Nordic Games says it “will look into various options” to make sequels to Darksiders. In an interview with Eurogamer, Nordic CEO Lars Wingefors explained that his company is considering all of the possibilities for the franchise and having discussions about its future.

"We are not a developer," Wingefors said. "We should not create a sequel. We need to find the best creative team to look into a sequel. We will look into various options to make sequels. In the last 24 hours we have been approached by people who seem to know that product very well. However, if those discussions lead anywhere, I don't know."

Wingefors also discussed the possibility of working with Crytek USA, a studio made up of ex-Darksiders devs who recently expressed interest in the franchise.

“Without saying we have been in contact with Crytek USA, I'd love to do something with them if we can find the right set-up," Wingefors said. "If they can prove they can make a worthwhile sequel, why shouldn't we talk? I have a great respect for those guys. They made very good games. But I'm sure they have a full agenda. Making games takes time. They are the best-suited people in the world to make a sequel, that I'm aware of. But if someone else has a better set-up, they should step forward. We take one day at a time. I'm sure we'll get the chance to speak."

Yesterday, Nordic acquired the rights to Darksiders as well as Red Faction, MX vs. ATV and many more. At the time, Wingefors said “in the long term, we either want to cooperate with the original creators or best possible developers in order to work on sequels or additional content for these titles. A very important point for us is not to dash into several self-financed multi-million dollar projects right away, but rather to continue our in-depth analysis of all titles and carefully selecting different financing models for developing new installments of acquired IPs."

ign