Bradley Cooper opened up to the May issue of Details magazine on one of the most important leading ladies in his life — his mother.

The handsome "Hangover 3" star revealed that he has been living with his mom, Gloria, since his father Charles, passed away after a long battle with cancer in January 2011.

Bradley Cooper, best actor nominee for his role in "Silver Linings Playbook", and his mother Gloria Cooper at the 85th Academy Awards in Hollywood in Feb.

"Let's face it: It's probably not easy for her, by the way, to be living with her son. It's life. And right now, two years after my father's death, this is where we are," he said on his living situation.

"My family is very close, and my dad dying was brutal for all of us. It was a schism, and its aftershock has not stopped. And we need each other. So here we are but don't get me wrong. It's not without complications. It's not like I live in a compound and she's in the guesthouse. No. She's in the next room. But here's the thing: She's a cool chick. We can hang, and she can roll with the punches. If that wasn't the case, there's no way."

"I really hope I have that experience in my life. I saw how much joy fatherhood gave my own dad. So I hope it's part of my journey. You go through stages in your life, and fatherhood seems like a natural stage," Cooper said on becoming a dad himself someday.

Cooper told the mag that his father's death had a big impact on how he now lives his everyday life.

"I was like, 'Okay. This is death. And this is going to happen to me one day.' There was a huge freedom that came with that. I just don't sweat the sh-t. The small stuff. My mind is just less busy now," he said.

After an Oscar nomination for his role in David O'Russell's film 'Silver Linings Playbook,' Cooper is currently filming another O'Russell project entitled 'American Hustle.'

"I used to think, 'Oh, my God. I don't want to make anyone not like me. I don't want to ruffle any feathers.' Now it's like, 'I'm just going to be myself and trust that. And I'm enjoying life more."

The 38-year-old actor dished on his hopes to become a father himself someday.

"Of course I have (thought about it)," he said.

"I really hope I have that experience in my life. I saw how much joy fatherhood gave my own dad. So I hope it's part of my journey. You go through stages in your life, and fatherhood seems like a natural stage."

Although Cooper isn’t starting a family quite yet, he is currently rumored to be dating 20-year-old model Suki Waterhouse. His past public relationships include dating actress Renee Zellweger and most recently Zoe Salanda, who he split with just before the Holidays.

Cooper also touched on his Oscar nomination for his role in David O'Russell's blockbuster hit "Silver Linings Playbook."

"I knew I wasn't going to win," the actor, who is currently filming another O' Russell project now revealed to be titled "American Hustle," said.

"But something pretty funny happens on the actual night. Even though I knew there was no chance I'd win, the millisecond in between when they open the envelope and they say the name, your brain goes, 'Wait a minute. It could happen. It's possible. A one-in-five chance, right?'

- NY Daily News