursday's TV tapings. Here are some highlights:

- The NXT TV taping was another great learning experience for all involved. Tag Title tournament culminated along w/ several Divas getting significant TV exposure. As w/ any TV taping, some facets were better than others but in developmental that's the nature of the beast. Working in WWE Talent Development is a wonderful assignment for me and allows me to contribute to WWE's future & give back to our business. Helping the young broadcasters is extremely rewarding for me. Being able to offer positive motivation to all those who are just beginning they've career journey is rewarding & allows me to come away from each assignment feeling better about my day.

- The NXT tryouts started somewhat slowly on an extremely long Friday but Saturday was a superb day. The retention from Friday to Saturday w/ the drills was exceptional. Focus was improved, everyone seemed to be more comfortable. Fun day.

- Sunday will wrap up the process for the 30+ young men who were invited. Promos & more matches on tap before we wrap things up. If we can replicate the productivity we experienced Saturday, I'd expect a nice handful of offers to be extended over the next few weeks. Getting a WWE contract is daunting but well worth the effort and sacrifices it takes to get a shot at the Promised Land.

[LOP]

Jim Ross Blog: Lesnar's Attack On McMahon, Chris Jericho's Return, Bo Dallas
    By Michael Bluth
    Jan 29, 2013 - 4:10:14 PM

WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross has updated his blog at JRsBarBQ.com with his thoughts on Monday's RAW. Here are some highlights of what JR wrote about:

Bo Dallas: "Loved that Bo wears a black glove much like his WWE HOF family members, Grandpa Blackjack Mulligan and Uncle Barry Windham."

Chris Jericho's Return "The return to WWE for whatever the over discussed term of his contract may or may not be for @IAmJericho has been a shining light beginning on Sunday at the Rumble and Monday on RAW. Chris Jericho can make whoever he competes with better which is an artform that isn't in abundance in today's mat world. Great 'get' by WWE."

Brock Lesnar Attacking Vince McMahon: "Dramatic conclusion to Raw with the in ring confrontation of Mr. McMahon and @HeymanHustle which I knew would be a highlight of the night but I never dreamed it would become THE highlight of the broadcast. Great, organic chemistry between two men who have had plenty of experience 'debating' the other over the years. My black hat is off to both as it was the show closing moment that Raw needed and it delivered. The shocking return of Brock Lesnar was something that I did not expect to see Monday night and I certainly did not foresee the "Psycho Viking" F5'ing the Chairman of the Board. Freighting moment, in my view, taking all elements into consideration."

[LOP]

Jim Ross updated his JRSBARBQ.com blog with some Sunday thoughts about the WWE Network, the WWE Hall of Fame, and more:

Ross on the WWE Network: “As a DirecTV customer I’m intrigued that they have legit interest in the much discussed WWE Network but why wouldn’t they? I know what you know about the proposed WWE Network but I’m hopeful that it becomes a reality in the future. I applaud WWE’s diligence in taking it slow and deliberate in the planning of such a major project.

Ross on WWE Hall of Fame possibilities and celebrity inductees: “Curious to see if WWE adds another name to the 2013 WWE HOF class this Monday night on Raw. This class is already star studded but it seems inevitable that another name, maybe two, will be announced. I’d assume a ‘Celebrity” inductee will be named and I can think of several on a short list including Regis Philbin, Andy Kaufman, Lawrence Taylor and Cyndy Lauper among others. Stay tuned.”

Ross on the anniversary of the passing of Mr. Perfect Curt Hennig: “Can’t help but think about Curt Hennig aka Mr. Perfect today on the anniversary of his untimely passing. “Perfecto’ was as good a natural athlete as I’ve ever been around in the wrestling biz. Curt starting so young and wrestling so much likely contributed to his lingering back injuries as back ailments are horrific for any performer in the sports entertainment biz. Curt was also one of the funniest guys that I ever worked with on commentary and had legit, natural timing much like a guy he watched while growing up, Bobby ‘The Brain’ Heenan.”

Source: JrsBarBq

WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross has published a new blog on JrsBarBq.com. Here are some highlights.
    Thoughts on Jack Swagger & Zeb Colter: "I like the potential of ' Zeb' being added to the presentation of @RealJackSwagger. Key term is 'potential' but if it works it will help put Swagger back where I feel he will eventually land and that's in main events on a regular basis. Winning the Elimination Chamber match this Sunday in #NOLA would give the former #Sooner two sport star significant momentum. I may even pick Swagger to win when I do my predictions for the PPV this Sunday."

WWE Sending talent to rehab: "WWE has literally spends thousands upon thousands of dollars on helping former talents deal with their personal issues. TONS of big, money for the record. WWE never has received the credit due them for their help especially when they are not contractually obligated to do so but they instead address these matters because it's the right thing to do. However, people have to want to truly help themselves in order for rehab to work and unfortunately many more don't and would rather catch their buzz and continue to live the same pre-rehab life that they lead before therapy. I've been knee deep in these issues throughout my career and can assure you that relapses by talents and former talents is heartbreaking."

Undertaker's WrestleMania 29 status: "Getting tons of questions daily on Twitter about the Undertaker. I get the curiosity but I don't have any answers. One a more strategic note why would any announcement be made until after the Elimination Chamber when the Road to WrestleMania really starts rolling? I was also asked in the Q&A section if WWE would put Taker in a multiple person match at a WM? I can't and won't speak for WWE but I certainly wouldn't do such a booking. Finally, once again, I NEVER see the STREAK ending at the hands of ANYONE at ANY WrestleMania."

WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross has published a new blog on JrsBarBq.com. Here are some highlights.

The overall production: EThe #WWEChamber had many moments that I enjoyed. New Orleans live audience felt emotionally invested while watching on PPV from my home in Oklahoma. The look of the show, graphics, music, video packages were top shelf as always. No one does PPV better than @WWE in my biased opinion.

World Heavyweight Championship: I never saw the submission victory for Alberto Del Rio coming. @VivaDelRio using the cross armbreaker to submit @WWETheBigShow shows the effectiveness of the hold and that ADR can beat any one with it. I've always been a fan of when sport entertainment utilizes established submission holds.

United States Championship: Continue to be impressed with the United State Champion @AntonioCesaro as he seems to continue to get better with each outing. Cesaro is so fundamentally sound, much bigger and stronger than most perceive and is in magnificent physical condition. He has a legit shot to reinvigorate the US Title and it seems as if his rivalry with @MikeTheMiz is on going. The disqualification decision caught me off guard but the Ref's call appeared to be the only one that he could make.

Elimination Chamber match: The Elimination Chamber match delivered in a big way in my eyes. Loved that it came down to all six men before the first elimination was declared. It certainly was one of the better bouts of its type as all the participants had significant moments along the way. Even though @TheMarkHenry did not win he had a monster night. Very impactful and memorable. Great example of maximizing his minutes. Same can be said to some degree for @RandyOrton, @IAmJericho Chris Jericho and the eventual winner and former #OU Sooner Jack Swagger. Swagger now is in line for a major assignment at WM29 in Met Life Stadium where he will face Alberto Del Rio for the World Title.

Jericho continued his torrid paced return to WWE and his marathon like performance was outstanding. It's hard to believe that, arguably, Jericho is as good as he ever was, perhaps better in many ways, after such a long lay off. A true artisan.

Team Cena vs. Team Shield: The 6 man tag exceeded my expectations and I thought it, along with the Elimination Chamber, were, arguably, the matches of the night. Shocked to some degree that @TheShield won as their victory was definitely an 'upset' in my view. @WWERollins, @DeanAmbrose and @RomanReigns all had excellent nights against top quality opponents. The @WWENXT alums came though on game day and have added a freshness and unpredictability to WWE that always makes the TV product better.

Divas Championship: Kaitlyn is slowly building a nice body of work within the WWE Divas division that feels like anyone can beat the other on any given night.

WWE Championship: @TheRock defeating @CMPunk wasn't a total shocker including the controversy that dotted the bout toward its crescendo. Punk will likely have plenty to say about the matter tonight on #Raw that emanates from Lafayette, Louisiana. This bout saw two referees utilized, @HeymanHustle get dusted, Punk pinning Rock for long enough to grab a sandwich, and a well timed Rock Bottom to seal the deal. Lots of things to process in the final moments of the contest. "Was justice served?" Great line by @JCLayfield that certainly stimulated plenty of conjecture.

nodq

Credit: JRSBARBQ.com

Jim Ross recently posted a new blog entry. Here are the highlights…

On Zeb Coulter: Getting lots of Tweets regarding Zeb Colter’s politically based comments and many feel that the comments are untimely. Isn’t that what wrestling villains do, make inflammatory, controversial comments that strike a nerve with the audience? Same type of comments are made daily on a variety of news outlets so I’d suggest to the most vocal of critics to simply, “Lighten Up Francis.” Zeb’s TV persona is that of a political zealot who has controversial opinions. Zeb…if that is his real name. Jack Swagger is too good of a big, athlete to not have a viable shot at long term success in WWE. The former, two time, Oklahoma State High School Heavyweight Wrestling Champion AND All State football lineman went to OU as a two sport star and earned two time All American Honors in wrestling while a Sooner. Colter is helping develop Swagger’s TV persona which is timely while Swagger is as athletic a big men, 6’6″-270, as anyone on the WWE roster.

On The Shield: Huge win for the Shield on their first RAW bout defeating Jericho, Sheamus and Ryback, who seems to be in implosion mode. The Shield talents, who honed their skills at NXT, have proven that they can hunt with the big dogs. Now the difference maker is to not be satisfied with their skill set and today’s body of work but to relentlessly push to refine their game and to improve upon it.

On The New WWE Title: The Rock unveiled the newly designed WWE Title of which has been a topical, Twitter subject @JRsBBQ. I’ve stated many times in the past, I’m not a title belt aficionado and have never invested much of my time on the design of any championship. I think classy, simple is better but, again, I won’t lose any sleep over how a championship belt looks. Personalized Championship tittles are simply what they are. I always thought the old WCW Title belt was WAY too big as was the UWF Title back in the day while I still think that the Lou Thesz version of the NWA Title along with the Race, Funk, Brisco NWA title belt was classy and cool. But again, I’m not your best source for an opinion on the Spinner Title or Rock’s Brahma Bull Title. I’d say the same thing re: the Smoking Skull title as well in case you’re wondering.

On Paul Heyman and Vickie Guerrero: Paul Heyman and Vickie Guerrero have great chemistry. I enjoy their interactions. As I’ve said, Heyman is this generation’s best ‘manager’ and I don’t even know who’s in second place. One also has to tip one’s hat to Vickie Guerrero who has become a major player in WWE after getting such a late start in the biz. I am amazed at how good Vickie Guerrero has become. I’m very proud of Vickie and I’m positive that Eddy would have been too.

wzr

Default On The Undertaker Showing Up at Smackdown Tapings

Source: JR's BBQ

Jim Ross posted his latest blog at JRSBBQ.com. Here are some highlights:
    The Undertaker's return last night: "Lots of buzz about the surprise return of the Undertaker Saturday night at a WWE live event in Waco Texas. Taker wasn't advertised and competed in a tag team bout. It's great to see the Phenom stepping back into the ring and I hope that he gives himself a passing grade for his latest experience and that he feels great today.

"My Twitter @JRsBBQ blew up last night when photos of Taker in the ring in Waco starting being posted and then WWE.com posted more info and things really got crazy. Obsessed fans had the rest of the year booked within a matter of minutes as it relates to Taker.

"Perhaps these fans should spend as much time on their school homework.

"Like everyone else, I hope that Taker's return to the squared circle results in him performing at WM29 but I would suggest that isn't exactly a 'done deal' as I write this. Perhaps we will learn more next week on WWE TV or the week after. I'm willing to simply stay tuned and enjoy the ride and I remain optimistic. (What a novel concept.)"

Jack Swagger's arrest last week: "I'm still waiting for all the info to roll in from Mississippi regarding Swagger's arrest where he was changed with some misdemeanors. Obviously this situation was ill advised and should never have happened no matter how badly timed it is perceived by some. Any time is a bad time.

"I got criticized for saying that I wasn't turning my back on Swagger and I'm still of that mindset. Can you realize how many people that I would have failed to support back in my talent relations days if I had that mentality? At some point, if one cannot solve a problem, then one must eliminate said problem. But I've always felt compelled that one should exhaust all reasonable remedies to solve an issue before saying adios to any talent. I'd like to think that back in the day that I was a 'player's coach' but that doesn't mean that repeat offenders or those who are so defiant and that resist positive changes in their lives need to be kept around.

"I simply hope that Swagger has learned a life lesson from his mistake and that nothing like this ever occurs again. He owes it to himself, his family, the fans and his company to do so."

Much more is contained in Ross' latest blog, including his thoughts on the Q&A panel he participated in on Friday, Cena vs. Punk on RAW, UFC 157, Ronda Rousey being UFC's hottest star and much more. You can check out the full entry by clicking here.

Also, don't forget to order some of JR's BBQ Sauce, which is great for the kitchen and the grill, at WWEShop.com by clicking here.

JRBBQ

Credit: JRSBARBQ.com

Jim Ross has posted a new blog entry. Here are the highlights…

On Lesnar vs. Triple H: I really enjoyed the hot start to Monday Night RAW from Dallas and also the close of the broadcast which translates to me into a good broadcast. Dallas was a legit sell out, I couldn’t even get tickets for a few friends, and the crowd helped make the show better. The McMahon-Heyman in ring confrontation told a brief albeit short story that set up the HHH-Lesnar confrontation nicely. Lesnar needed, allegedly 12 or more staples in his head to close up a nasty gash that he received in a collision with the ring post. BTW the ring post generally wins those meetings. I am hopeful that HHH vs. Lesnar is a major part of WM29 and I have NO issues with this or any other viable match being a ‘return’ contest. Those that have issues with big time matches having a second go around have issues that I honestly can’t fully fathom. I can’t think of too many, major WWE main events that haven’t had a return match with the exception of a small handful. This concept has been around since before I got in the business in 1974 and is a viable part of the fabric of what sports entertainment is.

On The WWE Hall of Fame: Amazes me how some who follow me on Twitter @JRsBBQ or hit our Q&A section of the site can differentiate a WWE HOF induction for a celeb from an active participant. Donald Trump going in the ‘celebrity wing’ is essentially an honorary award and should not be confused with someone like Bruno or even a broadcaster like Mean Gene Okerlund. However for some reason there are many who feel that Trump is going into the WWE HOF over say, for instance, Macho Man Randy Savage, etc. That’s simply NOT the case but many refuse to want to understand this matter. BTW Donald Trump made many contributions to WWE including WM’s 4&5 and his involvement in the hair match with Mr. McMahon at WM23 did huge business. I take personal offense when I am tweeted that the WWE HOF is meaningless. I wear my WWE HOF ring daily and feel very blessed to have been inducted in 2007.

On Cena vs. Punk: I thought that the Cena vs. Punk match that filled approximately the final 30 minutes of Monday Night RAW was one of the absolute best RAW TV bouts that I can remember in a long, long time. The near falls continued to escalate as did the effort and physicality of both men. Punk working such a high level match after flying back from Turkey and battling jet lag as well as a motivated John Cena was $2 steak tough. Cena adding a few new wrinkles to his offense was surprising and effective. Both men had a noticeable sense of urgency which never fails to translate well if it is genuine and this certainly was. Bottom line is that two, main event talents had something tangible to fight for, the opportunity to compete for the WWE Title at WM29, and were allotted the appreciate TV time to tell us a helluva story. Not enough can be said about the pacing of the match and how it built to a significant crescendo. My black hat is off to both men as these are the types of main events that announcers throughout the ages have embraced and love to broadcast.

Jim Ross posted his latest blog at JRSBBQ.com. Here are some highlights:
    His appearance on SmackDown tonight: "Check out my cameo tonight on Friday Night Smackdown where I conduct an in ring interview with Jack Swagger and Zeb Colter taped Tuesday night in OKC. Colter's anti Hispanic rant is uncomfortable to say the least. Swagger's conduct is no better."

JBL not commentating on tonight's show: "BTW...tonight on Smackdown the broadcast trio of Michael Cole, Jerry Lawler and Josh Mathews will voice the show over live in order to really making it social media friendly and topical to today's news and happenings. Hopefully we might get to hear from the mountain climbing JBL, or at least get an update, but that's dependent on John's ability to communicate from his lofty location."

Monday's Old School RAW: "Seems like this Monday's Old School Raw has created a nice buzz for the live, TV event to emanate from Buffalo, New York. I still have my lovely, yellow blazer hanging in my closet from a past Old School Raw broadcast which always reminds me of the good, old days of Monday Night Football. I'm guessing that there will be some fun surprises in store for the fans Monday night live on RAW. "

Much more is contained in Ross' latest blog, including why he never makes appearances at Comic Con, his thoughts on Ronda Rousey, Booker T, signing his first WWE contract 20 years ago this week and much more

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast