Beauty queen Katherine Webb will never know if she'd be crowned Splash winner.

The Sports Illustrated model and Miss Alabama USA 2012 withdrew from Tuesday's show.

At the start of the episode, Webb was seen struggling in her diving practice. "I went to the doctor and unfortunately he told me I'm out for the competition," she told the audience.

"I've really gotten to know Katherine Webb over the weeks we practiced together," her pal Louie Anderson tweeted on Tuesday. "She put all that she could into this, and she wanted to go on but she was truly hurt and in pain. And couldn't!"

Later, she tweeted: "Thank you guys for all the support! Means so much. Love you guys."

In a classic reality show twist, her exit meant that a recently eliminated person could return to the show. So Louie came back! And he tackled a dive from the highest platform. When a judge complimented the 400-pounder's bravery, Louie corrected him. "It's 399!"

At the end of the episode, Anderson found himself in the bottom two with soccer star Brandi Chastain. They were supposed to compete in a dive-off, but Louie withdrew, saying,"You know, I really went further than I ever thought I could. And I know I have very little chance of winning this competition." He exited, leaving Brandi to advance in the competition.

"Louie, you won our hearts the first time you took a dive. Tonight you have our hearts forever," said host Joey Lawrence, who even took a plunge into the water with co-host Charissa Thompson. They were both fully clothed!

- USA Today