Samoa Joe was interviewed by FOX SPORTS 1340AM. Here are some highlights.

On the current breed of TNA talent: I think TNA has the best talent, the best locker room in the world. I put our locker room against any body in the world. I am here to compete with the best in the world and that's what TNA is all about.

On his early UPW days: First of all, your facts are all screwy. First of all Daniels never trained anyone in his life. If anyone was the trainer in UPW it was Samoa Joe. You can go ask anyone in those videos and they will tell you the same damn thing. Right now you need to realize that a lot of great talent came from UPW: Myself, Christopher Daniels, Kaz, guys up in other companies.

You look at those tapes and you see the future of pro wrestling. I was very fortunate to be a part of that family early on in my career with a lot of those great wrestlers. We all kind of forged our path into this business and we run things now so it's nice.

Company current direction
: whats right about our company is the wrestlers in the ring. Nothing is handed to us here, every step that we take we earn here and we do it on our own here. I'm excited and I will always be excited to be a part of something new, something pioneering, history that I built.

I'm not trying to live off of anyones history and TNA is needed. The history looks bright and i look forward to it.

nodq