Phil Jones expects Manchester United to shrug off the derby defeat and continue their march towards the Premier League title.

Sergio Aguero's late effort sealed a 2-1 victory for Manchester City at Old Trafford on Monday, but United still have a commanding 12-point lead at the top of the table.

Jones believes United should not be too downcast about the defeat and is confident they will get back on track and regain the league crown.

"We have to keep our heads up because we are still in a fantastic position," he said.

"The lads deserve an enormous amount of credit and hopefully we can go on and win the league.

"We have to keep our heads up because we are still in a fantastic position."
Phil Jones

"We have to get back on the training pitch and do what we do best - recover. I am sure we will."

Jones, who forced Vincent Kompany into an own-goal, was asked to play as centre-back for only the fourth time this season due to a string of injuries in the United squad.

The former Blackburn player produced an assured display in the heart of defence and regards this role as his natural position.

"I enjoyed it," he said. "I like playing centre-back and hopefully I can play a few more times before the end of the season."